What's new

India's "great afghan hope" quietly fading away

What you on about.................feeling light headed or what............when did I ask and for what?
Nothing, PDF working slow Youtube Video not showing before. so I messaged you.

Do you know abt this incident before (clinton)?

After the US intervention in Afghanistan the Indians had very high hopes for directing militancy towards Pakistan via Afghanistan , by 2006 -2007 time frame Indians were having uncontrollable flatulence over the prospect of bringing Pakistan to its knees by directing militancy against Pakistan through the afghan border. Pakistan's border with Afghanistan was India's "great afghan hope" and it almost seemed the india's hope will materialize

Things however didn't quite go as India had planned , the enemy under estimated the resolve and will of the Pakistani Military to destroy the enemies of Pakistan.

The flow of funds coming into Afghanistan from the West , came to a stop as after 15 years of war the focus on the afghan war faded away.

India found itself in an awkward position , without western cover it saw its investment in Afghanistan going down the toilet. The fools among the afghans who had hoped that the american intervention , like the soviet intervention before , would somehow breath life into the ideas of their long dead forefathers , didn't quite materialize also and they are now left more bitter than before , perhaps waiting for the next super power to pull them out of their tombs.

The last acts of impotent violence , originating from Afghanistan and supported by India , came against the children of the Army Public school Peshawar , that was a last act of an impotent opponent who now was staring at nothing but defeat.

As the dust settled and the innocent children were laid to rest , one thing was clear

India's "great afghan hope" was all but gone , Pakistan not only eliminated Indian backed afghan terrorists from frontier but it also shattered India's dream of doing a 1971 on Pakistan once again

What followed was #56inch , but no matter what the writing on the wall for India is clear , it stands defeated in the afghan theater.

You had a long sleep and a nice dream, but it is now time to wake up.

Or saying that rape is not an issue in India because their metrics say otherwise.

You are a senior member of this forum. You should know better than to bring up irrelevant clap-trap like this. Pakistan's Hudood laws prevent rape from being proven in most cases. Thousands of women are in jail in Pakistan for alleging rape. You should know better than to trifle with things like this.

Nothing, PDF working slow Youtube Video not showing before. so I messaged you.

Do you know abt this incident before (clinton)?

Well just watched the two videos that you posted. To start with the first one is probably some ten year old's work of making a propaganda video, extremely poor quality...........and by the why where does she say "Pakistan is born beggar" or is it just something that Indians dream of?

The second one a video report from CBS, well thanks goodness atleast you didn't gave it the India treatment. So the only statement that I see in there that can be constructed as anti-Pakistan (although it actually isn't) is when she says that "Pakistan doesn't have to take this money"......apparently referring to the USAID money. Well that is true. Pakistan can take what it is offered or not take and to be fair Pakistan historically has done both. Taken money and let me add equipment offered to it at some points and rejected at others.

So let me ask again where is it exactly that she is saying that Pakistan is born beggar?

Well just watched the two videos that you posted. To start with the first one is probably some ten year old's work of making a propaganda video, extremely poor quality...........and by the why where does she say "Pakistan is born beggar" or is it just something that Indians dream of?

The second one a video report from CBS, well thanks goodness atleast you didn't gave it the India treatment. So the only statement that I see in there that can be constructed as anti-Pakistan (although it actually isn't) is when she says that "Pakistan doesn't have to take this money"......apparently referring to the USAID money. Well that is true. Pakistan can take what it is offered or not take and to be fair Pakistan historically has done both. Taken money and let me add equipment offered to it at some points and rejected at others.

So let me ask again where is it exactly that she is saying that Pakistan is born beggar?
I said only this "It was pakistan who was earning $$$ because of western forces in Afganistan, and made pakistan an Imp. member but after withdrawal how will pakistan beg (Means mangana) ?"
Every thing else is in Video.

I said only this "It was pakistan who was earning $$$ because of western forces in Afganistan, and made pakistan an Imp. member but after withdrawal how will pakistan beg (Means mangana) ?"
Every thing else is in Video.
I know the meaning of begging, you don't need to translate fro me.

I have already answered your query. Pakistan is an important country in it's own right, doesn't need to beg any one. and the Afghan conflict has brought nothing but destruction and foreign funded terrorists to Pakistan.
You can see the results already the more the foreign occupiers and their camp followers leave the better it gets for Pakistan and the Pakistani economy.
But it's not the same for India and it's assets.
What I am asking is............... what are you going to do about it.
Man up and send your forces to Afghanistan to help your assets and shore up your investment or let everything go to waste coz you don't have the balls for it.

Pakistan is an important country in it's own right, doesn't need to beg any one.

- Pakistani Finance Minister travels half the world to seek buyers for just $500 million worth of bonds offering 8%, about the same as "junk" bonds.

- Pakistan just received the latest tranche of approx $500 million as IMF bailout package so that it does not default on debt-servicing.

- Pakistan is seeking funding for CPEC by offering 18% sovereign guarantee.

If it looks bankrupt, talks bankrupt, then it must be....

I have already answered your query. Pakistan is an important country in it's own right, doesn't need to beg any one. and the Afghan conflict has brought nothing but destruction and foreign funded terrorists to Pakistan.
You can see the results already the more the foreign occupiers and their camp followers leave the better it gets for Pakistan and the Pakistani economy.
Man up and send your forces to Afghanistan to help your assets and shore up your investment or let everything go to waste coz you don't have the balls for it.
Feeding Terrorists is the Biggest mistake of Pakistan.
Today It is compensating its own deeds.

india is playing Very smart speaking as neutral, India will never do this mistake (direct interference), will achieve its all goals sitting outside always, Bytheway what India sends to them are nothig but junk Helis (overhauled before delivery), which gona retire soon.

- Pakistani Finance Minister travels half the world to seek buyers for just $500 million worth of bonds offering 8%, about the same as "junk" bonds.

- Pakistan just received the latest tranche of approx $500 million as IMF bailout package so that it does not default on debt-servicing.

8.25%

Real economic condition in this world of pakistan

Feeding Terrorists is the Biggest mistake of Pakistan.
It is compensating its on deeds.

india is playing Very smart speaking as nutral, India will never do this mistake (direct interferance), will achive its all goals sitting outside,
India isn't playing smart it's playing scared.
It jumped on the Western bandwagon, invested a lot in Afghanistan cultivating anti-Pakistan elements and now as the West is looking at the exits............. the Indian options have shrunk.
The Indian options boils down to either let all it's efforts of the past 15 years go to waste or man-up and go there itself.
Let's see what it does.

But then again I doubt any Indian can man up.
People wearing long skirts (lungi)........are just that skirt wearers .

It jumped on the Western bandwagon, invested a lot in Afghanistan cultivating anti-Pakistan elements and now as the West is looking at the exits............. the Indian options have shrunk.
The Indian options boils down to either let all it's efforts of the past 15 years go to waste or man-up and go there itself.
Let's see what it does.
You are missing one major thing
This is US money actually (Which pakistan getting in Aid) used by Pakistan to suport Taliban in Afghanistan, After US exist Taliban's pakistan funding will stop but India's funding will continue. This is better scenario for India (India actually wanted this). Also now US can openly come in support of India whereas more freely punish pakistan for its wrong policies. (Still pakistan feeding some GOOD terrorists )
Just Yesterday it was announced in American Parliament since after 2001 to 2014 US gave above 30 billion $ aid to pakistan.

Let's see what it does.

But aren't you assuming a lot here? Even if India has a diminished role to play in Afghanistan, its interests are still being served so long as Afghan government is at loggerheads with Pakistan. For example, the current government was quite accommodating towards Pakistan in the beginning. Only later, when ISI/Haqqani Network "special ops" showed no signs of abating, did the government in Kabul start confronting Islamabad.

India's gravest (and possibly only) concern is that Afghanistan should not become another staging ground/Jihad factory for pushing attackers into Kashmir and the rest of India. I don't see how that scenario changes in any way. Just because Islamabad claims that it controls the Afghan Taliban on a leash, does that mean that any government in Kabul will allow its territory to be used for nefarious activities against India? I don't think so.

All this triumphalism is a bit too confusing to me. Unless Pakistanis are anticipating that the government in Kabul will collapse altogether, how is its "strategic interests" served in any other way? Pakistan is welcome to meddle all it wants in Afghanistan, it is none of our concern unless the government in Kabul allows Afghan territory to be used against Indian interests. Can you elaborate as to how this is going to be so?

Let's see what it does.

But then again I doubt any Indian can man up.
People wearing long skirts (lungi)........are just that skirt wearers .

I don't think that NATO will ever leave. She has made permanent bases in Afghanistan and her Air force is willing to help the Kabul goverment indefinitely. Of course the pragmatic solution would be for a peace settlement between all the warring parties in Afghanistan. The Taliban cannot take over Kabul and the North and neither can Kabul dominate the Pashtun countryside.

Last edited:

Pakistan is bankrupt?????? So says the person who comes from the country that has 40% of the WORLD'S severely malnourished and wretched poor:

Shocker: India constitutes 40 percent of world's malnourished children

If bankruptcy means Pakistan does not have the above hell for our nation then I'd take bankruptcy each and every time. According to indians on PDF, india is going to surpass China and america in every field withon 5 years and make Afghanistan a major economic power on the way. The above article is indicitive of reality and indian fantasies.

To add, IMF had strongly suggested a devaluation in Pakistani currency while doing that. Outstanding debt is nearly 140B as of now.

Back
Top Bottom