What's new

China does not feel like an economy in crisis, Amid talk of high youth unemployment, trains, cinemas and concerts are full

..and what number would you claim that to be? 60%? So 40% of your country are rural farmers..so they don't count?
Rural chinese might as well be foreigners with how Beijing treated them. They needed pasports to travel into the cities. Hukou system. And if they want to live inside the cities seeking employments or education they needed to buy houses.

Also the article shows is that the economic downturn haven't been felt yet by majority of chinese.

As autumn approaches, global investors can no longer hold their breath waiting for the upwind. Foreign investors are now fleeing the Shanghai Stock Exchange in droves, further weakening the slumping market. Confidence, which former Premier Wen Jiabao once said is "worth more than gold and money" appears in short supply.

Last edited:
Rural chinese might as well be foreigners with how Beijing treated them. They needed pasports to travel into the cities. And if they want to live inside the cities seeking employments or education they needed to buy houses.

Also the article shows is that the economic downturn haven't been felt yet by majority of chinese.

Beijing Shanghai are flooded with rural Chinese. I dont see any discrimination in day to day people to people interaction. They dont need any passport into Beijing.

But their babies cannot enrol in government schools.

Beijing Shanghai are flooded with rural Chinese. I dont see any discrimination in day to day people to people interaction. They dont need any passport into Beijing.

But their babies cannot enrol in government schools.
How to destroy your own argument 101.

Also yikes, man.

How to destroy your own argument 101.

Also yikes, man.

It is not as if Chinese can pee on another one.

Indian dalits can be killed simply by romancing with Brahmin women.

1693724245627.png

The state council information office PRC
Many people in the 16-24 employment survey are school students

View attachment 950684

Err no.

’16-24岁很多是在校学生‘ means many of those aged 16-24 are studying, which is true. They didn't say that they include those who are studying in their unemployed figures; they just don't include them in the labor force which is the same practice in other countries. You don't include students, housewives, retirees etc in your labor force and thus unemployment figures.

In fact, your post 青年人当中失业的总共600多万 (6mil+ youths are unemployed) further supports my post above.

My post above:
1693734462510.png

There are 96mil youths in China. ~33mil are looking for a job, the remaining ~63mil are studying. Only 33mil is considered part of the labor force.

20% youth unemployment = 20%*33mil=6.6mil > 6mil+ youths are unemployed.

Err no.

’16-24岁很多是在校学生‘ means many of those aged 16-24 are studying, which is true. They didn't say that they include those who are studying in their unemployed figures; they just don't include them in the labor force which is the same practice in other countries. You don't include students, housewives, retirees etc in your labor force and thus unemployment figures.

In fact, your post 青年人当中失业的总共600多万 (6mil+ youths are unemployed) further supports my post above.

My post above:
View attachment 950686

There are 96mil youths in China. ~33mil are looking for a job, the remaining ~63mil are studying. Only 33mil is considered part of the labor force.

Read again, it definitely means they are included, otherwise this whole government statement becomes meaningless

_20230903171406-png.950684

Read again, it definitely means they are included, otherwise this whole government statement becomes meaningless

Rebut me quote by quote then:

Where did they say that ~63mil youths are included in the labor force figures?

According to your logic, only 20% of youths at that age are studying? Lmao.

Rebut me quote by quote then.

Where did they say that ~63mil youths are included in the labor force firgures?

According to your logic, only 20% of youths at that age are studying? Lmao.
Just go by the official statement by the the state department. they say what they mean.

Exactly which quote?

Elaborate why is it meaningless?
We Chinese will definitely understand what Chinese words and sentences mean, maybe you Singaporeans don't, you should brush up on your Chinese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom