What's new

India to deploy Sukhoi-30 jets on Pakistan border

IAF's deployment of MKIs near the border is no different than PAF's F-16s being based at Mushaf AB. That too is close to the border. The way the two Air Forces are going for the sensor and capabilities fit on their AEW platforms, any chances of a surprise strike against each other's airbases which would threaten the MKI or vice versa would become very remote (which is a good thing for peace).

Also using LACMs to take out aircraft parked on a runway/aprons/HAS is a difficult task until and unless they were all lined up on the flight line and a LACM with Combined Effects Munitions type payload detonated right above. Chances always exist but are remote.

IAF's deployment of MKIs near the border is no different than PAF's F-16s being based at Mushaf AB. That too is close to the border. The way the two Air Forces are going for the sensor and capabilities fit on their AEW platforms, any chances of a surprise strike against each other's airbases which would threaten the MKI or vice versa would become very remote (which is a good thing for peace).

Also using LACMs to take out aircraft parked on a runway/aprons/HAS is a difficult task until and unless they were all lined up on the flight line and a LACM with Combined Effects Munitions type payload detonated right above. Chances always exist but are remote.

interesting comment - as you may well know PAF squadrons still operate on the old WWII RAF doctrine (i forget the terminology) on 24 hour alert and very seldom u will see PAF aircraft parked on the tarmac.
maybe MuradK or X_man can comment on this. i will try to get this news as it was reported by AFM in 2006/7.

interesting comment - as you may well know PAF squadrons still operate on the old WWII RAF doctrine (i forget the terminology) on 24 hour alert and very seldom u will see PAF aircraft parked on the tarmac.
maybe MuradK or X_man can comment on this. i will try to get this news as it was reported by AFM in 2006/7.

Well we maintain flightlines on some bases and aircraft simply take off from these flightlines. This does not happen on all the bases and at least F-16s and other high value assets are usually parked in HAS. But things change and exceptions to the case always exist.

Were you referring to QRA/ADA (6 minute routine)?

Well we maintain flightlines on some bases and aircraft simply take off from these flightlines. This does not happen on all the bases and at least F-16s and other high value assets are usually parked in HAS. But things change and exceptions to the case always exist.

Were you referring to QRA/ADA (6 minute routine)?

guy u r a genius! - flightlines exist at bases like samugli, shorkot etc but not at mushaf, minhas etc as u correctly mentioned.

guy u r a genius! - flightlines exist at bases like samugli, shorkot etc but not at mushaf, minhas etc as u correctly mentioned.

Sir nothing of the sort. Just happened to recollect some of my memories.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom