What's new

Beautiful Rajshahi city of Bangladesh.

The better proponents of Murshidabad and Gour moved to Rajshahi along with Bogra, so you can see the difference. But this city is dull in terms of entertainment and industrialization. Should do more there.

Rajshahi is supposed to get its own large SEZ completed in 2019. They are in land acquisition phase now.

That town in quite famous for agricultural produce (mangoes) and sericulture, or Rajshahi Silk (the Bangladesh Sericulture Board HQ is located in the city).

Guy has a western passport, we don't :D
But they feel more insecure visiting a muslim country for fear of being targeted by Muslim extremist groups.We have easier visa rule for SAARC countries.And as a member of SAARC, Pakistanis can easily visit Bangladesh.I assure you, vast majority people will be genuinely welcoming.Even if you come across someone who has negativity for Pakistan due to 1971, he is not likely to express it in anyway which may make you upset.They are not so fool that they will consider current Pakistani people have anything to do about what Pakistani leadership had done 46 years ago.

More beautiful pics please..

Guys tell me one thing honestly, if I visit Bangladesh, which city should I pick (from the perspective of natural beauty and forests in surrounding areas) and will I be tolerated well being a Pakistani?

To find terrain unlike Pakistan, you can visit Sylhet. But this place is not cheap ($300 plus a night). It is an award winning resort however.

http://www.dusairesorts.com/photo-gallery

You can also visit the submerged terrain areas, parks and waterfalls close by,

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/bangladesh/sylhet-division#tours

Rajshahi is supposed to get its own large SEZ completed in 2019. They are in land acquisition phase now.

That town in quite famous for agricultural produce (mangoes) and sericulture, or Rajshahi Silk (the Bangladesh Sericulture Board HQ is located in the city).

I forgot to mention, Rajshahi is meant to get its own Silicon City site. Considering its large educational and research base locally, this will be a very appropriate addition.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silicon-City.jpg

Construction work of much-awaited Bangabandhu Silicon City was kicked off at Haragram-Nabinagar area of Rajshahi city.

State Minister for Information and Communication Technology Zunaid Ahmed Palak inaugurated the construction of roads of the silicon city on Friday.
After the inaugural event, the state minister told the media: “Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina promised to set up a high-tech park in the city at a meeting at Rajshahi Madrssa ground on November 24, 2011.

“Following her promise, the government is now establishing this high-tech park on 31.63 acres of land with a cost of Tk281.19 crore. The construction that started today, the structural development works will be completed within next three years.”

“There are around one lakh students in Rajshahi. They would be able to get trained here. Investors in the technology sector have already promised to invest. Huge employment opportunity will be created once the silicon city is established,” he added.

Bangladesh High-Tech Park Authority’s Public Relations Officer Golam Kibria said in this project the government is contributing Tk238.25 crore while the rest Tk43.19 crore will be provided by the World Bank. The project includes a 5-storied and 62,000 square feet IT Incubator cum Training Centre.

Awami League President and former city mayor AHM Khayruzzaman Liton, lawmaker Ayen Uddin, Bangladesh High-Tech Park Authority’s Managing Director Hosne Ara Begum and city AL General Secretary Dablu Sarker attended the inaugural event as special guests with Rajshahi Deputy Commissioner Kazi Ashrafuddin Ahmed in the chair.

Some more renders below of planned site,
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

c16.jpg

c0015.jpg

cam-004a-2.jpg

Cam-0002.jpg

But they feel more insecure visiting a muslim country for fear of being targeted by Muslim extremist groups.We have easier visa rule for SAARC countries.And as a member of SAARC, Pakistanis can easily visit Bangladesh.I assure you, vast majority people will be genuinely welcoming.Even if you come across someone who has negativity for Pakistan due to 1971, he is not likely to express it in anyway which may make you upset.They are not so fool that they will consider current Pakistani people have anything to do about what Pakistani leadership had done 46 years ago.
Unless PK take care of the terrorism $hit, they will always find it hard to secure visa for BD

I have been to Rajshahi. The city has huge potential, be it tourism or industrialization. I forgot the name of an area near the bank of Padma River, they have a large Oak tree there and a nearby village of boatmen, pretty amazing!

Back
Top Bottom