What's new

Boeing eyes follow-on order for 6 P-8I MPA from Indian Navy

NG Missile Vessels

Reaction score
Country
India
1695329515325.png

NEW DELHI: US defence and aerospace firm Boeing is exploring the possibility of a follow-on order from the Indian Navy for six P-8I maritime surveillance aircraft, company officials said on Thursday.

“We are in continued discussions with the Indian Navy about their desire to add additional P-8I aircraft. They want to add additional aircraft because the 12 planes they have are performing well and have accumulated more than 40,000 hours of flight time over the last 10 years,” said Dan Gillian, vice president, mobility, surveillance and Bombers, Boeing Defense, Space and Security.

The Indian Navy has a fleet of 12 Boeing-made P-8I planes, split into two squadrons operating from Arakkonam in Tamil Nadu and Goa.

India bought the aircraft from the US for more than $3 billion, under two separate deals, to sharpen the navy’s anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare capabilities as well as fill critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance roles in the vast oceans.

The P-8I is a military derivative of Boeing’s 737-800 commercial aircraft.

More P-8Is will bring enhanced capability to the Indian naval fleet, Gillian said at a media briefing to highlight indigenisation achieved in the manufacturing and sustainment of its P-8I aircraft at the global level.

Boeing, which shared details of its Aatmanirbhar Bharat (self-reliant) strategy, has already generated a substantial economic impact amounting to $1.7 billion to support the navy’s current P-8I aircraft fleet, the company officials said, adding an order for more aircraft will increase investments by another $1.5 billion while creating more indigenisation opportunities in India’s aerospace and defence sector by 2032.
1695329454924.png

“Boeing’s commitment to advancing the Aatmanirbhar Bharat vision drives our dedication to the P-8I fleet. As we respond to the Indian Navy’s need for more P-8I aircraft, we’re actively looking to enhance engineering, manufacturing, and sustainment capabilities in India, for India, and the world, benefiting both Indian and global customers,” said Salil Gupte, president, Boeing India.

"Boeing is also committed to expanding its P-8 supplier network in India, which presently includes 15 public and private Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises that are part of Boeing's global supply chain and are delivering critical parts, components, and services for the P-8." The P-8 global fleet totals over 160 aircraft that have accumulated more than 500,000 mishap-free flight hours around the globe, Boeing said.

Boeing played a pivotal role in establishing the Ashok Roy Training Simulator Complex at INS Rajali, and the Kochi training complex, inaugurated in April this year, officials of the company said.

They said this ground-based training reduces on-aircraft training time, boosting mission proficiency and aircraft availability for the Indian Navy.

"We're proud to partner with the Indian Navy on the exceptional capability that the P-8 delivers as a proven multi-mission aircraft while enhancing the interoperability and maritime security requirements for India and the Indo-Pacific," said Dan Gillian, vice president and general manager, Mobility, Surveillance and Bombers, Boeing Defense, Space and Security.

They are buying all this but basic things like fighter jets and submarines are nowhere to be seen. They will have awacs to spot enemy fighters but nothing to bring them down with and again these submarine hunter planes to find submarines and no capability to blow them up.

They are buying all this but basic things like fighter jets and submarines are nowhere to be seen. They will have awacs to spot enemy fighters but nothing to bring them down with and again these submarine hunter planes to find submarines and no capability to blow them up.

The P-8 is submarine hunter. It can blow the subs out. It is mighty upgrade over Tu-142s which had longer range but inferior detection equipment.

Fighters, Surface ships and Tanks are obsolete.

These are no where to be seen in the NATO-Russia war in Ukraine.

Fighters will be shot by the Air Defences

Tanks will be taken out by the Drones

Surface Ships will destroyed out by the Missiles

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom