What's new

Indian Aggression at LOC: Another Pakistan Army Soldier Martyred

Chalo...happy that you lot -Pakistani's - get what you want. TTP is doing much more of the same to your troops in Pakistan. But then as you said - they are getting what's coming to them.

the odds are against their favour; we've killed and captured a lot more of their men (destroying their hideouts and capturing their munitions in the process) and inflicted more harm on them than they have on us --- this has manifested itself into a major drop in terrorist incidents in the country (though they still do go on).

once we go back to 'calling the shots' in Afghanistan (which i see very likely) maybe we'll be able to convince the other side to stop sheltering anti-Pakistan terrorists --as a good % of the terrorism in Pakistan is attributed to terrorists crossing over from Afghan side; they are getting help and equipment from individuals/groups with their own vested interests.

overall -- we will come out on top.

you indians should be a hell of a lot more worried about your naxals and those other groups that are gaining footholds in your northeast and able to still carry out audacious attacks against state apparatus...your own prime minister made it clear that india is at risk more from domestic/homegrown terrorism than they are from Pakistan side. So no need for you to delve into the 'safety' or 'well-being' of our jawans. They know what they signed up for and the cowardice of the enemy has not phased them at all. And i know this, because I have my own family members active and in the 'field'

the odds are against their favour; we've killed and captured a lot more of their men (destroying their hideouts and capturing their munitions in the process) and inflicted more harm on them than they have on us --- this has manifested itself into a major drop in terrorist incidents in the country (though they still do go on).
If you talk about records in Counter Insurgency, IA has a record and a ratio that PA would be hard pressed to achieve. We have killed more terrorists, shot them and dumped them, destroyed their munitions in Kashmir with a success rate more than PA has managed to achieve.

If you look at the Kashmir terrorism records now, its a joke. Its pitiable to watch it now, they find it hard enough to jump the fence, after they do, the odds are that they are caught and shot in the jungles before even reaching the villages.

once we go back to 'calling the shots' in Afghanistan (which i see very likely) maybe we'll be able to convince the other side to stop sheltering anti-Pakistan terrorists --as a good % of the terrorism in Pakistan is attributed to terrorists crossing over from Afghan side; they are getting help and equipment from individuals/groups with their own vested interests.

overall -- we will come out on top.
Overall - you have had more than a decade or sliding down chaos. You are unlikely to do any better till 2020 atleast. By that time, India is so far ahead that Pakistan will find it hard to catch in another 30 years.

So even if ALL goes to plan for Pakistan, you still dont come out top.

you indians should be a hell of a lot more worried about your naxals and those other groups that are gaining footholds in your northeast and able to still carry out audacious attacks against state apparatus...your own prime minister made it clear that india is at risk more from domestic/homegrown terrorism than they are from Pakistan side.
Ofcourse we are. We are not fools like Pakistani people collectively to keep painting someone else as responsible for our problems and not take action against them.

ALL the insurgencies in NE are dying. Mainly thanks to BD supporting us. They are almost dead. The sole serious insurgency remaining is the Maoist one. And the solution to that is not military but developmental. And that is happening steadily.

So no need for you to delve into the 'safety' or 'well-being' of our jawans. They know what they signed up for and the cowardice of the enemy has not phased them at all. And i know this, because I have my own family members active and in the 'field'
Yeah we know almost every family in Pakistan has family members in the Army. Not for nothing do you have such an abnormally militarized nation spending the largest percentage of budget than any other nation in South Asia, on the military, leaving less than any other nation in South Asia, for the economy and social welfare.

I remember when the Indian soldier died, ALL the Pakistani's here were acting all macho - they love to call themselves as lions. Phrases came like we are not like BD, and if you mess with the lions then you will die and what not.

I dont see them saying anything after Pakistani soldiers have been killed !

Typical indians - passive and weak in real life, and a warrior on the net.

Dedicated to the Officers and Jawaans of the Pakistani Armed Forces.

'We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.'

George Orwell

Last edited by a moderator:
The lines of control - Hindustan Times

The beheading of an Indian soldier on the LoC and the mutilation of another were undoubtedly unacceptable and unpardonable. This was barbaric behaviour. The anger and revulsion it’s provoked is understandable. There’s no denying that. However, there’s one question we need to ask but mainly failed to raise. Have we ever been guilty of similar behaviour ourselves?

From what I can tell the answer seems to be yes. On the 10th, The Hindu reported that last year, during a skirmish at Karnah, “Indian Special Forces responded by attacking a Pakistani forward post, killing several soldiers, and by the account of one military official which The Hindu could not corroborate independently, beheaded two.”

What makes this claim credible is that it’s reported by military sources who not only ought to know but would not denigrate the reputation of Indian soldiers.

Alas, there’s more evidence. This time from eye-witnesses.

In her ‘Confessions of a War Reporter’, published in June 2001 by Himal, a well-known Nepalese magazine, Barkha Dutt recounted how she witnessed a decapitated Pakistani soldier’s head at Kargil. This is what she wrote: “I had to look three times to make sure I was seeing right … “Look again,” said the army colonel, in a tone that betrayed suppressed excitement. This time, I finally saw. It was a head, the disembodied face of a slain soldier nailed onto a tree. “The boys got it as a gift for the brigade,” said the colonel, softly, but proudly.”

Harinder Baweja, the editor (Investigation) of this paper, witnessed something similar. This is the account from her book A Soldier’s Diary, Kargil — The Inside Story: “The experiences of 18 Garhwal show another side of the war … one of them took out his knife and slit the head of a Pakistani soldier in one stroke. The head was sent to Brigade Headquarters at Drass and pinned to a tree trunk … the enemy head, a grisly trophy, became an exhibition piece. Major General Puri came down from Mughalpura to see it. Other officers dropped in to Brigade Headquarters to take a look. So did some journalists … it was there pinned on the tree for anyone who could bear to look at it.”

So is this proof that Indian soldiers, both in the recent past and during Kargil, have done to Pakistanis what they did to our jawans last week? The Hindu report is clearly not proof.

On the other hand, what Barkha and Harinder saw seems like it. They are eye-witnesses. They’re highly regarded journalists. They have a reputation for telling the truth. More importantly, they have no reason to lie.

However, my intention is not to establish moral equivalence between Indian and Pakistani soldiers, although some might come to that conclusion. It’s to ask why did the media, other than The Hindu, not point this out? You can’t argue it was irrelevant information. More importantly, it would have put a different complexion on the decapitation of our soldiers. And, certainly, it would have tempered the furious discussions on television.

As journalists we owe our audience not just the truth but both sides of it when that’s pertinent. To not be evenhanded is to leave them half-informed.

In this instance, we whipped up passions when we should have helped audiences realise the LoC is a tough place, where brutal actions often happen and both sides retaliate in equally gruesome ways.

When tempers cool and time lends perspective, our audience won’t forgive us for half-truths.

The lines of control - Hindustan Times

The beheading of an Indian soldier on the LoC and the mutilation of another were undoubtedly unacceptable and unpardonable. This was barbaric behaviour. The anger and revulsion it’s provoked is understandable. There’s no denying that. However, there’s one question we need to ask but mainly failed to raise. Have we ever been guilty of similar behaviour ourselves?

From what I can tell the answer seems to be yes. On the 10th, The Hindu reported that last year, during a skirmish at Karnah, “Indian Special Forces responded by attacking a Pakistani forward post, killing several soldiers, and by the account of one military official which The Hindu could not corroborate independently, beheaded two.”

What makes this claim credible is that it’s reported by military sources who not only ought to know but would not denigrate the reputation of Indian soldiers.

Alas, there’s more evidence. This time from eye-witnesses.

In her ‘Confessions of a War Reporter’, published in June 2001 by Himal, a well-known Nepalese magazine, Barkha Dutt recounted how she witnessed a decapitated Pakistani soldier’s head at Kargil. This is what she wrote: “I had to look three times to make sure I was seeing right … “Look again,” said the army colonel, in a tone that betrayed suppressed excitement. This time, I finally saw. It was a head, the disembodied face of a slain soldier nailed onto a tree. “The boys got it as a gift for the brigade,” said the colonel, softly, but proudly.”

Harinder Baweja, the editor (Investigation) of this paper, witnessed something similar. This is the account from her book A Soldier’s Diary, Kargil — The Inside Story: “The experiences of 18 Garhwal show another side of the war … one of them took out his knife and slit the head of a Pakistani soldier in one stroke. The head was sent to Brigade Headquarters at Drass and pinned to a tree trunk … the enemy head, a grisly trophy, became an exhibition piece. Major General Puri came down from Mughalpura to see it. Other officers dropped in to Brigade Headquarters to take a look. So did some journalists … it was there pinned on the tree for anyone who could bear to look at it.”

So is this proof that Indian soldiers, both in the recent past and during Kargil, have done to Pakistanis what they did to our jawans last week? The Hindu report is clearly not proof.

On the other hand, what Barkha and Harinder saw seems like it. They are eye-witnesses. They’re highly regarded journalists. They have a reputation for telling the truth. More importantly, they have no reason to lie.

However, my intention is not to establish moral equivalence between Indian and Pakistani soldiers, although some might come to that conclusion. It’s to ask why did the media, other than The Hindu, not point this out? You can’t argue it was irrelevant information. More importantly, it would have put a different complexion on the decapitation of our soldiers. And, certainly, it would have tempered the furious discussions on television.

As journalists we owe our audience not just the truth but both sides of it when that’s pertinent. To not be evenhanded is to leave them half-informed.

In this instance, we whipped up passions when we should have helped audiences realise the LoC is a tough place, where brutal actions often happen and both sides retaliate in equally gruesome ways.

When tempers cool and time lends perspective, our audience won’t forgive us for half-truths.

Just because they are journalists, does not mean they cannot lie.

I personally don't believe our forces do this but if they have done this then it was done as a retaliation to what pakistan does first.

Just because they are journalists, does not mean they cannot lie.

I personally don't believe our forces do this but if they have done this then it was done as a retaliation to what pakistan does first.

and how did you come upto the conclusion in BOLD PART???

and how did you come upto the conclusion in BOLD PART???

The incident in Karnah happened because two Indian soldiers were beheaded first. Similar beheadings happened in Kargil too.

There are several news reports available.

The incident in Karnah happened because two Indian soldiers were beheaded first. Similar beheadings happened in Kargil too.

There are several news reports available.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistani soldier 'tortured to death'

The Terrorist Indian Army is comprised of criminals, rapists and murderers!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...2-tortured-prisoner-s-body-arrives-india.html

so please READ WHAT YOUR JOURNALISTS ARE SAYING IN THE ARTICLE I POSTED!!! THEN READ THE LINKS I POSTED!!!

then you will have your answers!

surely BARKHA DUTT IS NOT PAKISTANI AGENT IS SHE????

Pak kills 2 Indian soldiers and mutilates/beheads, India Kills 3 Pak soldiers (unofficially might be 9-10)... Indian PM and Army chief(both Sikhs) issues warnings and all of a sudden Pak goes on backfoot and "de-esclates" and talks about "dialaaaag" and "probe" into the mutilation.Khar who blabbered before goes soft.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistani soldier 'tortured to death'

The Terrorist Indian Army is comprised of criminals, rapists and murderers!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...2-tortured-prisoner-s-body-arrives-india.html

so please READ WHAT YOUR JOURNALISTS ARE SAYING IN THE ARTICLE I POSTED!!! THEN READ THE LINKS I POSTED!!!

then you will have your answers!

surely BARKHA DUTT IS NOT PAKISTANI AGENT IS SHE????

Barkha who? :undecided:

Beheading is not wrong it's Islamic way of punishement of murder!

No wonder why civilised society is sceptical and doubtful about co existence with Islamic bigots.

How about accepting beheading then?? Be proud and tell the world about your pious activity.

And for what did you punish those 2 indian soldiers? What ensures you that those 2 were involved in killing of any pakistani and not some others?

There is no place of your religion in international conventions and behaviour. Kepp that out.

there was NO BEHEADING DONE FROM PAK SIDE! IF YOU BELIEVE IT SHOW IT TO THE WORLD! IF NOT THEN SSSSH AND LISTEN TO BARKHA AUNTY!

CASE CLOSED!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

p1_26.jpg

India should not under estimate Pakistan
Pak Army is capable response in every manner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom