What's new

Tejas Fighter Deployed In Kashmir? Speculation Rife As Indigenous Aircraft Spotted At Awantipur During Western Air Command Chief's Visit

A delta flying straight and fast is nothing big to boast about. PAF’s 50 year old Mirages are still the best fire and flee aircraft in the entire inventory
Not better than our 60+ DARIN III Jaguars

Are you saying that the IAF’s Su 33s MiG 29s Mirage 2Ks and Tejas are not good?So a total of around 420 planes are dogs?
No, not at all. Instead, we're making them more potent by upgrading their EW suites😁
260 SU30+ 60 Mig29 UPG + 47 Mirage 2000 + 123 Tejas Mk 1 & 1A= 490 jets

Last edited:
Not better than our 60+ DARIN III Jaguars
Wrong, the biggest issues with The Jaguars are that they grossly under powered. Re-engining was dropped from the upgrades. Darin upgrades are not much different than the ROSE upgrades.

As far as M2K upgrade, cost of the upgrade for each aircraft was more than the cost of a brand new F16 Blk 50 so you guys lost even before the planes came back from France

As far as SU 30s and MiG 29s are concerned you can put Lipstick on a pig but it will still be a pig.

Last edited:
A delta flying straight and fast is nothing big to boast about. PAF’s 50 year old Mirages are still the best fire and flee aircraft in the entire inventory

Are you saying that the IAF’s Su 33s MiG 29s Mirage 2Ks and Tejas are not good? That around 370 aircraft add another 50 odd Mig21s. So a total of around 420 planes are dogs?

I still am not sure what you meant, PAF old Mirages are useless against modern SAM systems, During the war, the pilot will fly with the hope that the payload will be delivered if they reach the target, and the rest will be left to God if they return safely.

It's just not about the frame, most depend on the latest technology integration. For example, in - F16 & f18 fighters, the USA regularly updated the fighter planes, and even now, after 50 years, any day can outperform HAL Tejas, Jf 17 fighters...

Are you saying that the IAF’s Su 33s MiG 29s Mirage 2Ks and Tejas are not good? That around 370 aircraft add another 50 odd Mig21s. So a total of around 420 planes are dogs?

I am saying that those are not well equipped to face such modern Chinese fighters, the Chinese air force is continuously being updated, and with the latest air-to-air missiles over 160 KM range, they will always have a chance to hit first.

India needs to equip Su 30 MKI, HAL Tejas MK1a, and Mirage 2000 with Astra Mk2 missiles over a 150-kilometer range. Then, it will be a good show.

But the situation will be different within the range of 110 KM, with these fighters... then the IAF with Su 30, and others will also have a chance to score first.....

In the case of PAF, these fighters are well equipped with 110 KM Air-to-air missiles, which were recently upgraded after feb, 2019...

Last edited:
Wrong, the biggest issues with The Jaguars are that they grossly under powered. Re-engining was dropped from the upgrades
Screenshot_20230729-195835_Chrome.jpg

Darin upgrades are not much different than the ROSE upgrades
So your mirages got AESA radar after the ROSE upgrades?

Last edited:
View attachment 942216

So your mirages got AESA radar after the ROSE upgrades?

Replacement for the lost aircraft
Mirage does not need an AESA and neither do Jags as they are primarily ground attack aircrafts. They operate with top cover with fighters with AESA and AEWC with data links. Further Jag is a low level attack plane flying below the radar. With all the ground clutter not much use for a AESA. This shows the quality of your airforce leadership. They didn’t fix the biggest problem with the Jags I.e. Engine but they added bells and whistles not really needed. So which BVR does the jag uses with the AESA? Another self goal. Don’t put links to feel goo, aspirational videos. Accept the fact that the so called Jaguar is actually a mangy dog.

I still am not sure what you meant, PAF old Mirages are useless against modern SAM systems, During the war, the pilot will fly with the hope that the payload will be delivered if they reach the target, and the rest will be left to God if they return safely.

It's just not about the frame, most depend on the latest technology. For example, in - F16 & f18 fighters, the USA regularly updated the fighter planes, and even now, after 50 years, any day can outperform HAL Tejas, Jf 17 fighters...

I am saying that those are not well equipped to face such modern Chinese fighters, the Chinese air force is continuously being updated, and with the latest air-to-air missiles over 160 KM range, they will always have a chance to hit first.

India needs to equip Su 30 MKI, HAL Tejas MK1a, and Mirage 2000 with Astra Mk2 missiles over a 150-kilometer range. Then, it will be a good show.

But the situation will be different within the range of 110 KM, with these fighters... then the IAF with Su 30, and others will also have a chance to score first.....

In the case of PAF, these fighters are well equipped with 110 KM Air-to-air missiles, which were recently upgraded after feb, 2019...
Well these 50 year old obsolete war horses delivered a lot of payload right on the dot after Pulwama and your SAMs managed to shot only your own helicopter.

Last edited:
Mirage does not need an AESA and neither do Jags as they are primarily ground attack aircrafts. They operate with top cover with fighters with AESA and AEWC with data links. Further Jag is a low level attack plane flying below the radar. With all the ground clutter not much use for a AESA. This shows the quality of your airforce leadership. They didn’t fix the biggest problem with the Jags I.e. Engine but they added bells and whistles not really needed. So which BVR does the jag uses with the AESA? Another self goal. Don’t put links to feel goo, aspirational videos. Accept the fact that the so called Jaguar is actually a mangy dog
Screenshot_20230729-211602_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Hal Tejas is just similar capable to jf 17.

And only good at western borders but Chinese are having much better capable Aircrafts, we need more alike Rafale Or early as possible, Hal Tejas mk2 fighters

Your Tejas is inferior to JF-17.

Your Rafale is inferior to J-10C let alone Chinese J-20.

View attachment 942155
The Indian Air Force may have deployed indigenously built Tejas Mk-1 aircraft at Awantipura forward airbase in Jammu and Kashmir.

The IAF's Western Air Command shared a tweet about the AOC-in-C Air Marshal PM Sinha visiting the Awantipura forward airbase, where the Air Marshal Sinha could be seen inspecting a Tejas Mk-1 fighter jet.

This is interesting since until now, it was believed that the Tejas was only based at the Sulur Air Force base in Tamil Nadu.
Sulur Air base is home to the IAF's 45 squadron 'Flying Daggers' and 18 squadron 'Flying Bullets', equipped with initial operational clearance (IOC) and final operational clearance (FOC) versions of the Tejas fighter jet, respectively.

Earlier in August 2020, various reports said that the IAF had deployed IOC Tejas fighters belonging to the 45 Squadron 'Flying Daggers' to a forward air base on the western border in the aftermath of the Galwan clash in June 2020, and the resulting border standoff along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

Their deployment suggests that the IAF now fully trusts the aircraft's capabilities, and is now ready to deploy them at forward airfield opposite India's adversaries.

In a further display of trust in the aircraft's capabilities, the Indian Air Force has already ordered 83 Tejas Mk-1A jets in 2021, valued at over Rs 48,000 crore, with the first deliveries expected in 2024.

These new Tejas Mk-1A will have 40 major improvements compared to the Tejas Mk-1.

They will have an active electronically-scanned array radar for detecting enemy aircraft at greater ranges and resistance to jamming, a new advanced self protection jamming suite (ASPJ), a digital flying control computer (DFCC), as well as, faster turnaround times for each aircraft after every sortie.

Indians deploying half baked lemon highlights how desperate Indians are.

Last edited:
Who the Fuc# is Thakur. The article is self contradictory and seems to be written by a kid. So they added weight to an already under powered plane. Great job! Do you think the Jag had better cockpit visibility than the F16, J10 or even JF17. He must be comparing to Indian crap like MiG 27/21 or Tejas. PAF does not operate any twin engine combat plane and its safety record is much better than India’s. Any aircraft in India’s hand is dangerous to its crew and the people of India. After one adds the kickbacks any aircraft including F35 is cheaper than the Rafale

Mirage does not need an AESA and neither do Jags as they are primarily ground attack aircrafts. They operate with top cover with fighters with AESA and AEWC with data links. Further Jag is a low level attack plane flying below the radar. With all the ground clutter not much use for a AESA. This shows the quality of your airforce leadership. They didn’t fix the biggest problem with the Jags I.e. Engine but they added bells and whistles not really needed. So which BVR does the jag uses with the AESA? Another self goal. Don’t put links to feel goo, aspirational videos. Accept the fact that the so called Jaguar is actually a mangy dog.

Well these 50 year old obsolete war horses delivered a lot of payload right on the dot after Pulwama and your SAMs managed to shot only your own helicopter.

Well mirage 2000 walked over pak airspace but paf were sleeping.....

Just came up with drama story that vector of us they dropped the bomb.c Actually, 26th feb was a complete failure of paf.

You dont understand thee difference between hit and run at borders areas And deep strike, Do you?

As i said, if paf mirage will try go for deep strike than paf pilots can only rely on the Allah for safe return Because machine will mostly not help and denied again it to return Modern sam systems.

Don't compare donkey with a horse.
The export orders and operational capabilities put JF17 in a different league.
When someone outside India is ready to buy your Tejas then we can discuss similarities. Period.

And the same donkey not suit to Chinese Airforce.... Also, they know the her capabilities because they were developing more capable Aircrafts i. E J10.

Export to whom?

What reputation has those Airforces? Just they want to drop bombs on thier mostly own citizens.

Jf 17, hal Tejas and korean F50 are on same league.... Nothing more..... If it was not than you not needed to buy j10 fighters from China.

Last edited:
Hal Tejas is just similar capable to jf 17.

And only good at western borders but Chinese are having much better capable Aircrafts, we need more alike Rafale Or early as possible, Hal Tejas mk2 fighters

The Tejas' capable of taking on the Thunder are simply not operationally ready to take on active combat roles against Pakistan.

The Tejas that are currently flying would be shot out of the sky simply because they're inferior. By the time that the upgraded Tejas (mk2) come into play, JF-17 blk IV and V will probably be ready to keep the gap between the the Tejas and Thunder wide.

Honestly, I don't know why India continues to stubbornly fund the Tejas project. It's a failure by every metric.

Just put the money into the NG AMCA, India would be much better off.

Just came up with drama story that vector of us they dropped the bomb.c Actually, 26th feb was a complete failure of paf.

You dont understand thee difference between hit and run at borders areas And deep strike, Do you?

As i said, if paf mirage will try go for deep strike than paf pilots can only rely on the Allah for safe return Because machine will mostly not help and denied again it to return Modern sam systems.
Really? That's the narrative you're going with?

Dude, just stop. This is just embarrassing. To blatantly deny the truth of what happened is absolutely pathetic and reeks of desperation.

And the same donkey not suit to Chinese Airforce.... Also, they know the her capabilities because they were developing more capable Aircrafts i. E J10.

Export to whom?

What reputation has those Airforces? Just they want to drop bombs on thier mostly own citizens.

Jf 17, hal Tejas and korean F50 are on same league.... Nothing more..... If it was not than you not needed to buy j10 fighters from China.
We have the recording of everything that happened on Feb26th. You like any imbecile idiot can believe anything you want but your Military Leadership and your top political leadership know exactly what happened that your government just doled out another $10 billion dollars to support the French social services and retirement programs.

The Tejas' capable of taking on the Thunder are simply not operationally ready to take on active combat roles against Pakistan.

The Tejas that are currently flying would be shot out of the sky simply because they're inferior. By the time that the upgraded Tejas (mk2) come into play, JF-17 blk IV and V will probably be ready to keep the gap between the the Tejas and Thunder wide.

Honestly, I don't know why India continues to stubbornly fund the Tejas project. It's a failure by every metric.

Just put the money into the NG AMCA, India would be much better off.

Really? That's the narrative you're going with?

Dude, just stop. This is just embarrassing. To blatantly deny the truth of what happened is absolutely pathetic and reeks of desperation.

Hi boss,

Please review my opening remarks on this; i have already made a few admissions.
When it came to operationalizing, it was also about the different approaches used since the paf accepted and inducted the jf17 block 1 and the IAF would never do so. HAL Tejas experienced the same thing.

I'm not sure whether I can convey this to you all in a way that makes sense to you and that you can try to understand.

In Short, It will also be a major accomplishment because India has a strained relationship with its two neighbors if HAL Tejas MK1a is available in 2024 with ASEA radar and Astra missiles with 110 km and 160 km of air-to-air range.

About PAF

J10, F16, and jf 17 would currently be the best machine counts. Given that Pakistan would have an adequate supply of JF-17 Blocks 2 and 3,

As a result, the IAF would benefit greatly from having AESA and a 160-KM-range missile (HAL Tejas MK1a). Pakistan is unlikely to replace its approximately 200 JF17 Block 2 and Block 3 aircraft with 5th or 6th-generation aircraft in the near future. For this reason, it is unclear why HAL Tejas MK1a cannot be used for similar capabilities as an interceptor. With regards to specifications, both are nearly identical with a few drawbacks and benefits against each other.

****"****

Regarding the Chinese, I said that they had a far stronger air force and had much better aircraft available than IAF, thus we needed more capable aircraft. They are being improved quickly, with better teeth and missiles. India needs an aircraft that is more sophisticated and capable than the HAL Tejas MK1a and similar capable as Rafale and HAL Tejas mk2 (possibly).

Regarding "your opinion" that Tejas was a waste of money, I must say that I completely disagree because Chinese aircraft of the 4th gen are still in use today and won't be replaced until 2050, especially Chinese-copied versions of Sukhoi aircraft. working on HAL Tejas mk2 is still worthwhile and has at least 20 years of service from 2030 to 2050..

Given that both air forces would continue to operate a higher number of 4th generation aircraft, India should develop HAL Tejas MK1a and HAL Tejas MK2 aircraft and deploy it.

The air forces will only utilize a relatively small number of fifth-generation aircraft.

I don't have an issue if you term HAL Tejas a failure since, while it came late than expected, it still fits in scenarios of South Asian war, and due of HAL Tejas, it is possible for HAL to continue working on and producing newer aircrafts.

Everything has a price and a build time when building in the home; are you certain Pakistan has this? Again working with Turkey for the fifth generation of fighters, and anyone who looked at Pakistan's failed attempt to build 5th aircraft and why, expect financially?

I am really looking forward to this aircraft with much better design.
1690685227775.png

Last edited:
not suit to Chinese Airforce....

Why will China need JF-17 when they can afford and are inducting hundreds of J-10Cs and J-20s ?

PAF bought J-10s to counter the French Rafales and not your underpowered half based lemon called Tej@s

Back
Top Bottom