What's new

India to buy and manufacture F-16I?

They are all the same generation fighter,no one is significantly in excess of another such as F-22 VS F16.
But air fight is a system,the fighter is only a part of it

Guys for once talk sence please. F-16i india might pick? For what? JSF-35? does that make sence? Are we having MRCA for india or pakistan? i feel shamed to even reply in this thread. Sources told that the fight is between EF typhoon and rafale. India going to make happy to everyone. More military stuffs from russia to keep them happy, while from america india buying other military stuffs, from france india might buy rafale for navy while EF typhoon will b choosen for india airforce. India got the brain and they knew how to use it. Please dont make fun of india by mentioning about F-16i sufa or whatever. Last time i seen arab's F-16 landing in india and its tire burst. That was grand landing.

Guys for once talk sence please. F-16i india might pick? For what? JSF-35? does that make sence? Are we having MRCA for india or pakistan? i feel shamed to even reply in this thread. Sources told that the fight is between EF typhoon and rafale. India going to make happy to everyone. More military stuffs from russia to keep them happy, while from america india buying other military stuffs, from france india might buy rafale for navy while EF typhoon will b choosen for india airforce. India got the brain and they knew how to use it. Please dont make fun of india by mentioning about F-16i sufa or whatever. Last time i seen arab's F-16 landing in india and its tire burst. That was grand landing.

The fight is between F-18 and Rafael.

the rest are out as they are either not ready or might be delayed.

guys please check the thread start date .. it is very old news..
and we are just close to grab rafale :sniper:

I second That.
Though it doesn't make any difference bu the AESA for MiG 35 is now ready at least for testing.

F18 is NOT navy's choice so it could me Most probable like ...
F18 for IAF
and Rafale for Navy

Both Parties are Happy US and France and Tell France - Ur Bird is Costly but still we r buying it.
124 + 76 F18
18-40 Rafale

Thats my verdict.

EF Typhoon has no political/Economical Gain. Leave it.

why are u guys discussing about an article posted in 2007 anyway?? we've gone long way since, as far as MMRCA is concerned. As of now, its more like either F18 or Rafale. My personal choice would be F18s.

Also, India wont go for F16 bcoz IAF know Pakistan is been using F16 for quiet a while so they must know the pros, cons and weakspots of F16 very well than the IAF newbies. we need an edge over Pakistani F16s -thatz the bottom line.

Dear Xebox,

Why do u think F18 is better than Mig35 or ER? Do we have any comparison chart for the MMCRA competetors?

I'm quite sure Rafale would not win as it is mainly a naval air superiority fighter when we are looking for air force. May be it is slightly modified to multirole but basically it is a fighter in its heart.

But How F18 or ER or Mig35 fare in multirole capacity?

Sorry i dont agree with you buddy. India will pick up F-18 just because top jet fighters bit late? i dont think india will waste 10+ billion dollars on F-18 just because some jet fighters are delayed. F-18 is past thing soon. JSF-35 is big thing. What india getting in F-18? Full ToT? theres nothing. Its just a old jet fighter ready to phase out soon. Rafale is for navy and EF is for indian airforce.

fa-18 is a useless fighter - it only got produced cause the US navy did not accept the F-16 which was superior.

well if i had the choice and the politics in favor.,,, foget the f16 i would shurely go for the mig35 for PAF. but never mind

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom