What's new

Iran announces a new tank called Karrar

S-300 has absolutely nothing to do with Bavar-373. In this very interview, defense min said Bavar-373 project is going on with full speed and from 0 to 100 of its components are designed and made domestically. On the other hand, it takes times to mass manufacture this system as its our first long range ADS. So buying S-300 has nothing to do with this, it was already available and would boost our AD capability until Bavar reaches mass production. It's like saying why Turkey buys F-16s since it wants to build TFX, sounds stupid, doesn't it?

I'm waiting for its unveiling day, only to see some faces and reactions. It wouldn't take more than a year for its official unveiling.

----------------------------------------------

On topic: It seems instead of going on with mass production of Zulfiqar 3 (which was based on T-72, with many upgrades), we chose to develop a much better tank from base that will be the backbone of our tank forces. It's a good decision.
You need to understand when the purpose of the speaker is not to about quenching "technical curiosity" but "something else". Bravo for the self sufficiency achievements by you guys :tup: it was a long and difficult way and there is till more to go. Stay blessed.

I am simply pointing out the ground realities of the world at large. You shouldn't be sensitive about it.

Nobody is stopping or discouraging Iran from developing an MBT indigenously, if they really can.

If the product is really indigenous, neutral observors will acknowledge it as such. If not, neutral observors will point the obvious. Good luck.

:tup:

Alright alright but where is the tank itself? I mean show it so we also know how much 100% domestic irani tank looks like and how powerful it is.

So now the existence of new tank confirmed by DM !

News : bigger flying wing drones... Manned flying wings ! :D

February 3:
Russian UralVagonZavod (UVZ) company is ready to establish T-90S main battle tanks (MBT) licensed production in Iran in the case of military-techinal cooperation liberalization and lifting of related limitations. It was revealed by the UVZ`s official spokeperson Alexey Zharich.

February 9:
Iran's defense minister just announced a new main battle tank called Karrar. According to the defense minister, Hossein Dehghan, the tank is as capable as Russia's T-90 tank, and perhaps even better.

Coincidence ? I don't think so.

February 3:
Russian UralVagonZavod (UVZ) company is ready to establish T-90S main battle tanks (MBT) licensed production in Iran in the case of military-techinal cooperation liberalization and lifting of related limitations. It was revealed by the UVZ`s official spokeperson Alexey Zharich.

February 9:
Iran's defense minister just announced a new main battle tank called Karrar. According to the defense minister, Hossein Dehghan, the tank is as capable as Russia's T-90 tank, and perhaps even better.

Bro ... Miss translation !

Leave it ...

He was talking about the reason of cancelling T90 purchase from Russia !

Some comments really wonder me!
Iran doesn't follow a classic defense strategy, its obvious. When you have an enemy like the United states, you're forced to adopt an unconventional/asymmetric defense strategy.
We do not need modern MBTs in our actual military; It's why we have developed 5-6 tanks until now but no one has been mass produced; But have developed 7-8 anti armor weapons and all of them are produced in a high quantity.
i believe that projects like Karrar and Zolfaqar have technological goals.

2589393_233.jpg
153154.png

February 3:

February 9:

He just wants to say that 'We were buying Russian tanks, but now we're developing something similar/better, instead.'
Anyway I think the tank will have some common things with the Russian T family...

Few countries in the world have the capability to develop an indigenous MBT; they are Germany, USA, Russia, France and UK. Other countries can only modify existing platforms and give them new names.
So, the tanks of South Korea (K1), Japan (Type 61, Type 74, Type 90, Type 10), Italy (Ariete), Israel (Merkava), India (Arjun), Turkey (Altay), Sweden (S-tank, Ikv 91), Switzerland (Pz 58, Pz 61, Pz 68), Brazil (EE-T1/T2 Osório) were or are all simply modified existing platforms from Germany, USA, Russia, France and UK?

So, the tanks of South Korea (K1), Japan (Type 61, Type 74, Type 90, Type 10), Italy (Ariete), Israel (Merkava), India (Arjun), Turkey (Altay), Sweden (S-tank, Ikv 91), Switzerland (Pz 58, Pz 61, Pz 68), Brazil (EE-T1/T2 Osório) were or are all simply modified existing platforms from Germany, USA, Russia, France and UK?
More or less, yes.

That wouldn't surprise me. On the one hand, Iran is always faster than Turkey in the development of new systems. On the other hand, the Turks almost always deliver better quality (NATO standard) than Iran.

That's why I want a cooperation with Iran.

We could develop and produce high-quality, effective and robust weapon systems together. Both countries would be less dependent on foreign producers. We could save billions of USD. Why shouldn't we work together?
We complement each other so great. :-(

b42.png
Because, evidently, if we let out poltical issues, there are hatred, anger and rivary feelings on both sides deep in our people. However on the one hand I would love to see cooperation between Turkey and Iran but on the other hand I know this will not happen - I see a dark future coming for us all.

Back
Top Bottom