What's new

Indigenous aircraft carrier IAC-3 and IAC-4

well 5 carriers are way too expensive,
Its good if we have them, but a carrier needs subs,frigates, destroyers, more over committed for is own.
Its better to have 3-4 and invest remaining for subs as we know we will be spending too much

first 3 krivakIII and other 3 krivakIV (upgraded krivak3 with stealth features)
3 are already in service ... while other 3 are under construction in russia.... thats what i know .....

Sorry dude, my mistake. I thought they were talking about carriers.

Sorry dude, my mistake. I thought they were talking about carriers.

ohh ho no problem Kinetic paaji !!! ALL IIIJJ WELL....
3-idiots-wallpapers-photos-pictures-image-9164720484b0e5fbf6f88c7.25073700.jpg

I think some of you guys are getting over optimistic about all this .

While it is true that india will built 4 carriers but do you actually know the time frame , ie when these 4 carrier will be in service , if you ask me , then it will be some where around 2030-35

now what we can defintely expect is that india will be operating 3 carriers by 2022-25 when the navy size is expected to increase to 160 ships and 20 subs from its present position of 140 ships and 15 subs

However one thing is for sure , IAC 3 will not be a 65000ton nuclear powered CATOBAR aircraft carrier which most of you are hoping for , it will be an extension of the design of the IAC 1 and as per our navy chief , 1.it will be a Mid size conventional diesal powered carrier displacing 50000 ton, operating 40 Aircraft and incorporating an 2.electronic catapult for launching fighters and AWAC

As per bolded part No 1.
The navy chief said it will be a carrier displacing over 50000 tonnes.
and 2nd -

Electronic catapult is for CATOBAR operations only. This is a modern technique which replaces the earlier steam catapult as seen USN supercarriers. The 2nd IAC might go CATOBAR and there is possibility.

Back
Top Bottom