What's new

Inherited Professionalism.

can i ask a question top gun wat is that ?
why pakistani go there ? learing which kind ok tactisc ?^^
ps i see the movie of top gun where tom criuse lol

I didn't get one thing. As per Wiki the program was initiated in 1969 while this certificate was awarded in 1961. Can someone please clarify, I know I must be missing something here.

From wiki...
"TOPGUN is the popular name of the United States Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor (SFTI) program. SFTI is the modern-day evolution of the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School which was originally established on March 3rd, 1969 at the former Miramar Naval Air Station in California[1] and carries out the same specialized fighter training as NFWS had from 1969 until 1996, when it was merged into the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center at NAS Fallon, Nevada."

I didn't get one thing. As per Wiki the program was initiated in 1969 while this certificate was awarded in 1961. Can someone please clarify, I know I must be missing something here.

From wiki...
"TOPGUN is the popular name of the United States Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor (SFTI) program. SFTI is the modern-day evolution of the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School which was originally established on March 3rd, 1969 at the former Miramar Naval Air Station in California[1] and carries out the same specialized fighter training as NFWS had from 1969 until 1996, when it was merged into the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center at NAS Fallon, Nevada."

Hmm... ????

From wiki...

Th one you read and quoted is the naval one, see the certificate, its signed by the USAF Officers, so read the USAF United States Air Force Weapons School.

It was functional from late 40s.

Th one you read and quoted is the naval one, see the certificate, its signed by the USAF Officers, so read the USAF United States Air Force Weapons School.

It was functional from late 40s.

Thanks for the clarification!

Saif-ul-Azam at Sargodha Air Base. A line-up of F-6s can be seen the background.

Saif-ul-Azam, serving as Flight Commander at Sargodha Air Base, in front of F-6 with other pilots.

Last edited:
Too bad, Saiful Azam changed his allegiance to BAF after 1971. So he retired as an officer from BAF, not PAF and Bangladeshi cadets got the invaluable opportunity to learn from this amazing pilot. Oh, and do you guys know that he is the highest scoring "Muslim" pilot of all time against the Israeli Air Force.

Too bad, Saiful Azam changed his allegiance to BAF after 1971. So he retired as an officer from BAF, not PAF and Bangladeshi cadets got the invaluable opportunity to learn from this amazing pilot. Oh, and do you guys know that he is the highest scoring "Muslim" pilot of all time against the Israeli Air Force.
Yeah too bad PAF could not fly a single jet after he left.PAF was left with no leadership..We needed lessons from BAF how to fly fighter jets :rofl: .I guess he was born with excellent pilot skills and PAF Excellent Professional Training had nothing to do with it.By the way it's a pity that Flight Lieutenant Saif-ul-Azam retired as a Group Captain in BAF.He would have at least reached one star in PAF like MM ALAM.Today PAF cannot fight because we don't have Saif-ul-Azam..:rofl:.You're a joker.

Highest scoring "Muslim" indeed...and you may choose to ignore it, but also the highest scoring PAKISTANI AIR FORCE GENERAL DUTY PILOT against the Israeli Air Force. Does the BD AF take credit for that?

He may disagree with the actions taken by the Pakistani leadership, but still shows up for reunions etc. in Pakistan....

Stop being parochial....do not start that line here....it will get you nowhere....

Last edited:
Top Gun refers to the best pilot in that particular course.. the US navy just adopted the term for a little panache for their school.. which is formally known as Naval fighter weapons school.. top gun.. is a moniker that stuck.

Back
Top Bottom