What's new

Interview of Wen Jiabao

This guy will probably get arrested soon along with his family.

Wen wanna make sure that his family will keep bagging the trillion that they stolen from the Chinese people for eternity.

That's why they are promoting the western 'democracy'.
Yes. Wen is a total hypocrite. He wanna legalize his family's corruption

53c5eff63916db0f720a7

See who Wen standing aside with.

Not necessary, economic freedom should be number 1. If you cannot feed yourself why bother freedom of speech and press freedom. Also China would be risking unwelcome foreign influence/subversion. That is why Russia clamping down on the internet. In Malaysia it is really scary, you don't know when they are going to use the hate card. Hate/anger are powerful tool that can be easily exploited.

Technological progress will greatly improve rule of law. More surveillance(yes, more of NSA which also monitors corruption), more automation, better prediction and efficiency. This will reduce the human factor. Also there must have a "system overwrite" just in case of shit happens.

There cannot be genuine democracy either, you have representative that got elected because he is charismatic and probably has no idea how to manage. Democracy in a sense is only represented by a few hundred person.

Why would the chinese would like democracy, when the west are starting to having second thoughts about it?

One in three Germans say capitalism to blame for poverty, hunger| Reuters
(Reuters) - Nearly a third of Germans believe that capitalism is the cause of poverty and hunger and a majority think true democracy is not possible under that economic system, according to a survey published on Tuesday by the Emnid polling institute for Berlin's Free University.The survey found that more than 60 percent of Germans believe there is no genuine democracy in their country because industry has too much political influence and that the voice of the voters plays only a subordinate role.
I always dream China as a country run by sensible and capable elites without election but a well-rounded independent legal system and a sort of space for free speech. I'm never afraid of democracy, but afraid of hatred and populism evoked by elections as in the case of ROC

check the growth in patent rates and scientific publications during the Hu era. It was those 10 years that China transformed from a relatively weak country like today's India into a scientific powerhouse. In the late 90's early 2000's, do you even realize how many people were ashamed for being Chinese? How Falun Gong started? It was no accident.

I never said Hu and Wen's government is good for nothing, their 和谐社会 is right to some extent especially after being through chaos in 1990s, but it breeds unstable factors too. I don't know why people ashamed of being Chinese, at least I am not.

Almost all places have been, but history is no excuse for future. Also, the changes that we are seeing are momentous and monumental today. Due to various reasons, the pace of change of human society has accelerated multiple folds, during the past decades.

There was very less change in societies between 100 and 200 AD, even in 1500 and 1600 AD, but today the world is totally different. Totally!

Also, at that time the whole state belonged to a particular tribe, or ruler, or elite. Today it is well accepted that it isot. People want their rights. Even the elites, who may still own the state in various measures to various extents, would accept that the state belongs to the people. You must have people's trust and faith in the state. Especially of the most talented ones.

I am telling you, the only revolution standing between China and to be the sole superpower is one of political revolution.

Also, don't believe the democratic extremists, like that in Hong Kong etc. Democracy can very well protect your national sovereignty. A democratic government is by its default more legitimate, because if it is not, it can be just voted out. There is a minimum threshold of acceptance that it must have.

One big thing that China lacks is soft power, the primary reason of it being that the chinese politicians don't know how to appeal to public, and create public opinions and narratives. In the battle of narratives, China always looses. This is a result of democratic training, (and also one of its biggest flaws) that you learn how to handle public opinions and narratives.
hey, my indian friends, i'm never afraid of democracy but afraid of elections, all the elections around the world today. I support the core values of democracy, but it has to adapt to China's status quo and traditions. That's why I like Singapore's system, of the most Chinese characteristics

aha, former premier Zhao Ziyang on Tiananmen Square in 1989, isn't it?
Yes.Zhao is famous for saying that '我们老喽,无所谓了(we are old,don't care what happenning)'.

Yes.Zhao is famous for saying that '我们老喽,无所谓了(we are old,don't care what happenning)'.
I'm more into Jiang's saying, TOO SIMPLE, SOMETIMES NAIVE! lol.

Democracy has nothing to do with social equality and thriving development. Japan, South Korea and ROC, all these East Asia regions thrive upon people's endeavour as opposed to wasting timings in verbal battles. When ROC comes to populism and political hatred, it fails to become a better Chinese society, once a model in Chinese world.

Typical delusional Indian, everybody knows that your so-called 'democracy' is nothing but a third world sh1thole, while the US always uses 'democracy' as a political tool.

Now we got a strong leader like Xi Jinping, we know where we are heading in the future.

So mind your own business and don't stick your nose on our business.

An Indian talking about democracy is no less tragic than a mass rapist lecturing about women's empowerment.

The more Indians lecture China on democracy, the more mainstream Chinese abhor about it.

If Indians shut their mouths up and stop being the worst example of a dysfunctional/failed democracy, that will serve their cause to create trouble inside China. But the more they talk, the less effective they become.

And I do not understand -- why engage Indians on China's internal matters? What is the urge to be on the defensive? Why not ignore?

If an Indian can be proud of a failed model, why cannot Chinese be half as proud of the best working model of the time and of the recent memory?

Last edited:
Democracy has nothing to do with social equality and thriving development. Japan, South Korea and ROC, all these East Asia regions thrive upon people's endeavour as opposed to wasting timings in verbal battles. When ROC comes to populism and political hatred, it fails to become a better Chinese society, once a model in Chinese world.

Japan, S Korea, ROC all have their serious social problems but just not as bizarre as the Indians'
There are more democracies that are failing than doing well

ROC is in chaos Japanese was screwed by the hegemony when they were no 2 in economy - read the book
japan+can+say+no.jpg

I have pointed out why democracy fails somewhere if I may trace back to the writing
If you go against the hegemony, you are bound to be screwed
If you dont have strong defense and / or a good per capita resources, you are bound to be screwed
PERIOD

84024.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom