What's new

If India does a Surgical strike in Pakistan, how would/should Pakistan respond??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask yourself how much of this is calculated guesswork vs assumptions and wishful thinking.

That aside, your fundamental point that Pakistan has to 'do something'....that do something is BEFORE inviting any surgical strike. As I pointed out, even if the cross border terrorism escalates several times over, as long as the terrorists do not try to or succeed in returning alive to Pakistan, India will not have to perform any strategic surgery. When the terrorists are caught alive (happens very very rarely) Pakistan simply denies they are Pakistani. If their communication is sourced, Pakistan can simply reuse the Lakhvi routine.

Even tactically I think it would be advantageous for India to just kill the terrorists before they are able to return home to Pakistan and then incur the expense of surgical strikes.

The Myanmar episode was completely different because the terrorists returned and hid away in the jungle across the border.

War is Calculated Guesswork/Assumptions, but there is an art to it, and I am no military officer (so take my comments as a starting point and not a definitive analysis of an expert)

During the 1967 Arab-Israeli War Israel launched nearly all of its 200 Fighters (only kept 12 for the defense of Israel) and launched a preemptive attack on the Egytian Air Force coordinated at approximately 7am when their intelligence found out there was a shift change, they wargamed for 6 years and executed on the morning of june 5th 1967 like clockwork.

there were many things that can go wrong, but this very scenario we are discussing should be proof that Pakistan needs an operational plan for if this possibility arises, and what to do, with out a moments hesitation. they need to war game this for years and have the armed forces rehearsing this, just in case.

clearly if anything is alleged on a country they will try to deny it,
that's how nations act, RAW might be accused of sponsoring terrorists in Afghanistan or Baluchistan, sometimes they are agricultural advisers and engineers and sometimes they are "agricultural advisers and engineers."

Also, there are many of elements outside of state control in Pakistan. Large swaths of India are also outside of effective state control and administration. If radical extremists act on their own to attack the other country, and they are killed in the process by that nations security forces, then both nations would rather have that, then have a myanmar style episode.

-------------
the best way to beat India, is to have the best economy possible, a higher gdp per capita, a better standard of living

use/monopolize our geographic position , resources, and any connections to build up our industries and human capital to out compete on a per capita basis with India

or at the very least have a decent standard of living that allows Pakistan to not be coerced by india, and allow us to maintain our physical as well as cultural independence.

Last edited:
What's impossible to happen should not be discussed. India can't even think of doing such things in their dreams.

can only happen in dreams and in bollywood(phantom) :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

hard time?

This is why Afghanistan peace talks are being held in Islamabad with US and China as observers?

hahahah.

This is why China and Pakistan are building a trade corridor?

Is this why Iran and Pakistan are working on joint pipeline project? Turkmanistan setting up power and gas projects?

Please do not post childish stuff.
brother Whole afghanistan is in stone age because of your establishment greedy politics
they are cursed to live with it you people literally destroyed their country ( of course with the kind support of your Boss of that time)
and dont lie you people (atleast mejority of you) hate Iran
yes you have good relation with china I admit that but its for a reason

Last edited:
Now coming to the crux of my point, you will be hit. In kind and disproportionately. We have more money and frankly, we are totally happy with using lessons from your textbooks on you. You will see escalation of violence in Pakistan my dear friends. We will ensure that you are tied down further, you and your economy bleed. We will force you to initiate open hostilities. A repeat of 71. With a difference, this time Pakistan will be isolated. No Saudi no Turkey and certainly no China.

Possible, Some of this is already happening today, the tactic defense minister laid out
Pakistan would be wise to heed the kernel of truth in your rhetoric ("No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak" - Ender's Game)

going forward there could be many responses to the challenges you have laid out

1. probably following some intelligence agencies model of worldwide stealthy assassination of indian raw sponsers is one way (as was probably done to General Zia by RAW or KGB or who ever, its a tactic, but you get the point.)
2. becoming deeply embedded in as big a portion as possible of China's economic supply chain might be one way to get some amount of protection/leverage (they would be protecting their investments); the same could be done with building up the agricultural industry and making the gulf arab nations dependent on food stuffs from Pakistan

if india attacks pakistan must plan to absorb disproportionately larger attacks; decoys, backup defense and civilian infrastructure, etc. while being able to knock out certain key assets that would disproportionately cripple india in a major way; military, economically, key military/civilian leaders during time of war (develop those capabilities; shashoujian weapons/techniques as China has for the US); possibly allowing Chinese warships to more frequently dock in Pakistan ports during times of heightened tensions

If you have more money, we must spend more on getting better intelligence, to know your secrets the best we can (know your self, and know your enemy) and also we must start to obscure as much as possible about our key workings, as china does.

if there is threats of escalation of violence, through good governance and equally distributed economy development we must plan to isolate the bad actors from the general population and build up the general population while neutralizing the indian sponsered agents

we need to work on building key exports to embed in foreign nations supply chain so an indian attack on pakistan will be felt on the world and the world through their economic motivation will call for a ceasefire

we need to be able to absorb a large Indian attack/initial aggression; forcing them to show themselves as the aggressor, and not allowing them to blame a false flag operation on pakistan, and then to be able to counter attack sufficiently enough to allow time for the world to call for a ceasefire

and on the issue of isolation; pakistan needs to work improve ties with key nations, so they world be aid in a time of national emergency.

pakistan has a lot to work on, so it is good you pointed them out; and while any war would also be damaging for india, we have to plan for a crazy indian leader too, because the possibly ramaification to them might not be enough to dissuade them from a conflict
I hope someone in the government or military has plans to meet the challenges you laid out

Okay, lets for a moment assume that India somehow grow the balls to do a Surgical strike in Pakistan. I remember US one pressurized Pakistan to absorb and do nothing if India does a surgical strike in AJK.

How do you think Pakistan would/should respond? Will Pakistan bow down to the US/Indo pressure?

What are Pakistan's options??

Please don't turn this into a troll thread and this question is strictly to the Pakistani posters here.

Reply in kind sir

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha: :crazy::crazy: :o: :fie::fie::fie::fie::fie::fie: . Razia Sultana, google told me that's a female name. Allow me to address your post honey just as it was written in bold above.

1) If Pakistan feared a surgical strike, they wouldn't have put 75% of their air force at the border the last time around. That meant anything crossing the border would be in their AIM missiles, ranging out to 22 miles (during the lack of proper BVR). If they did that back then, today, they are in a MUCH stronger position military wise. Military labor wise, may be not because they are operating in three different conflict zones.

So no one "fears" surgical strikes. You start the show, they repeat it and tell you about the consequences. That's not being afraid, that's a reminder to correct the chemical imbalance in your head that please come do surgical strikes, but don't lose an entire arm or a leg or the region when the response comes. The scary cow is the entity that then doesn't do it and fly's to the border and "returns home safely" like you did twice before.

2) You have started to understand how a security establishment works by being a political science student :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:. A spy or a national security organization isn't a news paper or a politician, their agenda, ops, needs and strategies don't exist in any political curriculum, nor they exist as examples. These are all drawn secretly, and thus the word "clandestine". RAW has been involved in Baluchistan since the early 90's. It took Pakistan over a decade to provide proofs to others. So the little books you are reading and watching Indian media, aren't really credible. Clearly, they've not taught you anything global in the right context.

3) Pakistan was isolated diplomatically :haha::haha::haha::haha: :no: :nono: , so Russia provides weapons contract despite India's constant biitching and moaning. The US repeatedly provides advance weapons, the Chinese invest billions into Pakistan's economy, the Italians sell their radars and Drones to Pakistan, the French and the Brits are discussing a wide range of defense cooperation with Pakistan, ranging out to economic partnerships..........DAMN, your Political Science curriculum is SUPER OLD. Get an admission in a US school, they'll teach you what's going on in the world in 2015. The books you are reading now, have been obsolete and were published for the class of 2000!!!

So, I am sorry, mentally, you should act your age, not your shoe size.

Oh by the way, whether its your real name or an online name, if you truly come from a Razia (Muslim name), please do tell us what your political science says about the butchering the extremist Hindus are doing to minorities.....the same extremist Hindus who are after killing or converting all Muslims and Christians through violence and force????

If your political science curriculum doesn't teach you anything about religious extremism in India, you should migrate to a safer place with much better education, that place is called the USA!!
I dont need to google to know what is a Viper but i am way past such humours. Anyways you have rightly found out that I am a woman and a muslim and an Indian. You adorn Americal flag so let me tell you that indian and muslim cultures dont appreciate using adjectives for women.
Now coming to your points, a man never admits when he is scared. It s ascertained from his reactions. When you say 75% of your Airforce is put on your eastern border, its obvious what emotions are being addressed. When India seals her borders with barbed wire, it means they are scared of terrorists infiltrating. We as a mother understand it much better.
Thanks for telling me that security agencies like RAW work secretly. You saved my time as i was planning to contact them. Dont feel sorry if my shoe size is bigger than your head. Now that you have given an invitation to migrate to the USA, tell me one thing if my husband will be expected to call other women "honey" over there?

Last edited:
@GURU DUTT. Everyone has options. Let India exercise its options and let us worry about our response options.
we are not worried but its the pakistani media and its social media arm chair generals who seem to be soo worried about NaMos and ajit dovals response to grudarspur episode ..... what is that guilty conciusness or fear or both :azn:

https://www.facebook.com/*****************/photos/a.456389991139857.1073741982.276691342443057/747714468674073/?type=1&theater
You think these people will do a surgical strike on us ? :omghaha::omghaha:

View attachment 241370
they don e their job whats the issue?

time to close the thread and perform the cleanup
sorry guys some will b pick.. nothing personal

I dont need to google to know what is a Viper but i am way past such humours. Anyways you have rightly found out that I am a woman and a muslim and an Indian. You adorn Americal flag so let me tell you that indian and muslim cultures dont appreciate using adjectives for women.
Now coming to your points, a man never admits when he is scared. It s ascertained from his reactions. When you say 75% of your Airforce is put on your eastern border, its obvious what emotions are being addressed. When India seals her borders with barbed wire, it means they are scared of terrorists infiltrating. We as a mother understand it much better.
Thanks for telling me that security agencies like RAW work secretly. You saved my time as i was planning to contact them. Dont feel sorry if my shoe size is bigger than your head. Now that you have given an invitation to migrate to the USA, tell me one thing if my husband will be expected to call other women "honey" over there?
gracefully posted
respect to you. and wish that people on either side live peacefully without fear
Amen

brother Whole afghanistan is in stone age because of your establishment greedy politics
they are cursed to live with it you people literally destroyed their country ( of course with the kind support of your Boss of that time)
and dont lie you people (atleast mejority of you) hate Iran
yes you have good relation with china I admit that but its for a reason
sorry NO
it was India that opened its spy shops back in 50s and during Soviet occupation cooperated with the oppressive Afghan regime and Soviet occupiers against the Afghans. (including the northern alliance) your presence has been nothing but trouble for Afghans. dont blame us
we helped them against the Soviets and accommodated millions of their people and took them even to Mecca back in late 80s to form peace but you guys continued to play your dirty work which was responded by America, KSA and Pakistan in the shape of Taliban. once again it is us who are leading the role of trilateral peace talks while you guys are bitching and whining from the corner . go drown in your own bitterness and bully Bangladesh or make a Bollywood attack on Myanmar to satisfy your sensitive ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom