What's new

I hate my girlfriend, because i love my car.

We don't have much Hybrid or Electric Car to choose here in Australia.

It's quite extreme actually, you have most people drive lower range like Toyota Camry Hybrid (looked at but didn't really like it) or from Kia, Honda or Hyundai. Which is the same different. Or you can get a Tesla like everyone else. That's really the option here. (If you count MG EV are an option) and on the other end of the spectrum you have the higher range one but that usually over 200K in general (Like AMG GLE or some brand I have never heard of)

We don't have a lot of "Clean" energy car here and they are cutting support on ICE car sale in Australia after 2025, so we expect tradition ICE car will be without many support (Less parts and etc) Which mean there weren't any Hybrid to choose from in the price range I wanted but either a BMW i8 or a AMG GLE. And I don't really like Mecedes
Audi e-tron will cost you half much as that pathetic i8. Even Mercedes's EQS Sedan and EQS SUV are cheaper than i8. If you wish to buy BMW then why not consider i4, i7 or iX?

Last edited:
Toyota hydrogen car
Lexus hydrogen is a better pick.
I would wait until it is maturing though. VW new fuel cells can power the car to 2,000 km. No fuel engine, no electric car comes even close.

We don't have that here, nor hydrogen charging station......

Audi e-tron will cost you have much as that pathetic i8. Even Mercedes's EQS Sedan and EQS SUV are cheaper than i8. If you wish to buy BMW then why not consider i4, i7 or iX?
E-Tron is WAY above my price. it's 260k here and a used one is still around 200k. EQS sedan only have 300k option and I don't like SUV.....

E-Tron is WAY above my price. it's 260k here and a used one is still around 200k. EQS sedan only have 300k option and I don't like SUV.....
WTF! Audi Australia is moving mad! e-tron is supposed to be twice as cheap as i8 in the US. Can you personally import EVs from other countries to Australia? What is the customs duty for imported EVs?

WTF! Audi Australia is moving mad! e-tron is supposed to be twice as cheap as i8 in the US. Can you personally import EVs from other countries to Australia? What is the customs duty for imported EVs?
Don't know what to tell you, but that price is straight from an Audi Dealership quote on new E-Tron.

E-Tron.jpg

Notice that this price is for the basic model (The one I quote before $260,000 is the car I wanted if I were to buy a E-Tron) The i8 priced at around 180,000 AUD...

Don't know what to tell you, but that price is straight from an Audi Dealership quote on new E-Tron.

View attachment 889250

Notice that this price is for the basic model (The one I quote before $260,000 is the car I wanted if I were to buy a E-Tron) The i8 priced at around 180,000 AUD...
It seems that i4 is much cheaper than both of them.

1666715239196.png

Different countries different tastes .
Here in Uk every young driver is in either one of these

899B07D8-762A-4741-A741-337230908E09.jpeg
7A9C4858-D500-4CC5-86ED-20EDB76115B5.jpeg
E53A1137-32D3-4D52-8A80-D19BEB21CF49.png
2095EAF8-BB3B-4AC6-B007-F8D4C02578C4.png

Must have the “ pops and bang “ remap ,
vape smoke bellowing out the front window and high on laughing gas canisters driving around as if they’ve stole it .
All on monthly lease

I prefer the civic type r and the one car I was looking forward to was the GR Corolla but Toyota UK are not bringing it here .
Just like the Nissan 400z which is such a beauty but no can do in UK .

Different countries different tastes .
Here in Uk every young driver is in either one of these

View attachment 889271View attachment 889270View attachment 889272View attachment 889273

Must have the “ pops and bang “ remap ,
vape smoke bellowing out the front window and high on laughing gas canisters driving around as if they’ve stole it .
All on monthly lease

I prefer the civic type r and the one car I was looking forward to was the GR Corolla but Toyota UK are not bringing it here .
Just like the Nissan 400z which is such a beauty but no can do in UK .
In Australia, i30 was introduced by Hyundai to compete with these.

View attachment 889250

Those are some wicked tax rates!

Those are some wicked tax rates!
yes, considering the car itself only cost around $130,000 before eveyrthing, the tax and on-road cost is $70,000 for this particular car. That's a Kia SUV just the tax alone...

yes, considering the car itself only cost around $130,000 before eveyrthing, the tax and on-road cost is $70,000 for this particular car. That's a Kia SUV just the tax alone...

Wow. Just wow. Surely the Aussie government is not hard up for money, so this must be social engineering gone crazy.

In Australia, i30 was introduced by Hyundai to compete with these.
i30 is surprisingly good, a mate of mine had one and it's better than my wife Volvo V-60.

It seems that i4 is much cheaper than both of them.

View attachment 889265
i4 is hideous tho...

Dude, that grill.......

Wow. Just wow. Surely the Aussie government is not hard up for money, so this must be social engineering gone crazy.
Well, that's how out government fund all the social program. My wife paid roughly $30,000 tax on her $115,000 salary. Tax are heavy here, and they tax almost everything.

A 92 Corvette has caught my eye. I'm soooo trying to resist lol

Back
Top Bottom