What's new

India air base grounded in Tajikistan

by Areesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND151
we have vast coastline so its not easy to defend it.looking beyond Pakistan is essential for India.if we have operational base in central Asia,it will bog down paf on northern border.so in next INDO PAK war paf will be fighting on 2 fronts which gonna be nightmare for them. i guess you get it.
Yeah keep dreaming.
no i showed facts.i think you are burning with fear.

we should offer gwadar port to all central asian republics including Russia. chiina is already there.
this makes us to collect more money and makes strategic relations tro these states in future.

we should offer gwadar port to all central asian republics including Russia. chiina is already there.
this makes us to collect more money and makes strategic relations tro these states in future.

Good idea.
Military of all Central Asian republics +Russia+China, should surely make you secure against India.:rofl::azn:

What difference does it make..........Indian Airbase or not, any operations being carried out by India would require the authorisation of the Tajik Government. This clearly has repurcusionss for its Government as they know all too well the damage Pakistan can and will cause it if any Indian adventure begins from this side of the region. This is nothing more then India trying to (a) establish more better relations with Tajikistan, (b) use this issue of a so called "Indian base" in Tajikistan in any future talks with China and as a asset for negotiations.......

Pakistan just needs to make clear that message to Tajikistan, if the territory is used by India for any purpose against Pakistan, then the Government of Tajiistan will be held responsible..........they will have more then the Taliban to worry about, so just chill guys...........

India is trying to counter the Chinese plans of an airbase in Pakistan..........

I don't know much on the topic so i can't calculate the the expanses VS benefits from this base to get an answer if it's worthy to have this air base or not. Anyway i can't either see any direct danger for the security of Pakistan from this base. So no need to worry about it. :disagree:

U sure counting India too right??;)

we have vast coastline so its not easy to defend it.looking beyond Pakistan is essential for India.if we have operational base in central Asia,it will bog down paf on northern border.so in next INDO PAK war paf will be fighting on 2 fronts which gonna be nightmare for them.:devil: i guess you get it.:lol:

sorry man but are you mad:blink:????.....one airbase and that too in some central asian state can deter pakistan if a war occurs???.....that base will have absolutely no role if a war does occur

I don't know much about the Indian military developments in detail, but in my personal opinion having a fully operational base abroad is not something the Indian government should aim for now. This would further not be possible since most of Central Asia which includes Tajikistan is decisively under Russian control with Kremlin-funded puppet governments running these republics. And no matter how cosy Russians might be with you, I doubt Russia would be pleased to share its own backyard with anyone other than itself for any price.

India might possibly get some more significance and justification to have a base once its economic value doubles of trebles in the coming few years along the lines of their Chinese counterparts.

Till then, it would be very unwise for your government to maintain bases outside your country, which are an expensive issue.

I don't know much about the Indian military developments in detail, but in my personal opinion having a fully operational base abroad is not something the Indian government should aim for now. This would further not be possible since most of Central Asia which includes Tajikistan is decisively under Russian control with Kremlin-funded puppet governments running these republics. And no matter how cosy Russians might be with you, I doubt Russia would be pleased to share its own backyard with anyone other than itself for any price.

India might possibly get some more significance and justification to have a base once its economic value doubles of trebles in the coming few years along the lines of their Chinese counterparts.

Till then, it would be very unwise for your government to maintain bases outside your country, which are an expensive issue.

Ayni airbase some 15 Km from Capital Dushanbe was to be Indias second air base in Tajikistan after Farkhor air base, which is at Afghanistan border.
Ayni airbase was built and renovated by Indians and is now fully functional, but for the time being no Indian jets are stationed there.
The Russians have started using it and have fighter planes stationed there already.
India plans to station the newer Mig 29s.

Do u seriously think a central asian state will let india use its land to strike Pakistan? i dont think so.

Back
Top Bottom