What's new

India’s S-400 Air Defence and balance of power in South Asia

No technology can fix issues araising from fundamental incompetence. Indians' biggest shortcoming is lack of imaginations which S-400 is not going to fix. It is a placebo at best.

If tt was true then after 4-5 wars... siachen,and J & K is not part of iNdia (Currently). Also, 1971 war results could never come.

In Indian history after 1947, India lost a war against China in 1962....(Compare to more capable enemy).

Such is the case with all disruptive technologies. Suddenly you realize that the whole game has changed.

Swarms will be the future, I have attended a few of conferences and know which directions it is headed.

In the past the enabling technologies were not mature enough which is not the case now. Kids on there simple PCs are working on AI application that were a dream 20 years ago. Robust mesh network are a thing now. So suddenly you find yourself with building blocks that can completely turn the game on its head.

I will give you 2 examples. One recent and 1 from almost 40 years ago where drone saturation neutralized big IADS and these were rudimentary drones with smart deployment, not AI & mesh network enabled smart swarms:

- recent drone saturation strike on oil facilities in Middle East which neutralized some of the most advanced IADS systems in the world

- Israel’s use of drones to neutralize very advance (for its time) layered air Defence systems of Syria in 1982 provided by Soviet Union

I already said that any missile defence system does not give 100% guaranty that you are safe.

But, during the tense or war situation.. Cat and mouse kind of situation happens... example in 1971, ghazi submarine was looking for INS Vikrant to sink but it was well planned by indian navy (Spread false info about Vikrant location) and it was already moved to other location.

It would not be easy to anyone to locate these missile defense systems during the high tense time. Also, it happens both way.... One way, you will try to figer out location of these Missile defence systems and other way, there will be a good chance that your drone and cruise missile movement activity is already being monitor and they will have all informations about your all movements and before, you will try to neutralize might be you already boomed.

India and Pak senorio, A single small missile attack on any city will lead to full scale of WAR.

Last edited:
It was true then after 4-5 wars... siachen,and J & K is not part of iNdia. Also, 1971 war results will never come.

In Indian history, India had a lost a war against China in 1962....(Compare to more capable enemy).

I already said that any missile defence system does not give 100% guaranty that you are safe.

But, during the tense or war situation.. Cat and mouse kind of situation happens... example in 1971, ghazi submarine was looking for INS Vikrant to sink but it was well planned by indian navy (Spread false info about Vikrant location) and it was already moved to other location.

It would not be easy to anyone to locate these missile defense systems during the high tense time. Also, it happens both way.... One way, you will try to figer out location of these Missile defence systems and other way, there is must be good chance that your drone and cruise missile movement is being monitor and they will have your all movement information and before, you will try to neutralize might be you already boomed.

India and Pak senorio, A single small missile attack on any city will lead to full scale of WAR.

See, like I said before. You are talking about the whole possible maneuver and counter maneuver. That’s a whole different discussion and would be the case with all systems.

Here the discussion is focused and limited to the viable options against S400.

There are armchair generals on both sides, I'm merely pointing out the fallacy in such a line of thinking.

Posters from both sides who assume a win from the get go offer no input to the discussion. It's only a fight between who's nationalism is "bigger"

Feb incident was a learning lesson for both sides, but to extrapolate war scenarios from skirmish will give you either incorrect or skewed data, that's why I pointed towards senior members whose military acumen is without question, their posts are quantitative and qualitative.

The incident in February is a real time scenario of how poorly trained individuals can make mistakes with sophisticated air defense systems. Just as the incident that happened in Iran a few days ago.. You can extrapolate war scenarios from that particular incident because there is no large scale military conflict that has utilized these systems yet.

Either way, you are right Pakistan should never under estimate a foe like India. It is a tinder box waiting to blow.

Back
Top Bottom