What's new

Hi, Vapour here

Vapour

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi all,

Been lurking as a guest here since 27th February LY, have had an avid interest in LOC happenings ever since and that's also the main reason why I've joined: to post, enquire and muse on the LOC and what Pakistan can do to strengthen itself there.

Currently residing in the UK, work in Tax but also have family in Pakistan.

Hi all,

Been lurking as a guest here since 27th February LY, have had an avid interest in LOC happenings ever since and that's also the main reason why I've joined: to post, enquire and muse on the LOC and what Pakistan can do to strengthen itself there.

Welcome aboard

Hi all,

Assalam alaikum brother, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your posts.

Hi all,

Welcome hope to see you around contributing and giving pointers on some tax saving :cheers:

Hi all,

Hello,

Do you have an accountancy background ?

Hello,

Do you have an accountancy background ?

Yes, studied it at university. Accounting is primarily auditing-related, so an auditor essentially checks company's financials, to ensure they are to an accurate level what the company have stated as. Otherwise, particularly with big firms, you can run into scandals. Whereas tax, it's essentially solving problems, basically trying to save tax for an individual or a company etc., within the limits of the law. Preferred the latter as you can differentiate yourself within it and also it's more interesting.

Yes, studied it at university. Accounting is primarily auditing-related, so an auditor essentially checks company's financials, to ensure they are to an accurate level what the company have stated as. Otherwise, particularly with big firms, you can run into scandals. Whereas tax, it's essentially solving problems, basically trying to save tax for an individual or a company etc., within the limits of the law. Preferred the latter as you can differentiate yourself within it and also it's more interesting.
In Pakistan is it better to get assets like property and car under company name or own name ?

In Pakistan is it better to get assets like property and car under company name or own name ?

I don't know specifically about Pakistan, but usually there tend to be some reliefs and tax relaxations for businesses compared to individuals.

Also, depends if the company is genuine or just used to get lower tax rates on asset purchases, if you have a competent tax revenue authority, then that does get investigated if the amounts are substantial enough.

I don't know specifically about Pakistan, but usually there tend to be some reliefs and tax relaxations for businesses compared to individuals.

Also, depends if the company is genuine or just used to get lower tax rates on asset purchases, if you have a competent tax revenue authority, then that does get investigated if the amounts are substantial enough.
what's your take on the book, Rich dad Poor dad ?

Back
Top Bottom