What's new

Help Required in understanding of Chinese Economy.

Djinn

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi,
I am doing my thesis on China and my subject is related to strategic studies, i have little knowledge about economy. But in one of the chapters i have to mention Chinese Economic prosperity, so for that i require some help. Would be very grateful if any one can help me out.
My first question:
What growth rate does China require to surpass USA in coming decades? will 7-8% suffice and that too for how long?

I would suggest dont jump out to post 1997 ( restoration of Macau and Hong Kong ) era to study the whole geopolitics,its past and future..
Rather start from Communist Revolution and estb. of PRC... You will get a good grip over Cultural revolution, Xiaoping reforms et cetera which actually made the current Geopolitical situation.

Even better, if you want to read some good stuff and also collect fodder points for your thesis, read "On China" by Henry Kissinger, masterpiece ( somewhat biased ) but then again, a scholarly book !

My first question:
What growth rate does China require to surpass USA in coming decades? will 7-8% suffice and that too for how long?

What measure do you want to use to compare the economies? Absolute numbers or Purchasing Power Parity?

What measure do you want to use to compare the economies? Absolute numbers or Purchasing Power Parity?
Absolute. I have read somewhere that if China maintains growth rate of 7-8 it will surpass USA in coming decade or so.

Back
Top Bottom