What's new

Ignorant Muslim Bangladeshi celibrating Benglai new year: Nauzubillah Minzalik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope Bengali is not descendand of Devangari.
There are two major branches one devangari another bengali...

From the above mentioned source:

"Since the late 19th century, Devanagari has been considered as the de facto writing system for Sanskrit,[29] quite possibly because of the European practice of printing Sanskrit texts in this script. The earliest known inscriptions in Sanskrit date to the 1st century BCE.[30]"

From this source:
Bengali language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Bengali or Bangla (IPA: [ˈbaŋla] (help·info) বাংলা) is an Indo-Aryan language of the eastern Indian subcontinent, evolved from the Magadhi Prakrit and Sanskrit languages."

Sanskrit is written mostly in Devanagari.

But it can be written in any script compatible with Devanagari punctuation...including Bangla. And if you think that for some point of time everyone was writing Sanskrit in Bangla script , I can't even think of what to say.

I see you got some problem with Bengali.
Bengali vocubulary consists 50% of sanskrit and the language which is mostly related to sanskrit. So writing sanskrit in Bangla alphabet will make most sense... Anyways its written in Devangari now.. and good for you.

" Sanskrit was considered as "Dev Bhasha", " Devavani "or the language of the Gods by ancient Indians. The word sanskrita, meaning "refined" or "purified," is the antonym of prakrita, meaning "natural," or "vulgar.".....
Sanskrit (meaning "cultured or refined"), the classical language of Hinduism, is the oldest and the most systematic language in the world. The vastness and the versatility, and power of expression can be appreciated by the fact that this language has 65 words to describe various forms of earth, 67 words for water, and over 250 words to describe rainfall."

Hindu Wisdom - Sanskrit

Bengali is also derived from Sanskrit, though there are Prakrits in Bengali. Sanskrit has been considered as a Hindu Language. Thus Bengali is also a Hindu Language as Bengali derived from Sanskrit.

i'd prefer arabic if i have to use arabic script.

Well I have a proposal to your liking. Why don't we convert our script to pure Arabic script or even move toward arabic as a state language. There are many benefit to learn arabic but for us these two is very important.

1-We will be able to understand Qur'aan and Sunnah thus we will be better Muslim not to mention we recite in arabic during prayer. Very Important
2-Many of our fellow Bangladeshi work in middle east where arabic is very important. If they knows arabic than they will be more respected and will be better paid.

Win win situation. :enjoy:

So what say my Muslim brother. Remember arabic is the official language of Islam. :D

I see you got some problem with Bengali.
Bengali vocubulary consists 50% of sanskrit and the language which is mostly related to sanskrit. So writing sanskrit in Bangla alphabet will make most sense... Anyways its written in Devangari now.. and good for you.

See my above post and see how 'Prakrit' has been described as an uncivilized language and how Sanskrit has been described as a civilized Hindu language.
Hindu Wisdom - Sanskrit

Now Bangali, the language you are so proud of speaking, has also derived from Sanskrit apart from Prakrit. Why are you disrespecting your self? Why are you letting yourself dishonored by your enemies?

Why such sadistic approach?

Has the Bengali language never been written in an Arabic/Persianised script? jUst want to increase my knowledge.

And what's stopping from some intellectuals to introduce this, and make a Bengalised script based upon ARabic/Persian/urdu script, that takes care of the particularities of Bangla language, pronunciation, and any extra consonants needed?

Bangla is a very tough language to learn and there are very few who can write expertly in it. This has allowed a class of intellectuals to monopolize culture in Bangladesh and influence our entire national outlook. It is very similar to what the Bhadralok Babus did before partition. I would have thought as a progressive Muslim society we would have escaped from this narrow Hindu mentality. Now that we are separated from the Bhadraloks we should attempt at a more open society while at the same time respecting our Bengaliness where it does not conflict with Islam. Even the Prophet remarked that we may adopt good things from other cultures provided it does not conflict directly with any Islamic norms. This is a much more liberal approach than that taken by the Hindu Bhardalok who attempted to purge everything that was not derived from high caste Brahmin culture.

all languages had the same old root once upon a time. Hebrew is in the same group as Arabic. did you know that? in fact it is closer to arabic than urdu in linguistic division. there is no need for anyone to get out off any linguistic influence. it's just language. grow up guys.

there is nothing wrong in using devangiri or sanksrit or hebrew or anything.

Bangla is a very tough language to learn and there are very few who can write expertly in it. This has allowed a class of intellectuals to monopolize culture in Bangladesh and influence our entire national outlook. It is very similar to what the Bhadralok Babus did before partition. I would have thought as a progressive Muslim society we would have escaped from this narrow Hindu mentality. Now that we are separated from the Bhadraloks we should attempt at a more open society while at the same time respecting our Bengaliness where it does not conflict with Islam. Even the Prophet remarked that we may adopt good things from other cultures provided it does not conflict directly with any Islamic norms. This is a much more liberal approach than that taken by the Hindu Bhardalok who attempted to purge everything that was not derived from high caste Brahmin culture.

oh my goodness now are you saying because you can't write Bangla properly, all people can't write or speak it? :eek: who told you many people find Bangla hard? i am just speechless....

Has the Bengali language never been written in an Arabic/Persianised script? jUst want to increase my knowledge.

And what's stopping from some intellectuals to introduce this, and make a Bengalised script based upon ARabic/Persian/urdu script, that takes care of the particularities of Bangla language, pronunciation, and any extra consonants needed?

Bengali language and its script have infact more pronunciaton keys than arabic script. almost all arabic letter or pronunciation can be somehow expressed in Bengali but most Bengali letters and their pronunciation cant be expressed in nashtaleeq script. Bengali has a very rich written and spoken base.

Bengali has its own alphabet of 50 letters. Why would it be written in persian script?!! It was never written in persian nashtaleeq script. It was proposed by ignorant Pakastani politicians who had very little knowledge in Bengali just after the partition but was dumped soon after and they were embarrassed for even proposing it and rightly so.

Last edited:
oh my goodness now are you saying because you can't write Bangla properly, all people can't write or speak it? :eek: who told you many people find Bangla hard? i am just speechless....

I have studied Bangla for 4 years in school and I can safely say that, I may not be a scholar,it definitely is not a difficult language.

There are so many divisions in the world today,let us not add language to that long list.

Bengali language and culture has become elitist. This is the same mentality of the Hindu Bhadralok of pre-partition days. We have not been able to come out of that mindset. Bangla language and culture has left 40% completely illiterate, 30% barely literate, 25% competently literate and the rest 5% dominating society intellectually but having nothing new to offer.

Bengali language and its script have infact more pronunciaton keys than arabic script. almost all arabic letter or pronunciation can be somehow expressed in Bengali but most Bengali letters and their pronunciation cant be expressed in nashtaleeq script. Bengali has a very rich writtenand spoken base.

Begali ha its own alphabet of 50 letters. Why would it be written in persian script?!! It was never written in persian nashtaleeq script. It was proposed by ignorant Pakastani politicians who had very little knowledge in Bengali just after the partition but was dumped soon after and they were embarrassed for even proposing it and rightly so.

So what the hell are you saying? Bangla is even better than Arabic. Am I getting your vibe right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom