What's new

India hands over 88 A/C buses to Bangladesh

I'm really getting bored with this.

Every one of those new truck designs from Tata (that you pasted images of) was in the Loser Daewoo Truck line-up before Tata bought loser bankrupt Daewoo.

It's not like Tata designed these trucks or anything. Tata bought Daewoo so they could improve their truck lineup. The old Mercedes based designs were getting too long in the tooth.

So what's changed - other than slapping the Tata badge on it? Nothing. Same loser truck product that made Daewoo go bankrupt in the first place.

Might impress the Indian truck buyer used to shoddy products. Not in our corner of the world.

Same with Tata Marcopolo bus and Starbus lineup. Someday it will have bang-for-the-rupee I guess....

And have you no shame??

Comparing a vedic superpower of a country with ours? We have roughly half the GDP of India (though admittedly more toilets per capita).

Sharm ki baat....

Stupid argument, Tata owns Daewoo heavy vehicles business, just like the way GM owns many brands, when you own something, it's yours.

Might impress the Indian truck buyer used to shoddy products. Not in our corner of the world.

You know your country is too poor and too underdeveloped and too insignificant to brag like this? It's Bangladesh, not a Scandinavian country! In "Your corner of the world" truck drivers don't really drive multi-axle air-conditioned Mercedes trucks, you need to come to your senses.

We have roughly half the GDP of India

No, you don't.

Apna-ko is tarha sharm dena to sahih nahi hai,

see following link - it's a Filipino bus service called Northstar....this is not in India (as I stated before). Copy-pasting is a bad habit....looks like a local filipino intercity bus built on a Hyundai chassis (but not Hyundai Universe).

Inside Northstar 788 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Yeah, a Filipino bus operator can have such bus interiors, a Bangladeshi bus can have such bus interiors (as shown), but an Indian bus operator can't have such bus interiors, anything else? Now you will say my car is not my car because such a car was seen on Singapore roads.

Garbage times infinity is simply more Garbage.

Your products are good for use in your country and not for ours.

The place for an overwhelming majority Indian transport products in our country is where the Aam Janta (Apamor JonoShadharon) will use it meaning low-grade basic transports. This is not an insult. a majority of the demand is in that segment where in-town buses, short distance commuter transport etc. Unfortunately even there Indian transport products fail to live up to basic expectations for a basic product.

For city usage average US-origin buses (Progoti-assembled 'Superior' buses in Bangladesh) live up to twenty some odd years, Japanese buses (Isuzu, Hino chassis) live at least ten years. Even Chinese buses live at least five to seven years locally.

For Indian buses the average life here is less than two years. I think that people have a reason to have beef with that.

Cheating and fraud is the lifeblood of Indian transport products and Indian engineering with very few exceptions. It is not just us saying it, it is known in India itself.

When HANIF Bus lines (Bangladesh) had a need for importing Volvo B9R 9400XL Multi-axle buses, they went and imported from Sweden and not from India. If people hear its an Indian bus, they're not going to get on it. Plain and Simple.

Soon they will import 9700 series as well.

BTW Chinese buses will soon take over the market in India. The cost and value proposition is simply unparalleled by anything India makes.

We may have a reason for not making bus chassis - the size of our market. What's India's excuse for not living up to world standards and scale on that (a la China)?

Take a look at how many companies make buses in China (not auto-rickshaws, not two-wheelers, not shitty 800cc death-traps and certainly not bus bodies being banged on at roadside dhabas). They make sh*t that doesn't even exist as a category in India - like tri-articulated buses and luxury double-decker commuters.

Try to live up to that scale.

buses and coaches-china buses,china coaches,china buses price,china buses picture-www.chinabuses.org

For Indian buses the average life here is less than two years. I think that people have a reason to have beef with that.

We are not responsible for general lack of quality education and technical knowledge among Bangladeshis, what can we do if they don't know how to maintain a bus?

When HANIF Bus lines (Bangladesh) had a need for importing Volvo B9R 9400XL Multi-axle buses, they went and imported from Sweden and not from India. If people hear its an Indian bus, they're not going to get on it. Plain and Simple.

More bragging, only this time it was busted by your own countryman! Below........! :)

This buses were imported from India(Volvo Asian Plant)

BTW - just to clarify, Volvo 9400xl models are not 'made' in India. They 'build' bus bodies in the Bangalore plant on top of imported chassis and engine which is done all over in tens of thousands of roadside workshops and Dhabas in India. But 'build' won't be the right word. They basically glue panels to frames using industrial automotive adhesives - instead of welding them. I don't know how long glued panels would last in Bangladesh weather...Good Luck Hanif....

More garbage!

buses - buses : Volvo Buses India

chassis - Chassis : Volvo Buses India

there are more extremists on your side of the border than ours. Ours is a secular govt. unlike yours with a semi-militant Hindu agenda.

Off topic, but did any other atheist or Hindu blogger got butchered last week in your "Secular" Bangladesh? :)

We gave millions of our lives for nothing but a simple language. Then your coward troops come in at the last minute and take credit.

Thank god that the coward troops came to your rescue, otherwise rest of the millions would have to give their lives too! Btw, open a new thread if you want to discuss this.

On your side - the best struggle is, stopping eating.

Quite ironically, your people were mostly invisible during the freedom movement against British, were they too coward to face the British?

Feel free to open a fresh thread and tag me. Here this discussion is off-topic.

I think this thread has outlived its purpose.

The short an skinny is....India has always been the source of too many shoddy products in the world. I would not touch Indian engineered products with a ten-foot pole.

Your manufacturers cut so many corners that they can't be called even Asian class - forget world class. This is done to bring costs down as your market is hyper-sensitive to a fault for purchase price-point.

This is especially true for capital machinery especially textile machinery or revenue earning vehicles like buses and taxis.

Ask the unfortunate investors in our country who started with an Indian-sourced textile plant and/or the shoddy taxis that lasted about a year on Dhaka roads. Those guys are really close to enrolling in depression-intervention treatment.

We are not responsible for general lack of quality education and technical knowledge among Bangladeshis, what can we do if they don't know how to maintain a bus?

Really? Is this lame thing all you could have as a comeback?? When we've been maintaining the best vehicles like HINO and any other Japanese brands? We have maintained locally made multi-axle buses for far longer (since early nineties) than in India. Your forebears rode around at that time in those smokey and sh!tty Ashok Leyland buses built on truck chassis. You guys only now (in the last decade) have a few nice buses with nice seats, so... salay India-bhi Amrika ho gaya.:rolleyes1:

Talk about aukat...

Stupid argument, Tata owns Daewoo heavy vehicles business, just like the way GM owns many brands, when you own something, it's yours.

You know your country is too poor and too underdeveloped and too insignificant to brag like this? It's Bangladesh, not a Scandinavian country! In "Your corner of the world" truck drivers don't really drive multi-axle air-conditioned Mercedes trucks, you need to come to your senses.
Hahahah...more garbage comments...!Stop googling and if you can then come and have a look at us! You need to understand to lead a simple life our countrymen needs to work so hard and this is because the country is small and the price of every thing is comparatively higher then India! You know how big is India?How much got developed?Plz i need to know

No, you don't.

Yeah, a Filipino bus operator can have such bus interiors, a Bangladeshi bus can have such bus interiors (as shown), but an Indian bus operator can't have such bus interiors, anything else? Now you will say my car is not my car because such a car was seen on Singapore roads.

More bragging, only this time it was busted by your own countryman! Below........! :)

More garbage!

buses - buses : Volvo Buses India

chassis - Chassis : Volvo Buses India

Off topic, but did any other atheist or Hindu blogger got butchered last week in your "Secular" Bangladesh? :)

Thank god that the coward troops came to your rescue, otherwise rest of the millions would have to give their lives too! Btw, open a new thread if you want to discuss this.

Quite ironically, your people were mostly invisible during the freedom movement against British, were they too coward to face the British?

Feel free to open a fresh thread and tag me. Here this discussion is off-topic.
Money can buy stuffs but not class just remember! Though you,me and they know tata owns them but we also know who has done what to take the company that far so use your brain rather then showing those paper works ;)

Indian's can never have such interior for everyday people and this is because the Indian's are too cheap.I am not the only one you will get saying rather you ask any bangladeshi's ;) We are poor but still we lead a more joyful life in our travelling

Problem is this brands are Indian thus you can't see any lack!Daewoo buses were imported like one year before importing those al buses but yet you will find more of those daewoo buses more then al so there should be some reason and Improting Daewoo parts are more harder then importing al parts but still they are useless! In Bangladesh,I am forced to say that Tata and Al compared to other brands are shit.......shit!! Please you don't speak,you,I guess what you call like somthing "Swami" I know thus say but when you don't know you shouldn't speak loser!

Hahaha..you just a childish old man! India is the only option to get volvo's from and the we had no more choice

Where you guys been when we were at the mid point of war? You guys came when we bangali's were almost free and we bangali's thus hate you losers for taking the credit all alone.Its not like you have taken nothing in retur rather many things got transferred under thin layer of protecting! Shoot all those paper works cause we know more then those writiers who just heard from people but we witnessed every thing

I think this thread has outlived its purpose.

The short an skinny is....India has always been the source of too many shoddy products in the world. I would not touch Indian engineered products with a ten-foot pole.

Your manufacturers cut so many corners that they can't be called even Asian class - forget world class. This is done to bring costs down as your market is hyper-sensitive to a fault for purchase price-point.

This is especially true for capital machinery especially textile machinery or revenue earning vehicles like buses and taxis.

Ask the unfortunate investors in our country who started with an Indian-sourced textile plant and/or the shoddy taxis that lasted about a year on Dhaka roads. Those guys are really close to enrolling in depression-intervention treatment.

Still your most industries, no matter how minuscule they are, are run by mostly the Indian experts using Indian machinery and expertise. Btw, which taxis you sourced from us that lasted for one year? You are increasingly making less and less sense! :)

Really? Is this lame thing all you could have as a comeback?? When we've been maintaining the best vehicles like HINO and any other Japanese brands? We have maintained locally made multi-axle buses for far longer (since early nineties) than in India. Your forebears rode around at that time in those smokey and sh!tty Ashok Leyland buses built on truck chassis. You guys only now (in the last decade) have a few nice buses with nice seats, so... salay India-bhi Amrika ho gaya.:rolleyes1:

Talk about aukat...

Just re-posting a post of @Roybot

"These buses were bought under Indian line of credit.

And Bangladeshis probably don't know, but these buses are made Ashok Leyland/Irizar JV. Irizar is a European bus manufacturing company, now even European products are not goo enough for Bangladeshis.

Let me remind the Bangladeshis of the 50 Volvos they bought from Sweden.

2011-03-09__f05.jpg

Pricey double-deckers of BRTC lie useless

Nothing is good enough for Bangladeshis, even if it is for the rest of the world..":lol:

Money can buy stuffs but not class just remember! Though you,me and they know tata owns them but we also know who has done what to take the company that far so use your brain rather then showing those paper works ;)

Indian's can never have such interior for everyday people and this is because the Indian's are too cheap.I am not the only one you will get saying rather you ask any bangladeshi's ;) We are poor but still we lead a more joyful life in our travelling

Bangladesh also doesn't use luxury buses for city routes, these are used for long routes, these designs are not suitable for city routes. Your city buses are shitty! :)

Problem is this brands are Indian thus you can't see any lack!Daewoo buses were imported like one year before importing those al buses but yet you will find more of those daewoo buses more then al so there should be some reason and Improting Daewoo parts are more harder then importing al parts but still they are useless! In Bangladesh,I am forced to say that Tata and Al compared to other brands are shit.......shit!! Please you don't speak,you,I guess what you call like somthing "Swami" I know thus say but when you don't know you shouldn't speak loser!

Hahaha..you just a childish old man! India is the only option to get volvo's from and the we had no more choice

I never said that Tata and Ashok Leyland buses are comparable to Mercedes buses, both in terms of quality and price, I am just saying that Bangladeshis also use those buses, and not ONLY Mercedes and Volvos! :) And newer models of Tata and Ashok Leyland quite comfortable also.

Where you guys been when we were at the mid point of war? You guys came when we bangali's were almost free and we bangali's thus hate you losers for taking the credit all alone.Its not like you have taken nothing in retur rather many things got transferred under thin layer of protecting! Shoot all those paper works cause we know more then those writiers who just heard from people but we witnessed every thing

We were there from the very beginning of Bangladesh freedom movement, in fact we were there even before it started. :)

And when it started, we provided you finance, arms & ammunition, people, training camps, intelligence, strategy, command and control centres, shelter to fall back, and so on.....! More importantly, we blocked all Pakistani efforts to send supply and reinforcements (including their airforce and navy) to its stranded soldiers in east, without which you guys would have been slaughtered.

Finally, we went in when we felt even that was not enough, and too many lives (your people's lives) are being lost!

And you guys bad mouth about us, you don't need be grateful, but at least don't be ungrateful ........! :)

Same with Tata Marcopolo bus and Starbus lineup. Someday it will have bang-for-the-rupee I guess....

Marcopolo makes far better buses than any Bangladeshi coach maker

Every one of those new truck designs from Tata (that you pasted images of) was in the Loser Daewoo Truck line-up before Tata bought loser bankrupt Daewoo.

It's not like Tata designed these trucks or anything. Tata bought Daewoo so they could improve their truck lineup. The old Mercedes based designs were getting too long in the tooth.

So what's changed - other than slapping the Tata badge on it? Nothing. Same loser truck product that made Daewoo go bankrupt in the first place.

Is that some sort of joke?Tata acquired Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company in 2002.Tata prima was introduced only in 2008.

BTW Chinese buses will soon take over the market in India. The cost and value proposition is simply unparalleled by anything India makes.
wouldn't ever happen.

The above is a picture of a seven-star multi-axle (three axle) super luxury bus by SVLL Scania (Siddhi Vinayak Logistics Ltd. - SCANIA JV). This is _the_ epitome of luxury travel in India.

It is based on a Scania Metrolink HD 14.5.Only the interior is modified

DSCN6692.JPG

The above are CBU imported buses (not Made in India) used by OLIVEA Travels

Again,they aren't.Those are modified Volvo 9400px

This is an Ashok Leyland 'Luxura Magical India Bus'

Ashok Leyland luxura is available as a chassis as well as fully built body

First know then speak & don't drive it reverse tho! Look at them ;) ! Deshi Made Bodies on Scania,Hino,Mitsubishi

looks ugly

Finally - they settled on some economical AC coaches and some special Railway Locomotives from CLW to avail of the Indian credit.

LHB coaches and WDM 3A locos are far more than what Bangladeshis deserve.While much of your track is still metre gauge.

I find this especially hilarious when citizens of a 'Vedic Supa Powa' gloat and jump around like pre-teen school girls over a bunch of buses and try to pronounce the superiority of their buses over ours.

Its clear that this is such a big deal over in India where things were in such sh!tty state for so long that a few good buses mean so much...:omghaha:

I find this especially hilarious when citizens of a 'Vedic Supa Powa' gloat and jump around like pre-teen school girls over a bunch of buses and try to pronounce the superiority of their buses over ours.

Its clear that this is such a big deal over in India where things were in such sh!tty state for so long that a few good buses mean so much...:omghaha:

Keep crying bong...Face the truth..Much of your buses look like the ones @Rain Man posted,your railways are still metre guage toy trains,your highways are mostly 2 lane and you cannot even engineer a proverbial moped engine...And you may continue to boast about those coasters & landing craft you make.

Indian buses are not all up to International standard yet. Their body quality improved (I'd say leapfrogged ahead) only after they made JV's with spanish bus mfrs. (Irizar etc.). Both Tata and TVS did this. Maybe others too.

What kind of BS is this ?The traditional bus manufacturers in India are Tata & Ashok Leyland.TVS is a mere bodybuilder which traditionally makes AL bodies as it is located far south.The first rear engine bus chassis were introduced by Ashok leyland in late late seventies & first fully built rear engine buses were introduced Neoplan coaches assembled by Kirloskar in the early eighties.

When Volvo entered Indian markets in the early 2000s,they made a JV with Azad for building bus bodies.Today they make their own.Sutlej made bus bodies for Mercedes Benz.Before that they use to make their own rear engine coaches & chassis-by sourcing engine from cummins,gearbox from ZF etc.these were called 'luxia's.SML makes Isuzu bus bodies

But Tata and TVS have the same sub-par power train in Tata and TVS buses. Body quality only goes so far. No offense Indian brothers. Just what you are stuck with because your Indian manufacturers want to cut corners.

Again,TVS is not a bus manufacturer.And much better powertrains are offered now

tata-marcopolo-paradiso-g7.jpg

Marcopolo Paradiso body on a Tata LPO 2038 chassis

In Bangladesh we can have better powertrain options (HINO, HYUNDAI, VOLVO, SCANIA, MAN, DEUTZ, even Chinese, which all have better and more modern power-train option than Indian products) - even if it costs a few dollars more. Bus Manufacturers and Bus-riders here are willing to pay for it. They universally look down on Indian buses because they need more maintenance (low quality parts). It is very bad PR and continues to this day.

Again,Tata & Leyland do not compete in the segments you mentioned - even Tata/AL rear engine coaches compete with SML Isuzus for tier 2 category .Tata is entering the tri axle segment,and only in this segment does they've to compete with the Scania's & Volvos.In the segments you mentioned,Indian firms prefer buying fully built Volvo/Mercedes Benz/Scania buses

I find this especially hilarious when citizens of a 'Vedic Supa Powa'

Try comparing Motor Vehicles per 1,000 people...I laughed my head off after reading the data..:lol:

Marcopolo makes far better buses than any Bangladeshi coach maker
This is Tata City bus before Marcopolo JV (built on a 1950's vintage MBZ truck chassis)...in Bangladesh called 'Murir Tin' (Murukku Container) because the sheetmetal is so flimsy and buckled all the time. Eita Bus-er kono jaat?
lankared.jpg

This is Tata City bus after Marcopolo JV
DTC_AC_Bus.jpg

As history shows - some Bhartiya genes only improve after some 'infusion' of foreign genes. Still they tried to and succeeded in cheapening the look (Indian-izing exercise) by putting in the antiquated Tata headlamps. Thanks Tata!

If we decided to make AC City buses I'm sure ours would be better because our standards are a bit higher. That's why Indian buses aren't popular in our country in general except for the absolute lower class.

While you may pretend otherwise - any visitor to India knows the condition of your quality buses and bus transportation in general (this is in Jaisalmer). But I digress - ours aren't any better. But we don't try to be delusional either...
bus-station-jaisalmere-india.jpg

More examples of your nicely designed high quality bus that burst into flames and kill all its occupants after hitting a culvert...And looks like this is a luxury AC bus...these things are death traps.
Rescuers and others gather at the site of a bus accident at Mehabubnagar district of southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, Oct. 30, 2013. Forty-five people were charred to death when a bus in which they were aboard caught fire in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday, the police said. (Xinhua/Stringer)
132845582_111n.jpg

Is that some sort of joke?Tata acquired Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company in 2002.Tata prima was introduced only in 2008.
Tata Prima as a line are identical copies of the Daewoo Truck models existing prior to the Tata Merger. It took Tata Engineers six years to introduce these model changes in India. Super-fast, like all things in India.

looks ugly
That is subjective. Pardon us for not draping it in 'Ganda flowers' or painting a saffron 'Mangal Tilak' in front of it. Which would conform to the current RSS/Shiv Sena beauty standards.

LHB coaches and WDM 3A locos are far more than what Bangladeshis deserve.While much of your track is still metre gauge.
Leave it to an Indian to dictate to us what we do and don't deserve! Thanks for the laugh! :omghaha:

Last edited:
This is Tata City bus after Marcopolo JV

Did I ever say Tata made good bus bodies before ?And FYI first bus body wasn't even made by Tata

Tata Prima as a line are identical copies of the Daewoo Truck models existing prior to the Tata Merger. It took Tata Engineers six years to introduce these model changes in India. Super-fast, like all things in India.

Nice BS troll.

If we decided to make AC City buses I'm sure ours would be better because our standards are a bit higher

Yeah right.And if you decide to attempt a mars mission,it would reach Jupiter instead,Since your 'standards' always way too high..:omghaha:

While you may pretend otherwise - any visitor to India knows the condition of your quality buses and bus transportation

No one claimed all our buses are made on Volvo Chassis.But I can post pictures of city buses in Indian tier 2/tier 3 cities which looks much better than any other in Dhaka

culvert...And looks like this is a luxury AC bus...these things are death traps.

Bangladeshi made bus on Hino Chassis after a crash.

skynews.img_.1200.745-1024x636.jpeg

Nothing to say about Motor Vehicles per 1,000 people data ?

Did I ever say Tata made good bus bodies before ?And FYI first bus body wasn't even made by Tata

I have nothing to say except the high-quality pot metal rear axle in a Tata truck collapsed at will.

DSC00608.jpg

What's the problem with these guys ?Delusional...

You guys are far behind us in shipbuilding

11.jpg

I have nothing to say except the high-quality pot metal rear axle in a Tata truck collapsed at will.

Pathetic troll Lorry Gets Stuck In The Mud! – Chennai Plus

These Bangladeshis ,when they talk about their country,already a regional power - becoming a superpower in the long term plans..beyond 2030s...But they think they've already overtaken a regional power..Lungi regional power..lol

Yeah thanks for tipping us off to avoid that model..

We aren't selling them to countries where there are only 2 vehicles per thousand people.

Powertrain is important and Tata/AL has to be avoided like the plague

Come back when your country can design a moped engine.Till then..:wave:

What's the problem with these guys ?Delusional...

View attachment 227852

Pathetic troll Lorry Gets Stuck In The Mud! – Chennai Plus

These Bangladeshis ,when they talk about their country,already a regional power - becoming a superpower in the long term plans..beyond 2030s...But they think they've already overtaken a regional power..Lungi regional power..lol

How is it delusional when someone buys something (like a bus or a taxi) expecting years if not decades of service and discovers to their chagrin that it is a no-good heap of rust after a couple of years??

Do you get it?

It's money from their pockets. Sometimes multiple crores of it.

Gone!

Vanished.

Are they ever going to trust your product again?

NO!

Get it through your brain. And you keep trumpeting what a world-class automobile manufacturing Supa-Powa you are.

The delusion is all yours!!

We aren't selling them to countries where there are only 2 vehicles per thousand people.

I don't think it is meant for the Indian Market. Only for Marcopolo's home market (Brazil).

How is it delusional when someone buys something (like a bus or a taxi) expecting years if not decades of service and discovers to their chagrin that it is a no-good heap of rust after a couple of years??

And only Bangladeshis have such problems..:lol: :lol:

The delusion is all yours!!

meh..quote me after you have made the ''bomb''

11-jpg.227852

I don't think it is meant for the Indian Market. Only for Marcopolo's home market (Brazil).

Nice delusions.Last time I checked they introduced in in our Auto expo..Definitely not for BD where there are only 2 vehicles per 1000 people

Back
Top Bottom