What's new

Iran announces a new tank called Karrar

with "elements and features of the T-90"
Where this important part is mentioned by the commander!? I could n't find it in the original interview text... Maybe his words as Karrar having all modern features T-90 and other modern tanks have is misinterpreted again... He said this totally-Iranian designed and produced tank will be very modern easily competing the best tanks globally... He said the design and production is %100 Iranian... I guess our friends made a bad translation again

Where this important part is mentioned by the commander!? I could n't find it in the original interview text... Maybe his words as Karrar having all modern features T-90 and other modern tanks have is misinterpreted again... He said this totally-Iranian designed and produced tank will be very modern easily competing the best tanks globally... He said the design and production is %100 Iranian... I guess our friends made a bad translation again

Thats quite possible, though the timing really seems fitting.

Thats quite possible, though the timing really seems fitting.
The timing is because many criticized importing too much weaponry while we can produce them locally in Iranian media. The commander tried to assure those critics by saying don't worry we started to do the big job years ago and we are only millimeters away from Iranian advanced tank and other advanced stuff.... From what is seen in last couple of months interviews of top commanders, I could easily predict a huge set of serious Iranian Made modern weaponry underway for unveiling soon...

Will it be anything like this low-IQ junk? LOL

maxresdefault.jpg
No, this high-speed, off road tank prototype is nothing... It will be more of this Turkish achievement... :agree::disagree:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ident/&usg=AFQjCNHAvKFweCpKuA5h618f7u3l3LNSJA

S-300 has absolutely nothing to do with Bavar-373. In this very interview, defense min said Bavar-373 project is going on with full speed and from 0 to 100 of its components are designed and made domestically. On the other hand, it takes times to mass manufacture this system as its our first long range ADS. So buying S-300 has nothing to do with this, it was already available and would boost our AD capability until Bavar reaches mass production. It's like saying why Turkey buys F-16s since it wants to build TFX, sounds stupid, doesn't it?

I'm waiting for its unveiling day, only to see some faces and reactions. It wouldn't take more than a year for its official unveiling.

----------------------------------------------

On topic: It seems instead of going on with mass production of Zulfiqar 3 (which was based on T-72, with many upgrades), we chose to develop a much better tank from base that will be the backbone of our tank forces. It's a good decision.
You need to understand when the purpose of the speaker is not to about quenching "technical curiosity" but "something else". Bravo for the self sufficiency achievements by you guys :tup: it was a long and difficult way and there is still more way to go.

Few countries in the world have the capability to develop an indigenous MBT; they are Germany, USA, Russia, France and UK. Other countries can only modify existing platforms and give them new names.

That wouldn't surprise me. On the one hand, Iran is always faster than Turkey in the development of new systems. On the other hand, the Turks almost always deliver better quality (NATO standard) than Iran.

That's why I want a cooperation with Iran.

We could develop and produce high-quality, effective and robust weapon systems together. Both countries would be less dependent on foreign producers. We could save billions of USD. Why shouldn't we work together?
We complement each other so great. :-(

b42.png

Why are certain Turks acting like kids here? We are working on a project. Inshallah, we will succeed, maybe we won't. If we succeed, it might not be as good as we hoped. If we fail, we at least probably learned a few things for new projects.

But whatever the outcome, doing it is better than not doing it

Why are certain Turks acting like kids here? We are working on a project. Inshallah, we will succeed, maybe we won't. If we succeed, it might not be as good as we hoped. If we fail, we at least probably learned a few things for new projects.

But whatever the outcome, doing it is better than not doing it

I could not have said it any better.

It's not impossible...

Such a mentality is a poison !
I am simply pointing out the ground realities of the world at large. You shouldn't be sensitive about it.

Nobody is stopping or discouraging Iran from developing an MBT indigenously, if they really can.

If the product is really indigenous, neutral observors will acknowledge it as such. If not, neutral observors will point the obvious. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom