What's new

Indigenous aircraft carrier IAC-3 and IAC-4

I thought it was 3 carriers..can you give us the link please..

Enough of AC for now.

We need atleast 30 submarines.

- Govt. should give follow on order for 4 scorpene submarines as we already have infrastructure for it in place.

- We should urgently purchase 10 German submarines.

- Then we should have 3 SSBN and 3 SSGNs.

But the fools and old sitting in govt. are compromising national security.

These fools thinks we can progress without defense. But economic progress and peace can't be there unless we have enough deterrence.

as per govt

iac 1 is under cons

iac 2 order will be given only after iac 1 has major cons completion.

as per mod they need 2 carriers active as one is in need of repairs

as per iac3,iac4 they may be nuclear but no plans before 2020

Actually I read somewhere that after KSL launches IAC-1, they will start work on IAC-2.

Do we really need so many carriers ? :what:

More we can afford, better for us. Carriers are powerful tool but they need other ships as well to build a proper CBG. As of 2020 three carriers will be enough.

A strong source says that IAC-1 is not going to come before 2015..... After that they are going to evaluate it and find its efficiency then only IAC-2. Take another 2 years for evaluation. I will not be surprised to see only 2 carriers in 2015-2020.

plans are the only plans for GOI:hitwall:.How many we need n how many we get is all the time ll tell.3 carriers are indeed a need of today bt by the time they started floating,scenario and needs ll change.So perhaps no specified numbers can be guessed as of now.But hope IAC1 -2 an Gorshkhov enters service by the time we need em the most :undecided:

More we can afford, better for us. Carriers are powerful tool but they need other ships as well to build a proper CBG. As of 2020 three carriers will be enough.

can more a/c carriers indirectly lead to induction of more destroyers , frigates and subs ????

can more a/c carriers indirectly lead to induction of more destroyers , frigates and subs ????

Ideally yes, AC itself cannot be of much use, it needs support from subs, destroyers, frigates etc to form a Battle group.

how many talwar class frigates will be inducted in total ?? i heard some rumors of 3 more comin ie 6 + 3 more .... is it true ??

planned for six in total, three are active an d three are in building docks.

Correct me if wrong.

You are rite! Apart from building a CBG we also need DDGs and FFGs for defensive and offensive capabilities as well like amphibious warfare.

d14gtc

planned for six in total, three are active an d three are in building docks.

Correct me if wrong.

Its not six for sure but most probably four!!! Three are in active service/patrolling while one is under repair or servicing. During war time all four would be ready.

Its not six for sure but most probably four!!! Three are in active service/patrolling while one is under repair or servicing. During war time all four would be ready.

first 3 krivakIII and other 3 krivakIV (upgraded krivak3 with stealth features)
3 are already in service ... while other 3 are under construction in russia.... thats what i know .....

I think some of you guys are getting over optimistic about all this .

While it is true that india will built 4 carriers but do you actually know the time frame , ie when these 4 carrier will be in service , if you ask me , then it will be some where around 2030-35

now what we can defintely expect is that india will be operating 3 carriers by 2022-25 when the navy size is expected to increase to 160 ships and 20 subs from its present position of 140 ships and 15 subs

However one thing is for sure , IAC 2 AND IAC3 will not be a 65000ton nuclear powered CATOBAR aircraft carrier which most of you are hoping for , it will be an extension of the design of the IAC 1 and as per our navy chief , it will be a Mid size conventional diesal powered CATOBAR CARRIER( Similar in size to French Charles De Gaule , but without nuclear propulsion) displacing 50000 ton, operating 40 Aircraft and incorporating an electronic catapult for launching fighters(F35 C or Rafale) and AWACs

Last edited:
Name Builder Commissioned Status
INS Talwar (F40) Baltiysky Zavod 18 June 2003 Active
INS Trishul (F43) Baltiysky Zavod 25 June 2003 Active
INS Tabar (F44) Baltiysky Zavod 19 April 2004 Active
INS Teg (F45) [5]Yantar Expected in 2011 Launched on 27 Nov, 2009[6]
INS Tarkash (F46) Yantar Expected in 2011 Launched on 23 Jun, 2010[7]
INS Trikand (F50) Yantar Expected in 2012[8] Under construction
:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom