What's new

Husain Haqqani to Pakistan: Stop competing with India and start focusing on our own welfare

Stop Constant Competition With India: Husain Haqqani to Pakistan

"There is anxiety in Pakistan about everything that puts India at the centre on global stage," said former Pakistan's ambassador to the US Husain Haqqani to NDTV, adding that the anxiety will remain "as long as we continue to believe that Pakistan's future lies in constant competition and rivalry with India". His message to Pakistan, "stop competing with India and start focusing on our own welfare".

This guy is lying sack of shite. In 1950 Pakistan's literacy was about 14% and India was 20%. These figures were inheritance of the British rule. Yet this lying scumbag is claming Pakistan's literacy rate was 16% which is clearly false.

Literacy_Rate_Pak+1950.jpg

India - 1950 > 20% 2012 > 75% That is 3.75 times increase.
Pak
--- 1950 > 14% 2012 > 58% That is 4.14 times increase.

So the facts are Pakistan started off at disadvantage but has actually narrowed that gap slightly as we have increased by 4.1 times whereas India has increased by 3.75 times yet this sack of shit HH is claiming India has done better.

And India is as fast to jump on Pakistan's back as is Pakistan. China Pakistan sign CPEC and India is shouting. Pakistan orders helicopters from USA and India is shouting. Also our internal failures are nothing to do with India centric foreign policy. Those are result of poor governance and corruption. I have nothing but contempt for HH. Even if I disagreed vehemantly with something in Pakistan I would never voice that on Indian media yet this ex ambassador is mouthing off like a filthy turncoat. Somebody needs to muzzle him.

Higher+Education+Pakistan.jpg

Haq's Musings: History of Literacy in Pakistan 1947-2014

And he forgot to advise India to feed it's starving poor and not to focus on Pakistan so much.

> Starving in India, Latest News Starving in India - Firstpost
> Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report - Telegraph
> http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jul/14/poverty-india-Africa-oxford

Last edited:
So the facts are Pakistan started off at disadvantage but has actually narrowed that gap slightly as we have increased by 4.1 times whereas India has increased by 3.75 times yet this sack of shit HH is claiming India has done better.

And India is as fast to jump on Pakistan's back as is Pakistan. China Pakistan sign CPEC and India is shouting. Pakistan orders helicopters from USA and India is shouting. Also our internal failures are nothing to do with India centric foreign policy. Those are result of poor governance and corruption. I have nothing but contempt for HH. Even if I disagreed vehemantly with something in Pakistan I would never voice that on Indian media yet this ex ambassador is mouthing off like a filthy turncoat. Somebody needs to muzzle him.

2013-14 report: Pakistan Literacy rate slips nationwide by 2%, down to 58%- The Express Tribune

Literacy rate at 71% in rural India, 86% in urban: Survey - The Economic Times

You all are going backwards. Still comparing? Stop humiliating yourself.

Last edited:
This guy is lying sack of shite. In 1950 Pakistan's literacy was about 14% and India was 20%. These figures were inheritance of the British rule. Yet this lying scumbag is claming Pakistan's literacy rate was 16% which is clearly false.

Pak

Haq's Musing? meh...Ignored :coffee:

Pak--- 1950 > 14% 2012 > 58% That is 4.14 times increase.

Reminds me of Roadrunner. He used to have similar pathetic logic. And same obsession with "history".

On topic, HH advice is logical but those with identity crisis will not be able to see it.

It requires objectivity and as a Pakistani writer mentioned that is in short suplly, not to mention a little inconvenient:

Psychologists say that even hard facts can be denied when people subscribe to a radically different vision of the world. A glimpse of the current Pakistani weltanschauung; the mental makeup which selects and filters facts before they reach the conscious brain; can be had through the lives of the three young US-educated Pakistanis mentioned above..."

http://www.chowk.com/Views/World/Why-Do-They-Pick-On-Us-Pakistanis

So much easier to continue living in mugalatas.

Haq's Musing? meh...Ignored :coffee:
@Dr.Sen

Of course if you don't agree with the figures you can find other reliable sources although frankly your always have problems with nailing the exact figures. However we can still look at overriding pattern. So get the figures for today then use 1950 as base point. Then why not see by what factor the figures in Pak and India have multiplied since than. I know for a fact there is not going to be any appreciable differance in the percentage increases since 1950. Please do the maths and express the increase in percentages.

Psychologists say that even hard facts can be denied when people subscribe to a radically different vision of the world. A glimpse of the current Pakistani weltanschauung; the mental makeup which selects and filters facts before they reach the conscious brain; can be had through the lives of the three young US-educated Pakistanis mentioned above..."

Yes, indeed. When we have Hindutwa fanaticism infecting your intellect that is expected. Look at the image below. This is India 2015. How you guy's can come here with children starving to death in India and lecture Pakistan is beyond me. Do you have any shame or has the Hindutwa disease so infected your minds that you have no sense of decency left. Now go and friggin feed these starving Indian babies. While your at at ask that bas*tard HH to throw a few dollars to help you feed them. You wicked disgusting people. Look at this baby. Spare some pity please. Have some humanity.

StarvationIndia_Reuters.jpg

Starving in India, Latest News Starving in India - Firstpost

Last edited:
Reminds me of Roadrunner. He used to have similar pathetic logic. And same obsession with "history".

On topic, HH advice is logical but those with identity crisis will not be able to see it.

It requires objectivity and as a Pakistani writer mentioned that is in short suplly, not to mention a little inconvenient:

http://www.chowk.com/Views/World/Why-Do-They-Pick-On-Us-Pakistanis

So much easier to continue living in mugalatas.

Dead link - do you have another link, would make interesting reading.

@Dr.Sen

Of course if you don't agree with the figures you can find other reliable sources although frankly your always have problems with nailing the exact figures. However we can still look at overriding pattern. So get the figures for today then use 1950 as base point. Then why not see by what factor the figures in Pak and India have multiplied since than. I know for a fact there is not going to be any appreciable differance in the percentage increases since 1950. Please do the maths and express the increase in percentages.
Achieving high literacy rate in small population is much easy, still pakistani is unable to compete with India in literacy rate. Take the example of South Indian states having similar/more population than Pakistan. They have increased their literacy rate manifold because and is 90 percent plus

@Dr.Sen

Yes, indeed. When we have Hindutwa fanaticism infecting your intellect that is expected.

There has been constant increase in both countries up until recently when Pakistan started going backwards, as in decrease in literacy, which by itself is surprising. This is what I pointed out.

Also the fact that Afghanistan and Pakistan are the only countries in the world with Polio.

@Dr.Sen

Haqqani is right, there isn't a comparison due to population size. Resolving every single issue for a billion plus people takes a gargantuan effort..especially in a complex and multi cultural and highly diverse country like India.

Lets take your example of literacy -

A country where people speak 1450 languages and dialects cannot solve literacy issues on a large scale at one go.. It will take time and effort.

Pak

According to 1951 Census the Pakistan literacy rate was around 18.9%
data.jpg

Source: http://www.pide.org.pk/pdf/PDR/1978/Volume3/267-301.pdf

Where as Indian Literacy rate in 1951 census was 18.3%
census%20year.JPG

Source: Literacy Rate: National Commission On Population

Last edited:
Who said that we are competing against india, we are just telling india that if you intend to do some adventure we will do to you what you do to your women every day we see in news.
You should compare yourself to china but in that case everyone know where you are standing

point 1 - we also just tells China that if u intend to do some adventure we will do to you what yo do ........ we don't think about pak...

point 2 - you can also compare with India but worlds know where you stand..

point 3 - just you think about India about security same we think about China.... we are capable to handle China but we all are much more interested good relationship with China and future in about to us...

How you guy's can come here with children starving to death in India and lecture Pakistan is beyond me.

Starving in India, Latest News Starving in India - Firstpost

Your data is from 2012. Again, you guys are going backwards, while we are becoming better day by day, we now have a better ranking. We have all the right to lecture you guys.

image.png

The number of hungry people in India has fallen to by 9.5 per cent to 190.7 million now from 210.8 million two decades ago, but in neigbouring Pakistan the number has risen by over 38 per cent in the same period, a UN report said.

No of hungry people in India falling but rising in Pakistan: Report - timesofindia-economictimes

Even Bangladesh will soon cross you guys in all fields, economic and poverty:

Bangladesh has made good progress as the number of hungry people has come down by over 27 per cent to 26.2 million now from 36 million in 1990-92.

Last edited:
Lets stop comparing India with pakistan. Pakistan now competes with afghanistan on how to regress backwards.

Indias literacy rate is better @75 compared to pakistan 60. But india should aim for 98+ and greater democracy. It is outrightly ridiculous and shameful to say that pakistan increased literacy rate by 4.14 times when the 40% population is still illiterate. Both the countries failed in achieving 100% rate even after 50 years and we are doing statistical jugglery on who is better.

Indias population is higher and target achievement is harder but lets not get into pakistani mentality of saying our crap is better than yours.

Back
Top Bottom