What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

They feature 32 Barak-1 missiles in VLS units

Do you have any link? I thought there were only 16 (in 2 x 8-cell VLS modules).

Interesting pics from the Euronaval 2012 and some of these may find their way to IN:

Amur class subs (interestingly it seems they are not offered with Brahmos or AIP propulsion)

PA226040.JPG

PA226034.JPG

Scorpene (with the AIP module in front of it) and Andrasta sub in the background

PA226011.JPG

PA226012.JPG

I wonder if the Andrasta class wouldn't be the better choice for IN, instead of more Scorpene class subs. Similarly capabilities, only that these are designed for costal areas and with less range and endurrance, but at have the costs. So instead of 6 x additional Scorpenes that can go even into the Indian Ocean area, we could have 12 x Andrasta class subs, with for the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal. With the commonality it shouldn't be that difficult to build them in our productionline as well.

And some nice and advanced designs and concepts from DCNS (BRAVE class replenishment and support ship / PA2 carrier, notably with a UCAV on board / SMX 26 concept of a sub for shallow water areas, that can even drive on the underground)

PA226010.JPG

PA226009.JPG

dcns_smx_26-2.jpg

dcns_smx_26-4.jpg

Wow, amazing pics and info Sancho bhai...

I think the reason why Amur is not shown with PJ-10 is becoz this is an international
show and PJ-10 is available only for India and Russia as of now I think?

Any other foreign customer won't get access to the missile as yet so maybe thats
why they didn't show it here.

Wow, amazing pics and info Sancho bhai...

I think the reason why Amur is not shown with PJ-10 is becoz this is an international
show and PJ-10 is available only for India and Russia as of now I think?

Any other foreign customer won't get access to the missile as yet so maybe thats
why they didn't show it here.

That's not correct, Brahmos is an export missile that is on offer for other nations too. The problem for the sub launched version is only, that it is simply too big for most subs, however Amur class was earlier shown with Brahmos at defence shows, that's why I was surprised.

Btw, the carrier seems to be the offer of DCNS for Brazil, which wants to replace it's current CATOBAR carrier in future. It would be great if we would develop the carrier jointly with the French and the Brazilians, would definitely reduce costs and might reduce development time.

That's not correct, Brahmos is an export missile that is on offer for other nations too. The problem for the sub launched version is only, that it is simply too big for most subs, however Amur class was earlier shown with Brahmos at defence shows, that's why I was surprised.

Btw, the carrier seems to be the offer of DCNS for Brazil, which wants to replace it's current CATOBAR carrier in future. It would be great if we would develop the carrier jointly with the French and the Brazilians, would definitely reduce costs and might reduce development time.

Is that sub above Amur-950 ? I think PJ-10 offer was only for the larger Amur-1650
sub offered to India in P-75I.

Is that sub above Amur-950 ? I think PJ-10 offer was only for the larger Amur-1650

First pic is of Amur 950 .

Second picture is of Amur 1650 . It is written in the background .

As octopus said, they presented both but you are right, only the 1650 is meant to get Brahmos with an additional modul, for the lack of AIP. The 950 on the other hand is smaller and with AIP propulsion, at least it was meant to get AIP which is still under development.

Will India's Scorpenes have these stuff? Or can we add them later?

These are new systems, but the MICA system can be added later for sure, since it doesn't need any changes of the sub. It is just a torpedo that houses the MICA missile.
So far only the Germans had developed a similar air defence system and IN must have it for their subs as well, especially for the SSBNs.
Would be great if we could combine the Maitri SAM development, with a WVR missile and a sub launched air defence missile development as well. A single missile that can be used by all 3 forces!

Can you tell me in detail that how many equipments does IN has now???
Destroyers=?
Frigates=?
Corvettes=?
Mine Hunters=?
FAC=?
Patrol Craft=?
Tankers=?
LHDs=?
LPDs=?
Aircraft Carriers=?
Other Equipments=?
Aircrafts=?
Other Aviations=?
What are there roles and use???

Can you tell me in detail that how many equipments does IN has now???
Destroyers=?
Frigates=?
Corvettes=?
Mine Hunters=?
FAC=?
Patrol Craft=?
Tankers=?
LHDs=?
LPDs=?
Aircraft Carriers=?
Other Equipments=?
Aircrafts=?
Other Aviations=?
What are there roles and use???

List of active Indian Navy ships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indian Coast Guard Ships : Indian Coast Guard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indian Coast Guard Aviation : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Indian_military_aircraft#Indian_Coast_Guard

Interesting!

Italy and Russia are joining hands again for the S1000 SSK:

Russia, Italy revisit S1000 non-nuclear sub project

Russia and Italy have revisited the project of S1000 non-nuclear submarine. The project was frozen four years ago. This small submarine has been designed specifically for exports to the third world countries - Egypt, Morocco and others. According to latest reports, there will be only 20, not 50 percent of Russian components in the new submarine. However, Russia will be responsible for the promotion of the submarine on the market...

Russia, Italy revisit S1000 non-nuclear sub project - English pravda.ru

The S1000 was offered to IN for the next AIP sub procurement, jointly with L&T as a privat partner. It is basically an Amur class design, but with techs and capabilities of the U212 via Italy (non magnetic hull, fuel cell AIP propulsion...)

Submarine

About the Tu-142s; the P-8i is not a replacement for them (even the numbers do not match up)

Yes they are, the last upgrade of the Bears was meant to be a deeper upgrade, but the Russians asked for too much money and IN wasn't happy with the systems either. That's why only the life was extended for some years, while a competition was opened for new long range MPAs, where the P8 came out as the winner.
We currently have 8 x Bears and the initial order for P8 was 8 as well, but now we increased the order to 12.

About the IN's requirements for more airfields for Poseidon operation; that process has been initiated before the completion of even the first Poseidon airframe...INS Baaz...INS Hansa, INS Dega and INS Rajali can already operate Poseidons. Just as INS Garuda...[/QUOTE]

Your just look at the runway lenght, but not on the available space on to park the aircrafts on the forefields, or the neccassary facilities to maintain them. Just use google maps to compare INS Rajali with the other air bases you mentioned and you will undertstand that only INS Dega and partially INS Hansa might be able to operate this class of aircrafts, while the latter can't operate such numbers. INS Baaz will operate helicopters Do 228s as stationary aircrafts, while An 32s and C130s can land there and be operated for a shorter time.

The IL96 were upgraded recently, but again IN wasn't happy with the systems and will replace them in the long term with MRMRs, just like the Do 228 was expected to be replaced by Saras on the lower end.

Back
Top Bottom