What's new

Iranian Economy.....news and discussions

The old map had Andimeshk highlighted and it reminded me of Andimeshek city from the old imf forum. I think he was one of the best sources of images from parades and war games.
Hope you're well my friend. Same goes for Catsoo and some of the others.
Wasnt Andimeshk not the one who was at AD in Iran army, espacially at a twin-23mm-su-flak?

Last edited:
Wasnt Andimeshk not the one who was at AD in Iran army, espacially at a twin-23mm-su-flak?
He posted a selfie in uniform one time; I think He did operate that but I'm not sure though.

If this data is indeed true a very good sign that Raisi finally have lit the fuse under Iranian economy..(remember Iran is still under full sanctions so this is even more remarkable if true!!! )

Iran's first quarter GDP growth (March, April and May 2023) at 6.2%.o_O:woot::woot:
View attachment 954796

View attachment 954797

UPDATE:

Iranian government released GDP growth numbers do not correspond to IMF growth numbers..It appears that someone is not telling the truth..

IMF growth forecast for 2023 (Iran)..3%..(based on 3 quarters actual data)

Iran's government released data : 6.2%...(one quarter actual data)
I no longer can make any sense of the data release by Iran so I give up!!.maybe I should smoke the same stuff mullahs do!!..lol
GDP_IR.JPG

any way Iranian news paper considers 3% as victory by comparing it to the stagnant European economies..Iran needs 6% or higher to progress ..we are going backwards

صندوق بین المللی پول: جایگاه ایران به لحاظ رشد اقتصادی 10 پله بهبود یافت​

جدیدترین گزارش صندوق بین‌المللی پول نشان می‌دهد جایگاه ایران به لحاظ رشد اقتصادی در میان کشورهای جهان بهبود 10 پله‌ای را ثبت کرده است و از کشورهای آمریکا، انگلیس، آلمان و فرانسه بالاتر قرار دارد.
صندوق بین المللی پول: جایگاه ایران به لحاظ رشد اقتصادی 10 پله بهبود یافت

به گزارش خبرنگار گروه اقتصاد بین‌الملل فارس، صندوق بین‌المللی پول اعلام کرد، جایگاه ایران به لحاظ رشد اقتصادی در میان 191 کشور جهان در سال جاری میلادی که 2 ماه تا پایان آن مانده، نسبت به سال گذشته 10 پله بهبود یافته است.
بر اساس آمارهای این نهاد بین‌المللی که در گزارش چشم‌انداز اقتصادی جهان منتشر شده است، ایران در سال جاری میلادی رشد اقتصادی 2.976 درصدی (3 درصدی) خواهد داشت.
این آمار نشان می‌دهد، ایران امسال با پیشی گرفتن از 10 کشور به جایگاه 90 رسیده و این یعنی رشد اقتصادی ایران از 101 کشور جهان بالاتر است.
رشد اقتصادی ایران در سال 2022 برابر با 3.777 درصد (3.8 درصد) بوده است و ایران در جایگاه صدم قرار داشته است.
* جایگاه پایین‌تر آمریکا، انگلیس، فرانسه و آلمان از ایران
بسیاری از اقتصادهای بزرگ جهان رتبه‌های چندان خوبی ندارند و حتی پایین‌تر از ایران قرار گرفته‌اند.
از جمله می‌توان به انگلیس اشاره کرد که با رشد اقتصادی 0.48 درصدی در جایگاه 171 در میان 191 کشور قرار دارد. رشد اقتصادی انگلیس پارسال 4.102 درصد بوده است.
فرانسه هم با رشد اقتصادی 0.95 درصدی در جایگاه 158 قرار دارد و رشد اقتصادی این کشور در سال گذشته میلادی برابر با 2.52 درصد بوده است.
رشد اقتصادی آلمان که در سال 2022 برابر با 1.8 بوده است در سال جاری میلادی به منفی 0.53درصد افت کرده و این کشور جایگاه 181 را در میان 191 کشور بررسی شده در این گزارش در اختیار دارد.
آمریکا به عنوان بزرگ‌ترین اقتصاد جهان با رشد اقتصادی 2 درصدی جایگاه 125 را به خود اختصاص داده است.
کشورهای بحرین، اردن، یونان، قطر، اسپانیا، روسیه، ژاپن، سوئیس، عربستان و عراق در سال 2023 رشد اقتصادی کمتری نسبت به ایران داشته‌اند و رده‌های پایین‌تر از ایران قرار گرفتند.
در رده‌بندی کشورها به لحاظ رشد اقتصادی، ماکائو با رشد 74.7 درصدی در جایگاه نخست، گویان با 38.4 درصد در جایگاه دوم و لیبی با 12.54 درصد در جایگاه سوم قرار دارند.
سودان با رشد منفی 18 درصدی در جایگاه آخر از این منظر قرار دارد.

Shocking news:mad::mad::mad:

are we paying bribes to China!! I can not understand this government..I thought they wanted to increase domestic production

despite having the largest auto industry in West Asia, Iran is buying $3 billion dollars worth of transportation busses,electric Taxis, motorcycles from China.

1000 electric buses,
1000 gas-fueled double cabin buses,
10 thousand electric vans,
10 thousand electric taxis and
100 thousand electric motorcycles.

Shocking news:mad::mad::mad:

are we paying bribes to China!! I can not understand this government..I thought they wanted to increase domestic production

despite having the largest auto industry in West Asia, Iran is buying $3 billion dollars worth of transportation busses,electric Taxis, motorcycles from China.

1000 electric buses,
1000 gas-fueled double cabin buses,
10 thousand electric vans,
10 thousand electric taxis and
100 thousand electric motorcycles.

yes we do otherwise they would have made deal with china for building a factory to produce these inside iran
now i wonder which deals are better the ones PGCC is making with china or the ones these guys make

yes we do otherwise they would have made deal with china for building a factory to produce these inside iran
now i wonder which deals are better the ones PGCC is making with china or the ones these guys make
Iran cannot produce electric motorbikes so 100,000 of those have to be imported from China ??

of all the things to import from China (some makes sense if we can only use oil funds to net off against purchases from China), why this

Iran cannot produce electric motorbikes so 100,000 of those have to be imported from China ??
well we get s-300 when bavar and 3rd of khordad were ready
there is talk of su-35 when kowsar was being worked on
we see yak-130 when yasin made its first flight
we have talk of mil helicopters when there come photos of our upgraded helicopter based on AH-1j that were compatible with our own weapon with range more than any you could find on those mil
now come this news for bikes after
or bus after
or cars after this
of all the things to import from China (some makes sense if we can only use oil funds to net off against purchases from China), why this
there are traitors and sellouts in our government and nobody care about them

we have talk of mil helicopters when there come photos of our upgraded helicopter based on AH-1j that were compatible with our own weapon with range more than any you could find on those mil
or bus after
or cars after this

I don't take your view that everything must be produced locally and nothing should be imported, but imagine what $3 billion could do if invested in a new electric vehicle start up or even spin off division from IKCO or MAPNA, this is a stupid thing to import only suitable for countries with no local industries

heavy machinery and equipment to increase local productivity are much better things for Iran to buy from China, not electric mopeds that a university student with $10,000 grant could make

I don't take your view that everything must be produced locally and nothing should be imported, but imagine what $3 billion could do if invested in a new electric vehicle start up or even spin off division from IKCO or MAPNA, this is a stupid thing to import only suitable for countries with no local industries
i never said everything must be built in Iran , but i say if a company start producing something we must not exactly at the same time start importing that product . why instead of those electric car don't import the same amount of fuel efficient car so it be incentive to our car makers to make better car and instead the protection we offer them for normal cars we offer for electric and hybrid cars

or bus after
or cars after this

Correct... I did shut my mouth when this F*king mayor of Tehran went to China and proudly proclaimed success in buying metro wagons.($1 billion dollars)..despite Iran having one production line for this and MAPNA producing in-house Bogie..(he expected hero's welcome for signing a cheque!!!)

And now this news in the same trip!!..He must be hung from a lamp post...

Lot and lots of Kick backs in these deals..What I am surprised about and show corruption is really deep in Islamic Republic:

NO news of this second MOU in the press ..seems like they are keeping in to themselves.

NO public reaction even in the parlement.. ..Imagine this $3 billion is outright purchase ..no in-house licensing, no production line..zilch...same deal is happening with Russian planes..direct purchase..just sign the cheque.....

"vai be rozi ke begandad namak".:mad:

Last edited:
i never said everything must be built in Iran , but i say if a company start producing something we must not exactly at the same time start importing that product . why instead of those electric car don't import the same amount of fuel efficient car so it be incentive to our car makers to make better car and instead the protection we offer them for normal cars we offer for electric and hybrid cars
when you compare kowsar and su-35 is where I have a problem but otherwise I agree, perverse decision making

Correct... I did shut my mouth when this F*king mayor of Tehran went to China and proudly proclaimed success in buying metro wagons.($1 billion dollars)..despite Iran having one production line for this and MAPNA producing in-house Bogie..(he expected hero's welcome for signing a cheque!!!)

And now this news in the same trip!!..He must be hung from a lamp post...

Lot and lots of Kick backs in these deals..What I am surprised about and show corruption is really deep in Islamic Republic:

NO news of this second MOU in the press ..seems like they are keeping in to themselves.

NO public reaction even in the parlement.. ..Imagine this $3 billion is outright purchase ..no in-house licensing, no production line..zilch...same deal is happening with Russian planes..direct purchase..just sign the cheque.....

"vai be rozi ke begandad namak".:mad:
alternative use of this $3 billion: invest $2 billion in MAPNA and IKCO JV to create a regional powerhouse for production of electric vehicles (in exchange for the funding, a requirement that the costs of the final products are kept affordable for Iranians for X years), spend $640 million to buy 16 SU-35 fighter jets, invest $60 million in Iranian BVR AAM project, invest $250 million in domestic AWACS project and invest $50 million to operationalise at least one upgraded Bavar-373 battery

my alternate is to use that to advance our airborne radar technology and domestic jet engine production
those are longer term projects with no guarantee of success. consider how much India spent on its jet engine program with no results for many decades.

16 SU-35 fighter jets plugs an immediate gap without being overly expensive. India spent $2 billion just to buy 2 AWACS planes from Russia, for quarter of this price we can have four modern interceptor squadrons to support ground-based IADS within a few years

but we know you are not flexible in this area and too idealistic, so no point rehashing same points again

those are longer term projects with no guarantee of success. consider how much India spent on its jet engine program with no results for many decades.

16 SU-35 fighter jets plugs an immediate gap without being overly expensive. India spent $2 billion just to buy 2 AWACS planes from Russia, for quarter of this price we can have four modern interceptor squadrons to support ground-based IADS within a few years

but we know you are not flexible in this area and too idealistic, so no point rehashing same points again
when you compare them to 215 f-15SA from ksa or UAEs 80 Rafael or 30+ F-35 of Israel or 35 f-16v of Bahrain i wonder what they plug? wonder if the plug the gap in Asfghanistan border

Back
Top Bottom