What's new

India tests Astra BVRAAM

AstraUpdate.jpg

So, ASTRA-2 will have 130 km. range..:yahoo:

Seems like that, :yahoo:

But you never know, when that also FAILS, there is always bigger range promise in Mk#3:woot:

BTW thanks Titanium for the link..

:D

Seems like that, :yahoo:

But you never know, when that also FAILS, there is always bigger range promise in Mk#3:woot:

:D

Mk-3 is also on cards ..:yahoo::yahoo:

We should target for atleast 180 Kms. for ASTRA-3...

What a series of BVRAM

ASTRA-1 - 80 Km.
ASTRA-2 - 130 Km.
ASTRA -3- 180 Km.

And these coupled with Brahmos, Nirbhay and K-100 , AIM-120D/METEOR will create a havoc in enemy's territory..
Oh i forgot Anti--radiation missiles..well in the next post..

BTW Titanium , Thanks yaar..i didnot know we had plans for ASTRA-3...

^^ You cannot exactly say that coz that was first posted by me ..:azn:

I know that.. I was just making the poor soul comfortable..
Very Few like his posts , it seems..Just look at his record..

DRDO to work on Astra Mk.2 from next year

Glitches found in recently test fired Astra Mk.1 might have drawn up un expected results for DRDO ,but it seems that Scientist have already found the real cause which turned out to be compatibility issue of sub systems in the Missile , and problems will be sorted out before next round of trials which will began from September this year .

While DRDO is working to test fire Astra Mk1 BVR from Sukhoi su 30 MKI aircraft soon , DRDO will also start working on the advanced version of Astra termed has Astra Mk.2 from next year onwards , which will have twice the range from the current Mk.1 which currently is 80km but has tail chase of 25km only , Scientist want to maintain the same basic design frame of the missile and only with larger and improved range aspect with further improvements on the on-board senors .

Astra Mk.2 will have lesser development time then Mk.1 since most of work on enhancement on Astra will be incorporated in the missile , Russian company Agat has been the supplier of the seeker for the Astra Mk.1 ,but DRDL has been working on its own locally developed version which might replace Agat supplied seeker in near future .

Astra Mk.1 will be main BVR missile for Lca-Tejas and also be integrated into Sukhoi su 30 MKI, Mirage 2000 and Mig-29 . Sukhoi su 30 MKI will be the first aircraft to actually fire the missile and has already carried out captive trials on board MKI successfully .
Categories : India

DRDO to work on Astra Mk.2 from next year

Glitches found in recently test fired Astra Mk.1 might have drawn up un expected results for DRDO ,but it seems that Scientist:woot: have already found the real cause which turned out to be compatibility issue of sub systems in the Missile ,

Really sad to see the failure, but I think it was expected. When you throw in incompatible system bought from different vendors, it will always result IN FAILURES:what:. Expecting different results, when you do the same idiotic thing again and agian, like in arjun, lca ETC is plain DODO.

, DRDO will also start working on the advanced version of Astra termed has Astra Mk.2 from next year onwards ,

Best of Luck:wave:

which will have twice the range from the current Mk.1 which currently is 80km but has tail chase of 25km only , Scientist :hitwall:want to maintain the same basic design frame of the missile and only with larger and improved range aspect with further improvements on the on-board senors .

Are these DODO's jokers?, same basic frame with improved sensors make twice the range:no:

Wow, Astra Mk2??? With Even Better range and Speed??? Wonderful News Buddy....

Really sad to see the failure, but I think it was expected. When you throw in incompatible system bought from different vendors, it will always result IN FAILURES:what:. Expecting different results, when you do the same idiotic thing again and agian, like in arjun, lca ETC is plain DODO.

Are these DODO's jokers?, same basic frame with improved sensors make twice the range:no:

All your posts are to denigrate my country, put down us but its ok because atleast my country is helping u to rave and rant and also increase ur post count. So enjoy. :pop: waiting for ur next rant.

All your posts are to denigrate my country, put down us but its ok because atleast my country is helping u to rave and rant and also increase ur post count. So enjoy. :pop: waiting for ur next rant.

I don't know why you feel denigrate/shameful for the stupidity of DODO:blink:

Do pointing out obvious, is now putting down??

THERE WERE SOME DESIGN DECISIONS WHICH WERE PLAIN FOOLISH TO BEGIN WITH, LIKE COPYING THE OUTDATED FRAME OF MATRA 530. CHOOSING UNRELIABLE SEEKER IS PUTTING DOWN:undecided:

:lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl:

I don't know why you feel denigrate/shameful for the stupidity of DODO:blink:

Do pointing out obvious, is now putting down??

THERE WERE SOME DESIGN DECISIONS WHICH WERE PLAIN FOOLISH TO BEGIN WITH, LIKE COPYING THE OUTDATED FRAME OF MATRA 530. CHOOSING UNRELIABLE SEEKER IS PUTTING DOWN:undecided:

alright can you tell me what degree you have on missile building system and defence to comment about the design flaws on the missile??? if so then you are a geneous may be you should start contributing some for you nation it reaally needs einstines like you . i reaaly respect the fact the you have been pointing out tons of flaws in indian equipments and stuff. a serious note, we dont need experts like you, we are happy with our scientist who according to you have built nothing but junk , which or further note have won us 3 out of 4 wars. and if you think that it has a lot of design flaws or a copy cat version .then be it ... i hope you say all that the day it is aimed at your butt.. and i seriously wonder if the institute you learned missile technology calles DRDO ,dodo, i worder what they call you ehh may be TINtanium... and i wont be surprised if they call you that,looking at all your expert comments...

Last edited:
alright can you tell me what degree you have on missile building system and defence to comment about the design flaws on the missile???

DUMB:tdown:

There is no degree in missile building:rofl::rofl:

If you do have come across about DODO having such, can you please put it up here.

if so then you are a geneous may be you should start contributing some for you nation it reaally needs einstines like you i reaaly respect the fact the you have been pointing out tons of flaws in indian equipments and stuff

First learn to use proper spelling:police:

a serious note, we dont need experts like you, we are happy with our scientist who according to you have built nothing but junk ,

Am not offering the services either, just pointing out the idiocy.

if you think that it has a lot of design flaws or a copy cat version .then be it ...

Fine with me, as long as it is not called "INDIGENOUS" :blah::blah:

so when is this indigenous missile getting inducted guys, I also came across the news, DRDO is also going ahead with the mk2 version of ASTRA bvrm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom