What's new

International Mod for BD forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a practical problem, unlike India, Pakistan, China, etc., BD section doesn't have subsections, and that's logical as there are only a handful of BD members here and a few threads are opened in this section. Now if you restrict the BD section ONLY for defence related threads, then I doubt if you would get more than two threads a year in BD section. So just let it be as it is, but yes, racial insults and/or derogatory comments from all sides should be curbed.

But...but....my posts in BD section are mostly educational....these posts always spark intelligent (idune & munshi level) conversation and reveals unknown facts about Bangladesh. For example, just yesterday it was revealed through an intelligent conversation that half of the Bangladeshis are direct descendents of Ghenghis Khan, and the other half are direct descendents of Mohammad Ghori.......undoubtedly BD section has been very educational for me too...:)

@Anubis is the one who is a spoilsport here:pissed: such a sensible member should be automatically disqualified to be a BD member, can we just ban him from BD section? Add @SHK and couple other guys in the list, I don't remember the user ids' correctly, persona_non_grata and Mohammad Khalid maybe......they should also be disqualified to be BD members for the same reason. :pissed:

Suggesting @BDforever 's name as a mod is like suggesting a jolly good bachelor guy to get married. :P

@BDforever Hinduguy called you 'dumb'.........in fact 'too dumb'...!! :D
time to take responsibility @BDforever .... you can still post cat pics.. nobody will take that right from you.... :)

@kobiraaz @Rain Man
It is not that i have not understood that dilemma of having no sub section for BD, but for that only the idea is to first collate everything non defence in Central and South Asia and finally divide it into multiple sub section based on countries like India, BD, etc and rest in general when you click and see Central and South Asia section.

At present the number of posters of BD are limited and their threads are also limited. The idea is to encourage them and see more participation in wide topics and take this section as well as posters as serious assets.

You can check with Wajsal, i have even requested for a proper stickies for Sri Lanka so that we can use that to collate all news items, discussions and encourage more users from Sri Lanka here as well.

A demand for a legitimate sub section can be there as and when the management side sees a justifiable approach and backed by good solid number of threads and quality posters.

I dont know about resident mod aspect bcz thats purely management prerogative. But i do understand that the passionate BD folks can contribute much better. yes you will face serious trollers but i still believe you folks are under-utlising your potential by a humongous margin.

I would advocate to see Indian Def Section bcz i can say about that only. In last couple of months, we have tried streamlining everything related to def only there and all other news items moved out. Look at threads of @anant_s for railways and a new thread by @Ankit Kumar 002 on roads and infra in Central and South Asia stickies ,which we wish to populate and make it a proper threads over time. Look at Indian section sticky threads where every month 5-6 news items are now purely in sticky . all this removes unnecessary repetitive discussions and clutter.

The amount of trolling is now reduced a lot bcz most posters now dont quote any troll or flame baited posts.. Few ones who indulge also are clearly told that by every other member and they learn to avoid all this. Its ultimately a joint effort to keep a section relevant and clean.

@kobiraaz
I can assure you, if you folks can populate and make good number of threads with quality posts under Central and South Asia section, we can justify the need of a special sub section with Central and South Asia. Its upto you and your fellow BD folks to rise up and do it. I am sure ppl wont like that so they will pull you folks down. SO again its a joint effort of all BD ppl to avoid that situation and lead to a better representation for a proper new sub section request

@kobiraaz @Rain Man
It is not that i have not understood that dilemma of having no sub section for BD, but for that only the idea is to first collate everything non defence in Central and South Asia and finally divide it into multiple sub section based on countries like India, BD, etc and rest in general when you click and see Central and South Asia section.

At present the number of posters of BD are limited and their threads are also limited. The idea is to encourage them and see more participation in wide topics and take this section as well as posters as serious assets.

You can check with Wajsal, i have even requested for a proper stickies for Sri Lanka so that we can use that to collate all news items, discussions and encourage more users from Sri Lanka here as well.

A demand for a legitimate sub section can be there as and when the management side sees a justifiable approach and backed by good solid number of threads and quality posters.

I dont know about resident mod aspect bcz thats purely management prerogative. But i do understand that the passionate BD folks can contribute much better. yes you will face serious trollers but i still believe you folks are under-utlising your potential by a humongous margin.

I would advocate to see Indian Def Section bcz i can say about that only. In last couple of months, we have tried streamlining everything related to def only there and all other news items moved out. Look at threads of @anant_s for railways and a new thread by @Ankit Kumar 002 on roads and infra in Central and South Asia stickies ,which we wish to populate and make it a proper threads over time. Look at Indian section sticky threads where every month 5-6 news items are now purely in sticky . all this removes unnecessary repetitive discussions and clutter.

The amount of trolling is now reduced a lot bcz most posters now dont quote any troll or flame baited posts.. Few ones who indulge also are clearly told that by every other member and they learn to avoid all this. Its ultimately a joint effort to keep a section relevant and clean.

@kobiraaz
I can assure you, if you folks can populate and make good number of threads with quality posts under Central and South Asia section, we can justify the need of a special sub section with Central and South Asia. Its upto you and your fellow BD folks to rise up and do it. I am sure ppl wont like that so they will pull you folks down. SO again its a joint effort of all BD ppl to avoid that situation and lead to a better representation for a proper new sub section request

One side of me really appreciate the efforts you are giving to make BD section a serious section. And I also do think that a check is needed on foul language and personal/racial comments, for members of all nationalities.

But the other side of me would miss Munshi's 'RAW agents stole my commode' and idune's '3 zillion RAW agents in BD' kind of threads. :(

But the other side of me would miss Munshi's 'RAW agents stole my commode' and idune's '3 zillion RAW agents in BD' kind of threads.

You think they will stop.. Most probably we will see them shifted to members section for entertainment value part. But yes rest BD folks can build a decent section without these kind of threads for sure.

That is @Ankit Kumar 002 thread!
but i think a deeper message on what @PARIKRAMA (& to a larger extent @waz @WAJsal and other administration staff) have been saying is that quality of forum depends on what we post and if we are ready to follow simple rules of forum, this isn't a big task.
A lot of good things are happening in Bangladesh and economy is rapidly growing. So there is a lot of good stuff members can post from nation, maybe request for a few stickies on South East Asia forum.
Trolling on every sub forum is quite evident, but my four years of experience here at pdf tells that most often it is best not to engage troller rather report and move on. eventually quality of a thread depends on what kind of information or constructive contribution one can make rather than damage done by those who litter.

@Loki I suppose you were International moderator at some point of time. Why don't you take responsibility again?

I miss @kalu_miah too. This fella used to come with brilliant staffs sometimes.

https://defence.pk/threads/how-to-respond-to-indian-false-propaganda.168443/

That's a gem of a thread :p:

The BD section is comparatively small. I do not see much reason to assign a mod for that. The current set up will do nicely. There are always those unruly members. From my experience, the ones that do a lot of the cussing are usually the trouble-makers.

I was mod before, yes. But my career, it's demands for self-development and a married life, I can't give the time here. A lot of whiners here too.

I agree with @kobiraaz .

For bd forum we need an Admin , I mean mod. Please accept the request. @WebMaster .

We want to make bd forum more glorious.

Regards.

I agree with @kobiraaz .

For bd forum we need an Admin , I mean mod. Please accept the request. @WebMaster .

We want to make bd forum more glorious.

Regards.

I was mod before, yes. But my career, it's demands for self-development and a married life, I can't give the time here. A lot of whiners here too.

I feel sorry for the girl:angel:

Abbey where is my Biryaani and ras malaai :disagree:

Nikah Mubarak :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom