What's new

Interesting Facts About Pakistan That The World Needs To Know

I think the record for largest no. of ambulances is to be from a single private institution.
Even than USA has a such an institution too...South Africa and Australia are also boasting somewhat same...

Wrong facts.

This is a little problematic...seem to get more hits than Edhi:

Wrong selection of words, Not Private Ambulance Services but in category of Charity base ambulance service Edhi is no. 1 hands down

2. Pakistan is the Home for Largest Irrigation System of the World
10. Pakistan is the largest producer of Chickpeas

I guess India is many time larger than Pakistan in these 2 fields.

thanks for this excellent thread, but...

2. Pakistan is the Home for Largest Irrigation System of the World

Source

as far as i know, it was the former libyan jamahiriya which had the largest water delivery system in history... it is called the "great man-made river project".

from ( Libya’s “Water Wars” and Gaddafi`s Great Man-Made River Project | Global Research )...
The ‘rivers’ are a 4000-kilometer network of 4 meters diameter lined concrete pipes, buried below the desert sands to prevent evaporation. There are 1300 wells, 500,000 sections of pipe, 3700 kilometers of haul roads, and 250 million cubic meters of excavation. All material for the project was locally manufactured. Large reservoirs provide storage, and pumping stations control the flow into the cities.

pipe.jpg

from ( How Gaddafi’s Great Man-Made River Project became part of Water Wars - English pravda.ru )...
In 1999, UNESCO accepted Libya's offer to fund the Great Man-Made River International Water Prize, an award that rewards remarkable scientific research work on water usage in arid areas.

from ( GMR (Great Man-Made River) Water Supply Project - Water Technology )...
On 22 July 2011 Nato warplanes attacked a pipe making plant at Brega killing six of the facility's security guards. Nato claimed that the building had been used as a military storage facility and rockets were launched from there by pro-Gadaffi troops.

The attack came shortly after Libya warned that Nato-led air strikes could cause a "human and environmental disaster" if air strikes damaged the Great Man-Made River project. Reports indicate that damage to infrastructure was not serious enough to completely stop the river from running.

for more, ( GGMR1 ).

Oay shakki damagh appreciate a good gesture ...I know 50% of these are true without the links!

Not sure of the other 50% :angel:
Apart from the fact that point no. 4 is not true. Highest paved International road is Sino-Nepal Friendship Highway.

Wrong facts.

Wrong selection of words, Not Private Ambulance Services but in category of Charity base ambulance service Edhi is no. 1 hands down

I guess India is many time larger than Pakistan in these 2 fields.
Right w.r.t point 10. According to wiki, India produces more than 10 times chickpea than that of Pakistan.

@45'22' : Gwadar is not the largest deep sea port. If having more acreage makes it largest then, its a technicality.

The judge in the picture doesn't look 20. :P :D

Pakistanis should be genuinely proud of the rest.

@45'22' : Gwadar is not the largest deep sea port. If having more acreage makes it largest then, its a technicality.

The judge in the picture doesn't look 20. :P :D

Pakistanis should be genuinely proud of the rest.
He was 20 when he passed the test and became one ...No one stays 20 for the rest of his life!

Thanks @45'22' appreciate your gesture.

Pakistan has largest irrigation system (Courtesy British).

National Anthem and Civil Judge I am not sure :undecided:, but our national anthem sounds good when it is being sung, perfectly rhymed and meaningful (at least for me) :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom