What's new

China reports big data miss in July, stops releasing youth unemployment numbers

The reason given translated "The release of urban surveyed unemployment rates by age groups such as young people will be suspended. The main reasons are: the economy and society are constantly developing and changing, statistical work needs to be continuously improved, and labor force survey statistics also need to be further improved and optimized."

I guess what that mean is that there are differences in way the statistic is calculated and reported.

it would probably not deem necessary to review or revise if it has not been hype up so much in western media.

Yeah, right. You really believe that?

You can use that line of reasoning to hide all ugly numbers then, just like how there were zero Covid deaths until China stopped reporting it to 'optimize statistical work'.

You can use that line of reasoning to hide all ugly numbers then, just like how there were zero Covid deaths until China stopped reporting it to 'optimize statistical work'.
u know its bullshit when they start using indian favorite bureaucratic lingo like “optimized”

Japan Otaku. The otaku leech parent until parent die.

Then they leach on parent bequeath. When there is nothing left, the otaku commit suicide.

A society cannot ask children NOT TO STUDY and have happy childhood. They will be useless when grow up. A society should give respectable salary to menial worker, fully representing the hardship and labor. They should not mass import foreigners.

The elites NEVER learn.

Yes, I really believe that. Even if it is not true, I don't believe that statistics is really that important. Finding job for new graduate has always been an issue in China, since way before the pandemics, blowing it out of proportion is strange.

see none of u understand

statistics is bad cuz it gives ammo to foreign propaganda

so it must be removed

View attachment 946094
but here u can see picture of uyghur train station instead

statistics? Unemployment number? lol , your shit hole can't even count how many people on a train~

3981b816985482f411dbeb015d7b0454.jpg

Bad news about China was never absent in recent 30 years. Youth unemployment number itself is ridiculous. It's too random

statistics? Unemployment number? lol , your shit hole can't even count how many people on a train~

3981b816985482f411dbeb015d7b0454.jpg

Are you making fun of bangladeshis? Here's the origin of this image, in 2010.

As predicted. 😜😜
West world and Indians have been predicting China's fall and India rise for decades. I can predict that the same people will still make same prediction 10 years later.

Last edited:
West world and Indians have been predicting China's fall and India rise for decades. I canpredict that the same people will still make same prediction 10 years later.
As predicted, like a keyboard bot you didn't even read what my prediction was and declared a win.

That was the prediction about the bots like you.

As predicted, like a keyboard bot you didn't even read what my prediction was and declared a win.

That was the prediction about the bots like you.
What I saw is, westerners and Indians never changed. You have been repeating same prediction till today, regardless how your faces were slapped by realities again and again. Am I right? This thread is just one case among millions of China down preditions in recent decades.

You really are a bot. What was my prediction?

Bots don't read the reponses, they just keep typing what are trained to.
Oh do your really feel it is too abrupt if Chinese don't buy your repeatedly proven wrong "China down" news?

BEIJING — China reported July data that broadly missed expectations. The National Bureau of Statistics report also did not include the unemployment figure for young people, which has soared to record highs in recent months.

Retail sales rose by 2.5% in July from a year ago, below expectations for a 4.5% increase, according to analysts polled by Reuters.

Industrial production rose by 3.7% in July from a year ago, below the 4.4% increase analysts had expected.

Fixed asset investment rose by 3.4% for the first seven months of the year from a year ago, below the 3.8% forecast by the Reuters poll.

The urban unemployment rate ticked up to 5.3% in July from 5.2% in June.

Contrary to prior reports, the latest release did not break down unemployment by age. The age 16 to 24 category has seen unemployment far above the overall jobless rate, reaching a record high of 21.3% in June.

A spokesperson for the National Bureau of Statistics said the bureau is suspending the youth unemployment number release due to economic and social changes, and is reassessing its methodology.

Youth unemployments in China is high not due to paucity if jobs and definitely nothing to do with cancelled Walmart orders. They just made too many youth

Back
Top Bottom