What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

so the Russians say that the failure of boilers etc onboard the “Junk” must be laid at India's door and refuse to pay “penalty”。

Further the Indians have been accused of acquiring false and fake and fault parts for the said ship。

How are the Indians gonna react?

PS Still no reporting by the Indian media?:azn:

Are you telling that the junk which is the chinese bricks should be laid at India's door ???Why??:azn:

^^^^

NICE JOB ABING :tup:

BUT THAT COULD HAVE INCLUDED MY AVATAR THE INS VIKY ALSO :cry:

SADIST RUSSIANS :hitwall:

so the Russians say that the failure of boilers etc onboard the “Junk” must be laid at India's door and refuse to pay “penalty”。

Further the Indians have been accused of acquiring false and fake and fault parts for the said ship。

How are the Indians gonna react?

PS Still no reporting by the Indian media?:azn:

The next report will be how much more will India have to pay.

Btw, Am in cochin and today in the evening had gone for a walk in cochin marine drive. I saw a naval ship anchored off. Was raining heavily and was not very clear. I think the number 703. That would be make it the INS Tarkash to be inducted in the Indian Navy. Unfortunately dont have my binocs. Will confirm with better visuals if the weather is better tomorrow.

For people in Cochin to confirm. It can be seen from the Marine drive walkway from the observation deck near Priyadarshini park.

My newest upload:

good video but again capability on paper.....helo's, submarine, Aircraft carrier...LPD....Naval Tejas, Mig 29K...only surface fleet seems ok for the aspiration of the NAvy.......BTW the marcos are the ace up the sleeve......got to do lots of work to come up to come up to decent standards of being a deadly force to counter multi dimensional threats......may be 2014 may be correct time for IN to really stabilise a a game changer.....till then keep heads down and work.....

and sir, what would be yur mail id and bank account no to add yur residential address.....hope yud understand....

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on Kolkata Class destroyer and Kamrota class ASW crvts?Plz share

The first P-15A will be handed over to Navy in March 2013.

The first P-28 is also due next year, although the correct time period is not known.

Project-17 Shivalik-class stealth frigates -

First Shivalik frigate (F47) induction in 2010, image from DTN News

INS Satpura (F48) during sea trials in early 2011

INS Satpura (F48) during Malabar-2012 naval combat exercise with US Navy

INS Shivalik (F47) in March 2010 maiden sailing

INS Satpura (F48) in Malabar-2012 exercise

INS Shivalik (F47) in Yangpu, China in 2012

INS Sahyadri (F49) in 2012

The P-17 FFG armament suite -

8 Cruise Missiles (PJ-10 BrahMos (300km) or 3M54E Klub-N (285km) fitted in Universal VLS cells)
40 Surface-to-Air Missiles (24 Shtil-1 (30km) in arm launchers & 16 Barak-I in VLS cells)
144 Anti-submarine rockets (in 2 RBU-6000 MRLs with 72 rockets each)
2 30mm CIWS guns (AK-630M)
1 76mm multipurpose gun (Otobreda)

Interesting pics from the Euronaval 2012 and some of these may find their way to IN:

Amur class subs (interestingly it seems they are not offered with Brahmos or AIP propulsion)

PA226040.JPG

PA226034.JPG

Scorpene (with the AIP module in front of it) and Andrasta sub in the background

PA226011.JPG

PA226012.JPG

I wonder if the Andrasta class wouldn't be the better choice for IN, instead of more Scorpene class subs. Similarly capabilities, only that these are designed for costal areas and with less range and endurrance, but at have the costs. So instead of 6 x additional Scorpenes that can go even into the Indian Ocean area, we could have 12 x Andrasta class subs, with for the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal. With the commonality it shouldn't be that difficult to build them in our productionline as well.

And some nice and advanced designs and concepts from DCNS (BRAVE class replenishment and support ship / PA2 carrier, notably with a UCAV on board / SMX 26 concept of a sub for shallow water areas, that can even drive on the underground)

PA226010.JPG

PA226009.JPG

dcns_smx_26-2.jpg

dcns_smx_26-4.jpg

The P-17 FFG armament suite -

8 Cruise Missiles (PJ-10 BrahMos (300km) or 3M54E Klub-N (285km) fitted in Universal VLS cells)
40 Surface-to-Air Missiles (24 Shtil-1 (30km) in arm launchers & 16 Barak-I in VLS cells)
144 Anti-submarine rockets (in 2 RBU-6000 MRLs with 72 rockets each)
2 30mm CIWS guns (AK-630M)
1 76mm multipurpose gun (Otobreda)

They feature 32 Barak-1 missiles in VLS units

Back
Top Bottom