What's new

I used to be an Islamist

Education & Employment

Under the Ottoman empire, worldwide Muslim literacy rates were only 2 to 3% in the early nineteenth century.

6 out of 10 Muslims worldwide still cannot read (as opposed to only 2 out of 10 people in "Christendom")

Nearly 1 in 3 people in the Arab world are illiterate, including nearly half of all women.

Muslims in Denmark make up 5% of the population but receive 40% of social-welfare outlays.

WTF? Did I see right? NO DEMOCRASY :hitwall: ? That'll bring a country's end. We're muslim but thank to God the country's set on a secular democrasy! :)

What happened is he just trolled you. :cheesy:

I know how you people think. No, it wasn't a troll post at all. If you search back in my posts long enough, right from the introductory thread, you can reach your own conclusions about my claim's veracity. I remember rather accurately how i used to defend Islam in this forum itself a long while ago.

I am not against Islam, I am for the facts the way I see it.
Every religion has some good n bad.

WTF? Did I see right? NO DEMOCRASY :hitwall: ? That'll bring a country's end. We're muslim but thank to God the country's set on a secular democrasy! :)
read the whole article :cheers:

Solomon, you are a propaganda machine! Who pays you FBI or CIA? Don't tell me you are a volunteer!

thecommentator.png

I used to be an Islamist

in your opinion Islam is bad coz it bans alcohol? A harmful drug!

It is NOT bad, it is authoritarian though. Certain things should be left to personal choice, a fine and thin line must be drawn between whats acceptable and whats intrusive. Everything in life cannot be run according to religion, but then that might be contrary since it is believed that Islam must and will dictate all the terms of a Muslim's life.

Most neutral people just happen to find that far too stifling. But then it is up to the adherents choice, freedom of religion and all.

in your opinion whats the purpose of a religion?

Nothing. Nothing at all. Man can choose to be good, bad or jobless. Whatever he chooses, religion offers him the right excuse to do it. At least, Islam and Hinduism does. I don't know enough about other religions to make a statement. At any rate, i personally, want nothing to do with any religion at all.

Back
Top Bottom