What's new

How the Profile Of Turkish LPD Is Going To Be?

Bro, how do you get into uni at turkey. I have no clue how it works over there...

You have to take two exams bro. One being the YGS and the other one LYS. First one is generally about scientific classeses rather than literature, history...etc

@Neptune, @Sinan @MrTopal27 @olcayto
Wake up guys, no ski-jump and no elevator means no fixed-wing aircraft, no F35B or C. I kept saying this but people on this forum didn't give a shit.

THERE WILL NEVER BE FIGHTERS ON OUR LHD. quit discussing it already, What's important is that we have RAM and ESSM launchers on-board. They are vital for ship's defence.

Kiddo, wasn't it only OSS? In my time I had to appear for YOS. It was easy beasy! :D

Yeap man. Theres one more exam soon;)

I have from very reliable sources that there indeed would be fighters. The people I speak to are no common folk.

Wake up guys, no ski-jump and no elevator means no fixed-wing aircraft, no F35B or C. I kept saying this but people on this forum didn't give a shit.

THERE WILL NEVER BE FIGHTERS ON OUR LHD. quit discussing it already, What's important is that we have RAM and ESSM launchers on-board. They are vital for ship's defence.

Abi, ben birşey demedim ki. :)

The thing I forgot to add was "eventually". The problem with the whole situation is not budgetary, however, perception of certain neighbors and self-appointed guardians of the region. Therefore, it's going to be done in a drawn out schedule. Top brass wants it. They will have it. Eventually.
I was waiting for this for months. :D :victory:

The thing I forgot to add was "eventually". The problem with the whole situation is not budgetary, however, perception of certain neighbors and self-appointed guardians of the region. Therefore, it's going to be done in a drawn out schedule. Top brass wants it. They will have it. Eventually.

I dunno... self-appointed guardians of the region will sell us F-35B.... then what's the point of making an impression like "Look we are making a LHD without a ski-jump. We don't have intentions to use it as a aircraft carrier......"

Edit:

Can it be like

1-) "Look we are making a LHD without a ski-jump. We don't have intentions to use it as a aircraft carrier......"

2-) We want F-35Bs. We will use them in airports with short runaways ( or an excuse like that, i don't know)

Gathering both of them and combining them afterwards...... could be.

Welcome to strategic planning. Now imagine how we in Pakistan had to acquire more than 3000 distinct components, spanning four decades to make the bomb.

I dunno... self-appointed guardians of the region will sell us F-35B.... then what's the point of making an impression like "Look we are making a LHD without a ski-jump. We don't have intentions to use it as a aircraft carrier......"

@Sinan, brother, you think in a straightforward manner. 1 + 1 = 2. For me 1 + 1 can mean anything, literally.

I heard that the design is still under talks which is expected to be last for about 6 months. No ski-jump and no elevator doesnt mean that there wont be lightnings. Even if the F-35B pilot went for STOV, You avaragely need 210 meters to take off which Levent-class LHD will be 220 meters long. Besides, they removed the elevator only at pre design talks. You can never keep the aircraft on the flightdeck forever. I bet, laterly they'll add an improved elevator. It will operate F35B. There's been rumors since the last two years within DZKK that theyll order the B variant. BOTH SHIPS WILL OPERATE F-35Bs on deck. The reason why we cant find an official source about it is that the fuvckin MoND have postponed the initial orders for Lightning II. There's a new modernization plan for Naval Aviation Group Command. It will replace Bell 202/204/212s with T-70, acquisition of ATR-70/600 and also Deniz Hava Grup Komutanlığı plans to form naval fighter squadrons.

Kiddo, wasn't it only OSS? In my time I had to appear for YOS. It was easy beasy! :D

I have from very reliable sources that there indeed would be fighters. The people I speak to are no common folk.

No man they entirely fucvked the system. I want to kick my brain whom have given the decision to leave the service. Who knows maybe I would operate on one of the two lhds. Anyways, country things are secondary for me.

Last edited:
I heard that the design is still under talks which is expected to be last for about 6 months. No ski-jump and no elevator doesnt mean that there wont be lightnings. Even if the F-35B pilot went for STOV, You avaragely need 210 meters to take off which Levent-class LHD will be 220 meters long. Besides, they removed the elevator only at pre design talks. You can never keep the aircraft on the flightdeck forever. I bet, laterly they'll add an improved elevator. It will operate F35B. There's been rumors since the last two years within DZKK that theyll order the B variant. BOTH SHIPS WILL OPERATE F-35Bs on deck. The reason why we cant find an official source about it is that the fuvckin MoND have postponed the initial orders for Lightning II. There's a new modernization plan for Naval Aviation Group Command. It will replace Bell 202/204/212s with T-70, acquisition of ATR-70/600 and also Deniz Hava Grup Komutanlığı plans to form naval fighter squadrons.

No man they entirely fucvked the system. I want to kick my brain whom have given the decision to leave the service. Who knows maybe I would operate on one of the two lhds. Anyways, country things are secondary for me.

Is it not possible for our shipyards to modify the ship with a aircraft lift ? Navantia guys says "the forward aircraft elevator has been substituted by a hatch,"

Acquire the ship, substitute the hatch with an aircraft elevator ?

There's two elevators on the Juan Carlos. One near the middle and one in the back. So far I have heard only about the middle one being covered up. That still leaves the back elevator.

Back
Top Bottom