What's new

India air base grounded in Tajikistan

how typically pakistani approach, your good relations with any country doesnt mean that , that countries relations with India are getting sour unless you only think on the lines of ''either you are with us or against us'' ( miss Rice to musharraf, remember)

USA is just one example.They don't listen a single word against Pakistan in their recent visit.Obama just come there to attend the dance party and you think you win the world.

USA is just one example.They don't listen a single word against Pakistan in their recent visit.Obama just come there to attend the dance party and you think you win the world.

Id disagree with you first here..
The US will listen to anybody's rant against us..except ours about anybody.

If you are wise enough.I am just getting along with the situation.Hope you understand.

India is trying to be the self appointed super power of asia and doesnt mind stepping over major power interests..or atleast tries..lesson learn..you can be good friends with the ruskies but dont attempt stepping into their sphere of influence...India is far behind Russia or China to be something in the region!

true we are self appointed super power but pak is self appointed mercenaries who kill their own for money from US......... and let the US to kill ur own as well................

India is trying to be the self appointed super power of asia and doesnt mind stepping over major power interests..or atleast tries..lesson learn..you can be good friends with the ruskies but dont attempt stepping into their sphere of influence...India is far behind Russia or China to be something in the region!

self delete

Last edited:

guys please understand the implication of obama's visit. this was the first time a us prez came and he dint visit pakistan. by this us has de-linked its relationship with india vis-a-vis pakistan.

so it was not all dance show in my opinin. also he wole heartedly supported india's bis for permanent seat.

Obama visit: It's still bouquets for Pak & brickbats for India
Sunil Rajguru

There has been a tremendous amount of euphoria generated by US President Barack Obama's recent presence in India. But people expecting a sea change in Indo-US ties due to the state visit are likely to be disappointed.

Obama said that India deserved a permanent seat in the UN Security council. Saying that does not mean it will automatically happen. Reform in the Security Council is a controversial issue. Germany, Japan and Brazil are the other members seeking a permanent seat. There is also talk of giving a seat to a country in either Africa or from the Muslim-majority countries.

At the beginning of the debate, the US had made it clear that India couldn't get a permanent seat with a disputed Kashmir. This stand became clear when the US vetoed Shashi Tharoor in the 2007 campaign for UN Secretary General. If a similar vote came up today, things wouldn't change much. The Kashmir problem is nowhere near resolution.

The second irritant is Pakistan. Despite Obama's strong admonition of Pakistan over terrorism, the US and Pak will continue to remain strong allies and aid will keep flowing. As far as global politics is concerned, Pak remains more important than India for the US.

Obama said a lot of great things in all his speeches here, but going by his promises in the US presidential polls that catapulted him into power, it is not given that any of them will be translated into action.

Pre-1991, India and Russia were allies. Russia and America were enemies. That's why Indo-US ties would always reach a roadblock. Post-1991, there has been a natural thawing of ties, but they too will meet certain deadlocks.

If India cannot be a major trading partner and refuses to be an official ally, then for the US, India will remain just another country.

Let's face it, Pakistan is much more precious to US than India and will continue to do so for quite some time

I hope now you get your answer...

Obama visit: It's still bouquets for Pak & brickbats for India
Sunil Rajguru

There has been a tremendous amount of euphoria generated by US President Barack Obama's recent presence in India. But people expecting a sea change in Indo-US ties due to the state visit are likely to be disappointed.

Obama said that India deserved a permanent seat in the UN Security council. Saying that does not mean it will automatically happen. Reform in the Security Council is a controversial issue. Germany, Japan and Brazil are the other members seeking a permanent seat. There is also talk of giving a seat to a country in either Africa or from the Muslim-majority countries.

At the beginning of the debate, the US had made it clear that India couldn't get a permanent seat with a disputed Kashmir. This stand became clear when the US vetoed Shashi Tharoor in the 2007 campaign for UN Secretary General. If a similar vote came up today, things wouldn't change much. The Kashmir problem is nowhere near resolution.

The second irritant is Pakistan. Despite Obama's strong admonition of Pakistan over terrorism, the US and Pak will continue to remain strong allies and aid will keep flowing. As far as global politics is concerned, Pak remains more important than India for the US.

Obama said a lot of great things in all his speeches here, but going by his promises in the US presidential polls that catapulted him into power, it is not given that any of them will be translated into action.

Pre-1991, India and Russia were allies. Russia and America were enemies. That's why Indo-US ties would always reach a roadblock. Post-1991, there has been a natural thawing of ties, but they too will meet certain deadlocks.

If India cannot be a major trading partner and refuses to be an official ally, then for the US, India will remain just another country.

Let's face it, Pakistan is much more precious to US than India and will continue to do so for quite some time

I hope now you get your answer...

Many many Happy return of the day..!:coffee:

whatt really?

I thought India already has a base in Tajikistan?
Good to hear the positive news for us (indirectly)

whatt really?

India showed Interest in Ayni Airbase although India has Invested in Chabhahar and Farkhor airbase in Tajikistan So No going back on that, But Its Disappointment when it comes to Ayni.... Not so good news for you though (directly)

India showed Interest in Ayni Airbase although India has Invested in Chabhahar and Farkhor airbase in Tajikistan So No going back on that, But Its Disappointment when it comes to Ayni.... Not so good news for you though (directly)

Yeh Ghazi yeh tere pur-israr banday
Jinhain tu ne bakhsha hai zouq-e-Khudayi

Do neem unki thokar se sahra-o-darya
simat kar pahar unki haibat se rayee

Do alam se karti hai baigana dil ko
Ajab cheez hai lazzat-e-Aashnayi

Shahadat hai matloob-e-Maqsood momin
Naa maal-e-Ghaneemat Naa kishwar-e-Kushayi

=======================

Your answer is hidden somewhere in the poetry of Allama Iqbal

Yeh Ghazi yeh tere pur-israr banday
Jinhain tu ne bakhsha hai zouq-e-Khudayi

Do neem unki thokar se sahra-o-darya
simat kar pahar unki haibat se rayee

Do alam se karti hai baigana dil ko
Ajab cheez hai lazzat-e-Aashnayi

Shahadat hai matloob-e-Maqsood momin
Naa maal-e-Ghaneemat Naa kishwar-e-Kushayi

=======================

Your answer is hidden somewhere in the poetry of Allama Iqbal

Nice poetry but unfortunately I dont know Urdu :undecided:

whatt really?

I think India already have a base in tajikistan..! And that is farkhor air base..!

This ayini is the second one but i guess there some problems...i hope it will get solved soon

I think India already have a base in tajikistan..! And that is farkhor air base..!

This ayini is the second one but i guess there some problems...i hope it will get solved soon

No you have no military base in Tajikistan. Neither Ayini nor Farkhor.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom