What's new

India's "great afghan hope" quietly fading away

It is Pakistan which diverted terrorism they had created to be used against Russia towards India. They were successful in killing some people but could not degrade India as a country. However india emerged as even stronger. On the other hand Pakistan could not control her own snakes and thousands of Pakistanis died and today pakistan is among the top ten of failed states. This is the net result of Pakistan's policy to use Proxies as the state instruments.

They are who they were and are part history. The French and Germans had it worse in history. India and Afghanistan friendship in contemporary time does not date back to since the fall of Taliban but goes back as far back as Pakistan's friendship and strategic relation with any country you may name.

LONG LIVE OUR FRIENDSHIP

You are right in a sense that Afghan-Indian relationship goes way back and its something that we should try to cement further but we as Afghans need to be mindful of Pakistani concerns. Folks on the Afghan side sometime underestimate the complexity of India-Pakistan relationship and how hostile they can be to each other. Rubbing how strong (Afghan-Indian) relationship on the face Pakistanis will do us more harm than good.

They are who they were and are part history. The French and Germans had it worse in history. India and Afghanistan friendship in contemporary time does not date back to since the fall of Taliban but goes back as far back as Pakistan's friendship and strategic relation with any country you may name.

LONG LIVE OUR FRIENDSHIP
Indeed.
It is unfortunate that a rentier state like Pakistan exists as Afghans neighbour, Pakistan has tried its best to ensure that Afghan people live under the shadow of terrorism and warlordism.

One hopes that Afghanistan becomes a stable and prosperous country soon. The good people of Afghanistan deserve much much better. I have positive hopes that Afghanistan will become better with the passage of time.

It is Pakistan which diverted terrorism they had created to be used against Russia towards India. They were successful in killing some people but could not degrade India as a country. However india emerged as even stronger. On the other hand Pakistan could not control her own snakes and thousands of Pakistanis died and today pakistan is among the top ten of failed states. This is the net result of Pakistan's policy to use Proxies as the state instruments.

Failed states????????????..............this coming from someone of a nation who has at least 40% of the world's most severely poor and malnourished:

India has 40% of world's malnourished: Expert - Times of India

India 'the world's largest open air toilet' - Telegraph

Filthy India Photos, Chinese Netizen Reactions – chinaSMACK

If the above isn't a sign of failed nation than nothing is. Nearly half the indian race is dying of starvation or is
physically deformed because they never got enough nutrients in childhood. That is more than "failure". That shows that india is hell on earth. Yet indians on PDF are more concerned about Pakistan's economic figures and making Afghanistan powerful......lol.

Indeed.
It is unfortunate that a rentier state like Pakistan exists as Afghans neighbour, Pakistan has tried its best to ensure that Afghan people live under the shadow of terrorism and warlordism.

One hopes that Afghanistan becomes a stable and prosperous country soon. The good people of Afghanistan deserve much much better. I have positive hopes that Afghanistan will become better with the passage of time.

If Pakistan is such a bad place than why are millions of Afghans living in Pakistan and another million more want to come in. Risking life and limb to come to Pakistan. They are more than welcomed to go home or go to india. It would definitely improve the Pakistan economy and ease the strain on our national resources.

That doesn't explain or answer my post. Where in the above video did any Afghan admit that they are physically or culturally the same as indians? Nowhere. Like I said before the Afghans may love india, take your investment packages and aids but they would show their true side if you told them they were culturally and/or physically the same as indians. That is the point.

Pakistan and China are probably as close as 2 nations can be. They have a strong unbreakable bond between eachother. Yet no Pakistani or Chinese would ever say that Chinese and Pakistanis are the same people or culture.

You are right in a sense that Afghan-Indian relationship goes way back and its something that we should try to cement further but we as Afghans need to be mindful of Pakistani concerns. Folks on the Afghan side sometime underestimate the complexity of India-Pakistan relationship and how hostile they can be to each other. Rubbing how strong (Afghan-Indian) relationship on the face Pakistanis will do us more harm than good.
Let me ask you, what kind of relationship is that, when you have to take permissions from others to interact with someone else ? Are you that wary ?

Let me ask you, what kind of relationship is that, when you have to take permissions from others to interact with someone else ? Are you that wary ?

It does when there are millions of Afghans living in Pakistan. With countless many risking life and limb to come to Pakistan everyday. Not to mention the fact the Afghan nation relies on Pakistan for survival. When Pakistan sealed the Afghan border for a week, Karzai went begging to america and the UN to urge Pakistan to reopen the border. Arguing that if it continues there would be a starvation crises soon in Afghanistan. If the Afgans become too much of a headache for Pakistan then we'll deport them all and seal the border permanently. Pakistan's would not have to do anything else. Then we'll see what the fate of Afghanistan becomes. A handful of indian loving Afghan elite would watch there country starve to death without the inability to do anything about it.

It does when there are millions of Afghans living in Pakistan. With countless many risking life and limb to come to Pakistan everyday. Not to mention the fact the Afghan nation relies on Pakistan for survival. When Pakistan sealed the Afghan border for a week, Karzai went begging to america and the UN to urge Pakistan to reopen the border. Arguing that if it continues there would be a starvation crises soon in Afghanistan. If the Afgans become too much of a headache for Pakistan then we'll deport them all and seal the border permanently. Pakistan's would not have to do anything else. Then we'll see what the fate of Afghanistan becomes. A handful of indian loving Afghan elite would watch there country starve to death without the inability to do anything about it.

Afghans refugees in Pakistan, okay. I have seen many Pakistanis play that card. Well, that is your responsibility, isn't it ? Or will you now ask why ? Let's clear that out first, will move on to your next query then.

Try sweet talking the pakistanis here into not cheering for taliban. Let me know the results.

You are ignoring ground realities and worried about offending (that too unreasonably) a bunch of anaonymous pakistani posters?

Afghans refugees in Pakistan, okay. I have seen many Pakistanis play that card. Well, that is your responsibility, isn't it ? Or will you now ask why ? Let's clear that out first, will move on to your next query then.

You can never know. I just came back from Pakistan a little over a month ago and I can categorically say that there are WAY TOO MANY Afghans all over Pakistan. Millions of them. And they have no intention of going home. They are virtually in all the service jobs and own FAR TOO MUCH small businesses and property in Pakistan. Over half of them are unaccounted for. There are more Afghans here now than during the Soviet invasion. The Afghans in Pakistan speak of Pakistan as if it's there nation. They're taking all the jobs here and it makes my blood boil. What's equally disturbing is the passivity and hospitality of the indigenous Pakistani population in having the Afghans here. No one is doing anything about it and the Pakistan economy and demographics is suffering. From what the Afghans say, the living conditions and situation in Afghanistan is much worst now then during Soviet and Taliban times.

I sometimes wish that india could feed all Afghans always and fully develop Afgahanistan so they'd all go home.

You can never know. I just came back from Pakistan a little over a month ago and I can categorically say that there are WAY TOO MANY Afghans all over Pakistan. Millions of them. And they have no intention of going home. They are virtually in all the service jobs and own FAR TOO MUCH small businesses and property in Pakistan. Over half of them are unaccounted for. There are more Afghans here now than during the Soviet invasion. The Afghans in Pakistan speak of Pakistan as if it's there nation. They're taking all the jobs here and makes my blood boil. What's equally disturbing is the passivity and hospitality of the indigenous Pakistani population in having the Afghans here. No one is doing anything about it and the Pakistan economy and demographics is suffering. From what the Afghans say, the living conditions and situation in Afghanistan is much worst now then during Soviet and Taliban times.

I sometimes wish that india could feed all Afghans always and fully develop Afgahanistan so they'd all go home.
I wouldnt be surprised if 70% of them are unaccounted for. Do you realize, your leaders had created a channel, with nothing but a porous border standing in between. People will of course move towards places with better opportunities, that's natural.
Can you blame them for what they do ? What you are doing is a classic example of blaming it upon the effect, for the cause!

That doesn't explain or answer my post. Where in the above video did any Afghan admit that they are physically or culturally the same as indians? Nowhere. Like I said before the Afghans may love india, take your investment packages and aids but they would show their true side if you told them they were culturally and/or physically the same as indians. That is the point.

LOL so if I show you a video of afghan students doing bhangra, cultural exchanges and enjoying Indian culture, saying it reminds them of home....they will not be real Afghans according to you? Because there are tons of such videos on youtube. Just look up India afghan culture/dance/students/links etc...

Also listen to this chap (hope you understand hindi/urdu):

Afghans in Kolkata:

Unity through diversity....that has always been India...Afghans are no different for us...and they know it too.

Listen to the ending of:

"India feels like my country" says an Afghan.

Of course someone like you can never understand. You can only see differences and feel hate. Too bad.

Try sweet talking the pakistanis here into not cheering for taliban. Let me know the results.

You are ignoring ground realities and worried about offending (that too unreasonably) a bunch of anaonymous pakistani posters?

No, he is being honest and is fully aware of the ground realities. Despite what a handful of wealthy liberal indian loving Afghan elite want, Afghanistan relies too heavily on Pakistan for it's survival. Just ask the millions of Afghans living in Pakistan or the countless other Afghans risking life and limb to come to Pakistan everyday. Why did Karzai go crying to america and the UN when Pakistan sealed the Afghan/Pakistan border for a week warning of iminent starvation in Afghanistan ?

kabul is surrounded from all the sides the last area which was an escaping point for pro indian govt was kunduz and that too is blocked by afghan talibans i am seeing an assault will take place in near future on kabul city maybe withing a couple of months with 50000 fighters sorrounding it from all the sides their prime target will be american and indian workers and embassies and NDS headquarters GOD help the real muslims who are not siding with hindu kafirs Ameen

LOL so if I show you a video of afghan students doing bhangra, cultural exchanges and enjoying Indian culture, saying it reminds them of home....they will not be real Afghans according to you? Because there are tons of such videos on youtube. Just look up India afghan culture/dance/students/links etc...

Afghans in Kolkata:

Unity through diversity....that has always been India...Afghans are no different for us...and they know it too.

Listen to the ending of:

Of course someone like you can never understand. You can only see differences and feel hate. Too bad.

Okay, point taken. Right, now go ask an Afghan if they are physically and racially indian and see what their response would be.

Afghans in Kolkata:

Listen to the ending of:

ye like kabul resturant in islamabad , pindi , sialkot , gujranwala , karachi , quetta and scholarship for afghan students in all the unis of Pakistan baby you peeps are only inviting your chaddi buddies of farsi origin and they are not true afghans pushtoons will decide the fate of Afghanistan not the farsi tajiks or uzbeks

Back
Top Bottom