What's new

India to deploy Sukhoi-30 jets on Pakistan border

Relocating SU-30's to bases close to Pakistan's border also provides PAF an opportunity to try to take them out on the ground. I know its not 65 or 71 but still PAF can plan and try.

I guess better not to make any border tension
what will happen its one on one chance, either India win oR PaKIStaN!!:pakistan:

They are being deployed on Indian soil so if they want to have them near the Pakistani border they can.

Its a good option so they can scramble quickly should a threat emerge.

As AFM said... Their Mig29, Jaguars, Mig21, Mirages 2000h are not able to match JF17 and Block52. Hence MKI on the border. But will they remember that it will uncover a lot of details how MKI performs...?

As AFM said... Their Mig29, Jaguars, Mig21, Mirages 2000h are not able to match JF17 and Block52. Hence MKI on the border. But will they remember that it will uncover a lot of details how MKI performs...?

we are fully confident that FC-20 will take care of MKIs...:sniper:

So someone plz give a definite answer then. Putting the MKIs near the border sure means that we can get them in action as soon as required but its really true that it will reveal details of the working of the MKI and they can also be taken out on the ground. is it really an advantage or a disadvantage and what if they used the FC-20? :what:

I think you might understand that they are in range of Babur which can be pre-programmed to take out anything on the airfield... Your advantage of range is gone.. Here you are supersized on every Pakistani radar and we know when it moves or is in the air... And the big plane needs los of room to be parked so easier to get destroyed...

so what then it was just a stupid move?? :what:

lol dude.. nothing to worry about..... most of MKI squadrons are based in Pune AFB which is over 400KM away from pakistani border... well out of reach from any PAF air raids but definitely well with in the range of PN subs Cruise missiles.. and the funny thing is.. no Hardened Aircraft Shelters for MKIs in Pune..

I think you might understand that they are in range of Babur which can be pre-programmed to take out anything on the airfield... Your advantage of range is gone.. Here you are supersized on every Pakistani radar and we know when it moves or is in the air... And the big plane needs los of room to be parked so easier to get destroyed...

Given that there will be no war having MKI's on the border may be just for intimidation.

Even if RADAR catches MKI's but you need to have measures to counter the beast. So it does mean Pakistan needs to reorganize its defences allocate specific resources to counter the beast.

23march said:
ol dude.. nothing to worry about..... most of MKI squadrons are based in Pune AFB which is over 400KM away from pakistani border... well out of reach from any PAF air raids but definitely well with in the range of PN subs Cruise missiles.. and the funny thing is.. no Hardened Aircraft Shelters for MKIs in Pune..

hmmm... Does that mean having MKI's in pune also a stupidity ? I do not agree with your PN logic.

lol dude.. nothing to worry about..... most of MKI squadrons are based in Pune AFB which is over 400KM away from pakistani border... well out of reach from any PAF air raids but definitely well with in the range of PN subs Cruise missiles.. and the funny thing is.. no Hardened Aircraft Shelters for MKIs in Pune..
Hey so PN have SLCM capability also, I have never came across something like this. Can you please provide any link for this.

People who are in charge of IAF/PAF are more knowledgeable about air conflicts than most of us on this forum.

Speculating that since the MKIs have been placed on the border, they are easy pickings is nothing but pure stupidity. If one goes by this dictat, then any and everything is vulnerable to one thing or the other.

People who are in charge of IAF/PAF are more knowledgeable about air conflicts than most of us on this forum.

Speculating that since the MKIs have been placed on the border, they are easy pickings is nothing but pure stupidity. If one goes by this dictat, then any and everything is vulnerable to one thing or the other.

quite correct! india has the right to station these birds anywhere. PAF should be cognizant of this fact.

Back
Top Bottom