What's new

India hands over 88 A/C buses to Bangladesh

"Rain Man, post: 7160871, member: 145873"]And interiors of some the luxury buses in India! :)

Let's dissect some of your images shall we (no offense)?

The above is a picture of a seven-star multi-axle (three axle) super luxury bus by SVLL Scania (Siddhi Vinayak Logistics Ltd. - SCANIA JV). This is _the_ epitome of luxury travel in India. By comparison what @Shimz posted is normal three star luxury buses in Bangladesh in local use everyday - by the hundreds. The expectation of our passengers is just a bit higher. And we don't need SCANIA JV to put in 'new' luxury, has been there for ages. Not comparing apples to apples here.

The above are CBU imported buses (not Made in India) used by OLIVEA Travels - who are known as cheats and thugs. This is a notorious scam outfit. Those in India - beware!

Again - Siddhi Vinayak Logistics Ltd., These SVLL buses were designed by Dilip Chhabria (DC) and the service is called SVLL Connect. These are super luxury segment again.

This is an Ashok Leyland 'Luxura Magical India Bus' - which was a one-off concept vehicle not in production even, much less being in revenue service. If it was produced then it would be used as a special charter - and not daily revenue service.

The above is not an Indian bus - 'Scania Touring' made in China by Higer Bus.

The above is not an Indian bus. It's the image of a 'Northstar 788' - a bus operated by Northstar Transport Inc. of the Philippines. Locally made in the Philippines with HINO Chassis.

The above is the image of a Leapliner luxury bus that travels from Boston to NYC on a daily basis. Not an Indian bus. Leave it to your chhota aukat Internet copy-pasters from India to claim it as Indian.

The two Indian super luxury buses shown above as Made in India are highly customized one-off projects made for replacing airline travel. Very few companies like this exist in India (e.g. SVLL and OLIVEA). These are essentially large limousines for hire which are many times more exclusive and luxurious than daily revenue vehicles - unlike what @Shimz showed above about Bangladeshi buses. We should be comparing apples with apples.

I didn't say those buses are only from Indian companies, we are not comparing that because Bangladesh doesn't make any buses, but these kind of buses operate in India. And I also mentioned that those are luxury buses, not for daily city travel. Though the AC buses that we have for daily travel are also very good.

For everyone's benefit - let's clarify something.

AL _bought_ 'OPTARE commercial/electric vehicles' in the UK (above examples are OPTARE's UK designed products especially the SOLO) and is planning to upgrade their bus and truck lines in India using OPTARE's modern designs. OPTARE was going to go bankrupt and AL jumped in and bought the company at a discount price. Works well for their markets in India.

Here's the real story,

Ashok Leyland to bring Optare electric buses to India - Team-BHP

However they should tread lightly. If marketing to Euro and North American markets, saying 'Indian made' is like a death-knell. No one who cares about a quality product will buy things branded that way. See the OPTARE badging above? Does it say Ashok Leyland anywhere? No.

That's why you never see 'Tata' mentioned anywhere near a Jaguar- Land Rover showroom. Even the salespeople sometimes deny it. It's a bad brand image.

These types of purchases by Indian firms only benefit their home markets by technology infusion. Same reason why Tata bought Daewoo's truck division.

Aarey bhai, for everyone's benefit, Optare now is a Ashok Leyland company, that's it! :)

Kehne ka Harz hai kya?

As if this is some great untruth...foisted on innocent Indians by rogue scheming Bangladeshis....

It's simply not me - go ask any Bangladeshi on the streets - especially truck/bus operators, drivers, riders and everyone else. It is ground reality. I'm just pointing it out. A little harsh to hear but it is what it is...

South Asia, including India is known for overloading and bad roads, and Tata & Ashok Leyland buses work fine without breaking apart, your photo of one truck with broken axle after an accident with a bus proves nothing. Indian trucks may not be as good as Volvo, but they don't cost like Volvo either.

Besides, cost of maintanance is much lower in terms of service charges and cost of spare parts compared to those western trucks. A road side garrage with low-skilled service guy can fix a Tata or Ashok Leyland trucks, one would need trained engineers with high end equipment to fix those Volvos and Mercs.

However, companies like Tata, Ashok Leyland, Mahindra, etc. are coming up with western design trucks at a lower cost, you can give it a try. I am posting some pictures below.

Last edited:
The expectation of our passengers is just a bit higher.

And again, so far the pictures of buses in Bangladesh shows nothing extraordinary, there is barely anything to support your claim. :)

Indian Ac seats :D View attachment 222405View attachment 222424 L View attachment 222406 View attachment 222407 Bangladeshi Non Ac seatsView attachment 222411 View attachment 222414 View attachment 222422 View attachment 222422 Lets Stick to the majority usage rather then bringing on something which is not high in number
Lets not compare with our Ac segment seats :D

What is so extraordinary about those Bangladeshi seats? Those are just standard seats in tacky colours!! You or @Bilal9 think that there is anything out of the world about them? Just standard seats made of cheap material, and you guys are talking as if those are handcrafted Italian leather!

@Bilal9 TATA is the world's 4th largest bus manufacturer (As per TATA website, though Wikipedia says it is fourth-largest truck manufacturer, and second-largest bus manufacturer by volume) with exports in dozens of foreign countries, TATA also own some of the leading international brands in automobile sector. Tata Motors has auto manufacturing and assembly plants in Jamshedpur, Pantnagar, Lucknow, Sanand, Dhanwad and Pune in India, as well as in Argentina, South Africa, Thailand, and the United Kingdom. It has research and development centres in Pune, Jamshedpur, Lucknow, and Dharwad, India, and in South Korea, Spain, and the United Kingdom.

Now TATA has launched a new line in truck segment, check this:

Tata Prima | Tata Tippers | Tractor Trailers in India

Tata Prima Truck | Tractor & Trailers - India | Trucks in India

gallery01.jpg

gallery02.jpg

gallery03.jpg

gallery04.jpg

gallery05.jpg

And new TATA Divo, Marcopolo and Starbus. :)

903120d1331791522-detailed-look-tatas-divo-starbus-ultra-buses-tata-divo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

TataMotors-AE-pic-7.jpg

Last edited:
Ashok Leyland Trucks:

Founded in 1948, it is the 2nd largest commercial vehicle manufacturer in India, 4th largest manufacturer of buses in the world and 16th largest manufacturer of trucks globally. Operating six plants, Ashok Leyland also makes spare parts and engines for industrial and marine applications. (As per Wiki).

ashok-leyland-u-2516t.jpg

Ashok_Leyland-3121_mp898_pic_58139.jpg

ashok-leyland.jpg

253108-commercial-vehicle-thread-4921_heavy.jpg

ashok-leyland_newgen_wallpapers_1.jpg

ashok-leyland-u-4023-tt.jpg

AL-pic-3.jpg

wallpaper_2_1024x768.jpg

"Rain Man, post: 7160871, member: 145873"]And interiors of some the luxury buses in India! :)

Let's dissect some of your images shall we (no offense)?

The above is a picture of a seven-star multi-axle (three axle) super luxury bus by SVLL Scania (Siddhi Vinayak Logistics Ltd. - SCANIA JV). This is _the_ epitome of luxury travel in India. By comparison what @Shimz posted is normal three star luxury buses in Bangladesh in local use everyday - by the hundreds. The expectation of our passengers is just a bit higher. And we don't need SCANIA JV to put in 'new' luxury, has been there for ages. Not comparing apples to apples here.

The above are CBU imported buses (not Made in India) used by OLIVEA Travels - who are known as cheats and thugs. This is a notorious scam outfit. Those in India - beware!

Again - Siddhi Vinayak Logistics Ltd., These SVLL buses were designed by Dilip Chhabria (DC) and the service is called SVLL Connect. These are super luxury segment again.

This is an Ashok Leyland 'Luxura Magical India Bus' - which was a one-off concept vehicle not in production even, much less being in revenue service. If it was produced then it would be used as a special charter - and not daily revenue service.

The above is not an Indian bus - 'Scania Touring' made in China by Higer Bus.

The above is not an Indian bus. It's the image of a 'Northstar 788' - a bus operated by Northstar Transport Inc. of the Philippines. Locally made in the Philippines with HINO Chassis.

The above is the image of a Leapliner luxury bus that travels from Boston to NYC on a daily basis. Not an Indian bus. Leave it to your chhota aukat Internet copy-pasters from India to claim it as Indian.

The two Indian super luxury buses shown above as Made in India are highly customized one-off projects made for replacing airline travel. Very few companies like this exist in India (e.g. SVLL and OLIVEA). These are essentially large limousines for hire which are many times more exclusive and luxurious than daily revenue vehicles - unlike what @Shimz showed above about Bangladeshi buses. We should be comparing apples with apples.

Btw @Bilal9 what bus it is?

vfgr-jpg.221578

And again, so far the pictures of buses in Bangladesh shows nothing extraordinary, there is barely anything to support your claim. :)

What is so extraordinary about those Bangladeshi seats? Those are just standard seats in tacky colours!! You or @Bilal9 think that there is anything out of the world about them? Just standard seats made of cheap material, and you guys are talking as if those are handcrafted Italian leather!
Did you see the comparison scale? It was between Ac and Non ac
I wish i could send one parcel to you so you can't feel the comfort which it gives!
You could understand what materials were used to build
This is the problem i don't like some of the Indian's cause you speak shit without knowing anything and keep on saying like"You are poor" thus you can't get anything good or whatever
Lets just not go into the material stuff cause i promise you won't understand
Just look at the seats which are being used in your volvo's and scania's...despite of having such a big stage in your country still you are being unable to just bring the interior on shape to look good...!Interior still looks the same as it was at the beginning with volvo b7r i guess! You look back and you will understand!

Btw @Bilal9 what bus it is?

vfgr-jpg.221578
Hyundai Universe Noble!!

I didn't say those buses are only from Indian companies, we are not comparing that because Bangladesh doesn't make any buses, but these kind of buses operate in India. And I also mentioned that those are luxury buses, not for daily city travel. Though the AC buses that we have for daily travel are also very good.

Aarey bhai, for everyone's benefit, Optare now is a Ashok Leyland company, that's it! :)

South Asia, including India is known for overloading and bad roads, and Tata & Ashok Leyland buses work fine without breaking apart, your photo of one truck with broken axle after an accident with a bus proves nothing. Indian trucks may not be as good as Volvo, but they don't cost like Volvo either.

Besides, cost of maintanance is much lower in terms of service charges and cost of spare parts compared to those western trucks. A road side garrage with low-skilled service guy can fix a Tata or Ashok Leyland trucks, one would need trained engineers with high end equipment to fix those Volvos and Mercs.

However, companies like Tata, Ashok Leyland, Mahindra, etc. are coming up with western design trucks at a lower cost, you can give it a try. I am posting some pictures below.
I am surprised! What you mean by "LUXURY" buses?
Our luxury buses go for trip everyday of wider range from Scania,volvo,benz,man,hyundai and alot more
Despite of having to pay more still we can afford to run those buses!

This is the problem i don't like some of the Indian's cause you speak shit without knowing anything and keep on saying like"You are poor" thus you can't get anything good or whatever
Just look at the seats which are being used in your volvo's and scania's...despite of having such a big stage in your country still you are being unable to just bring the interior on shape to look good...!Interior still looks the same as it was at the beginning with volvo b7r i guess! You look back and you will understand!

Your AC bus seats are also nothing extraordinary. And how those are superior in any way to the buses of Indian luxury bus operators? Check again: indian luxury bus interiors - Google Search

Hyundai Universe Noble!!

And what it is?

1015844d1353157948-best-inter-city-bus-configuration-4298199320_30a73c12c9_z.jpg

I wish i could send one parcel to you so you can't feel the comfort which it gives!
You could understand what materials were used to build

Hyundai Universe Noble!!

Our luxury buses go for trip everyday of wider range from Scania,volvo,benz,man,hyundai and alot more
Actually its all about public demand :D

What made you think that Indian bus operators don't buy foreign buses? Some of the foreign bus manufacturers even have plants in India.

Actually its all about public demand :D

What public demand? Bangladesh don't have much of quality train or air service for travelling within their country, bus is their only option. We don't prefer bus for long distance travel. :)

Your AC bus seats are also nothing extraordinary. And how those are superior in any way to the buses of Indian luxury bus operators? Check again: indian luxury bus interiors - Google Search

And what it is?

1015844d1353157948-best-inter-city-bus-configuration-4298199320_30a73c12c9_z.jpg
I think this the old version hyundai universe which are in use to transport the hyundai officials in India and nothing more than this! Nothing proves that it's in India and that team bhp logo can be stamp in various ways so i hope.... :)

I think this the old version hyundai universe which are in use to transport the hyundai officials in India and nothing more than this! Nothing proves that it's in India and that team bhp logo can be stamp in various ways so i hope.... :)

I can say something like that for all those photos of supposedly "Bangladeshi buses"!! :)

@Bilal9

What made you think that Indian bus operators don't buy foreign buses? Some of the foreign bus manufacturers even have plants in India.

What public demand? Bangladesh don't have much of quality train or air service for travelling within their country, bus is their only option. We don't prefer bus for long distance travel. :)
Hahaha! Funny again saying plz quite if you don;t know :) 400km seems to much distance? Its a small country ;) Don't know much about train so thus sorry i can't tell you much about this sector but Air service is good!They provide good service i heard!How many times do i need to tell you that its a small country we don't need wide range of private airways to support the air way...It doesn't even take an hour to travel from Dhaka to anywhere in the country so bus is a good choice with that comfort and instead of using Airplane you can rather use luxurious B class Ac coach of any brand at half of the price!
I have picture of some of the private airplanes
But on road service is better then India ;)
Providing comfort+ using wide range of brands
reaching everywhere all across the country where possible so proves :)
S2-AHA-Regent-Airways-De-Havilland-Canada-DHC-8-300_PlanespottersNet_374213.jpg
557248_577337928981404_15119624_n.jpg
1796744_282302948613289_2040129314_o.jpg
D-AHXA-Regent-Airways-Boeing-737-700_PlanespottersNet_363640.jpg
S2-AFW-United-Airways-Airbus-A310-300_PlanespottersNet_370007.jpg
1920201_633699936678536_2066296991_n.jpg
11156244_847285192032650_151866211844487963_n.jpg

10524740_614261742015359_8848174014189206907_n.jpg
regent-airways.jpg
11137111_839729669408894_5397443848300615837_n.jpg

Do you think its a secret that you guys have scania,benz even volvo in the country i would say this the reason you can afford buses at low cost otherwise it would have been fun to see you people travelling :D Its just some of our private companies who imported directly from buyers and started the old era!
Except the engine nothing is western mind it ;) You make the interior ans exterior within your demand and thus you can afford those buses but we get to drectly import as factory made so adding few more safety or performance feature the price goes high and causes difficulty to bring in more in numbers at a time! Scania was brought from Malaysia in the year 2004! That time 30 units were imported....Seats had indivisual tv,massage system,food trey and auto seat adjust system
All those buses got huge response from the citizens and thus recent scenario is so much developed! In earlydays i mean 1990-2005, Mercedes benz double decker,volvo double decker,Man scania,volvo,hino(Imported rm2 ac from malaysia)were imported whereas in India there was only volvo b7r and some other brands

Hahaha! Funny again saying plz quite if you don;t know :) 400km seems to much distance? Its a small country ;) Don't know much about train so thus sorry i can't tell you much about this sector but Air service is good!They provide good service i heard!How many times do i need to tell you that its a small country we don't need wide range of private airways to support the air way...It doesn't even take an hour to travel from Dhaka to anywhere in the country so bus is a good choice with that comfort and instead of using Airplane you can rather use luxurious B class Ac coach of any brand at half of the price!
I have picture of some of the private airplanes
But on road service is better then India ;)
Providing comfort+ using wide range of brands
reaching everywhere all across the country where possible so proves :)

I didn't expect you to post pictures of aeroplanes here!! I just said that bus is your primary, rather only option, not for us. :)

View attachment 222533 View attachment 222534 View attachment 222535

Do you think its a secret that you guys have scania,benz even volvo in the country i would say this the reason you can afford buses at low cost otherwise it would have been fun to see you people travelling :D Its just some of our private companies who imported directly from buyers and started the old era!
Except the engine nothing is western mind it ;) You make the interior ans exterior within your demand and thus you can afford those buses but we get to drectly import as factory made so adding few more safety or performance feature the price goes high and causes difficulty to bring in more in numbers at a time! Scania was brought from Malaysia in the year 2004! That time 30 units were imported....Seats had indivisual tv,massage system,food trey and auto seat adjust system
All those buses got huge response from the citizens and thus recent scenario is so much developed! In earlydays i mean 1990-2005, Mercedes benz double decker,volvo double decker,Man scania,volvo,hino(Imported rm2 ac from malaysia)were imported whereas in India there was only volvo b7r and some other brands

No, we have manufacturing plants producing full body buses! :)

List of automotive plants in India

State
Location Manufacturer Class
Andhra Pradesh Sri City Isuzu Motors Commercial vehicles
Andhra Pradesh Satyavedu Hero MotoCorp Two wheelers
Telangana Zahirabad Mahindra & Mahindra Commercial vehicles
Haryana Dharuhera Hero Honda Two wheelers
Haryana Gurgaon Harley-Davidson India Two wheelers
Haryana Gurgaon [1] Hero Honda Two wheelers
Haryana Faridabad [2] India Yamaha Motor Private Limited Two wheelers
Haryana Manesar [3] Honda Two wheelers
Haryana Gurgaon [4] Suzuki Two wheelers
Haryana Gurgaon Maruti Suzuki Passenger vehicles
Haryana Manesar [5] Maruti Suzuki Passenger vehicles
Himachal Pradesh Nalagarh [6] TVS Motors Two wheelers
Himachal Pradesh Amb [7] International Cars & Motors Limited Passenger vehicles
Himachal Pradesh Parwanoo [8] TAFE Tractors Commercial vehicles
Jharkhand Jamshedpur[9] Tata Motors Commercial vehicles
Madhya Pradesh Pithampur [10] Mahindra & Mahindra Two wheelers
Madhya Pradesh Pithampur [11] Eicher Motors Commercial vehicles
Madhya Pradesh Pithampur [12] Hindustan Motors Commercial vehicles
Madhya Pradesh Pithampur MAN Force Trucks Private Limited Commercial vehicles
Madhya Pradesh Mandideep [8] TAFE Tractors Commercial vehicles
Madhya Pradesh Pithampur CNH Industrial Excavators,back hoe loaders.
Punjab Nawanshahar[13] SML Isuzu Limited Commercial vehicles
Punjab Hoshiarpur [14] International Tractors Limited (Sonalika Group) Farm Tractors & Agri Equipments
Rajasthan Tapukara [15] Honda Cars India Passenger vehicles
Rajasthan Alwar [16] Ashok Leyland Limited Commercial vehicles
Rajasthan Alwar[8] TAFE Tractors Commercial vehicles
Rajasthan Neemrana [17] Hero MotoCorp Two wheelers
Rajasthan Tapukara [3] Honda Two wheelers
Rajasthan Jaipur Mahindra & Mahindra Farm Tractors
Uttar Pradesh Surajpur [2] India Yamaha Motor Private Limited Two wheelers
Uttar Pradesh Greater Noida [15] Honda Siel Cars India Passenger vehicles
Uttar Pradesh Greater Noida [18] New Holland Agriculture / CHN TACTORS
Uttar Pradesh Lucknow [9] Tata Motors Commercial vehicles
Uttarakhand Haridwar [1] Hero Honda Two wheelers
Uttarakhand Pantnagar [19] Bajaj Auto Two wheelers
Uttarakhand Pantnagar[16] Ashok Leyland Commercial vehicles
Uttarakhand Pantnagar[9] Tata Motors Commercial vehicles
Uttarakhand Haridwar Mahindra & Mahindra Commercial vehicles
Karnataka Mysore [6] TVS Motor Two wheelers
Karnataka Narasapura Honda Motorcycles Two wheelers
Karnataka Bangalore [20] Mahindra REVA Electric Vehicles Passenger vehicles
Karnataka Bidadi [21] Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited Passenger vehicles
Karnataka Bangalore [21] Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited Passenger vehicles
Karnataka Bangalore [22] Scania Commercial Vehicles India Private Limited Commercial vehicles
Karnataka Doddaballapur [8] TAFE Tractors Commercial vehicles
Karnataka Dharwad [9] Tata Motors Commercial vehicles
Karnataka Hoskote [23] Volvo Buses India Private Limited Commercial vehicles
Tamil Nadu Hosur[6] TVS Motor Two wheelers
Tamil Nadu Chennai [24] Royal Enfield Two wheelers
Tamil Nadu Chennai Yamaha Two wheelers
Tamil Nadu Chennai Daimler Manufactures trucks and buses
Tamil Nadu Chennai BMW India Passenger vehicles
Tamil Nadu Maraimalai Nagar [25] Ford India Private Limited Passenger vehicles
Tamil Nadu Sriperumbudur [26] Hyundai Motor India Limited Passenger vehicles
Tamil Nadu Tiruvallur [12] Mitsubishi Passenger vehicles
Tamil Nadu Oragadam [27] Renault India Private Limited Passenger vehicles
Tamil Nadu Oragadam [28] Nissan Motor India Private Limited Passenger vehicles
Tamil Nadu Ennore [16] Ashok Leyland Commercial vehicles
Tamil Nadu Hosur [16] Ashok Leyland Commercial vehicles
Tamil Nadu Oragadam BharatBenz Commercial vehicles
Tamil Nadu Hosur[29] Kamaz Vectra Motors Limited Commercial vehicles
Tamil Nadu Chennai [8] TAFE Tractors Commercial vehicles
Tamil Nadu Kalladipatti [8] TAFE Tractors Commercial vehicles
Tamil Nadu Hosur[6] TVS Motor Commercial vehicles
Tamil Nadu Thiruvallur[30] Caterpillar India Pvt. Ltd. Commercial vehicles
Tamil Nadu Thiruvallur Hindustan Motors Passenger vehicles
West Bengal Hindmotor [12] Hindustan Motors Passenger/Commercial
Gujarat Halol [31] General Motors India Private Limited Passenger vehicles
Gujarat Sanand[9] Tata Motors Passenger vehicles
Gujarat Bhuj[32] Asia Motor Works AMW Commercial vehicles
Gujarat Sanand ford motors Passenger vehicles
Maharashtra Baramati (Pune) Piaggio & C. SpA Two wheelers
Maharashtra Pune, Ahmednagar [33] Kinetic Engineering Limited Two wheelers
Maharashta Talegaon Dabhade [34] General Motors India Private Limited Passenger vehicles
Maharashta Talegaon Dabhade [35] CASE NEW HOLLAND INDIA Agriculture Equipment,combines
Maharashta Ranjangaon [36] Tata Motors Passenger vehicles
Maharashta Pune [37] Fiat India Automobiles Limited Passenger vehicles
Maharashtra Nashik [38] Mahindra & Mahindra Passenger vehicles
Maharashtra Chakan (Pune) [39] Mercedes-Benz India Passenger vehicles
Maharashtra Pimpri-Chinchwad (Pune) [40] Premier Automobiles Limited Passenger vehicles
Maharashtra Pimpri-Chinchwad (Pune) [9] Jaguar & Land Rover [41] Passenger vehicles
Maharashtra Aurangabad [42] Audi India Passenger vehicles
Maharashtra Aurangabad [43] Skoda Auto India Private Limited Passenger vehicles
Maharashtra Chakan (Pune) [44] Volkswagen India Private Limited Passenger vehicles
Maharashtra Bhandara[16] Ashok Leyland Commercial vehicles
Maharashtra Kandivali, Mumbai Mahindra & Mahindra Passenger vehicles, Farm Tractors
Maharashtra Pimpri-Chinchwad (Pune) [19] Bajaj Auto Commercial vehicles
Maharashtra Chakan (Pune) [45] Force Motors Commercial vehicles
Maharashtra Chakan (Pune) [46] Mahindra Navistar Commercial vehicles
Maharashtra Chakan (Pune) [45] Force Motors Commercial vehicles
Maharashtra Pimpri Chinchwad (Pune) [40] Premier Automobiles Limited Commercial vehicles
Maharashtra Nagpur Mahindra & Mahindra Farm Tractor

List of vehicle plants in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Automotive industry in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a short period of time after liberalization, India has emerged as Asia's third largest exporter of passenger cars, behind Japan and South Korea, second fastest growing automobile market in the world (after China), and sixth largest passenger car and commercial vehicle manufacturing industry in the world! In 2011, there were 3,695 factories producing automotive parts in all of India.

:)

Now enjoy this crazy bus stunt show from Finland! :)

Back
Top Bottom