What's new

Helicopters idling in India,needed in Pakistan

What is the fuss ??

If Pak does not need Indian help, forget it. One can only offer.

indian helicopters with indian pilots pose a security risk

indian helicopters with pakistani pilots do not

it depends whether the gesture is truly selfless and generous or whether india is trying to leverage the desperation of the situation to gain some "wins"

deep down everyone knows what is exactly is the reality

Come On, Indian pilots pose a threat but not Indian Helicopters, But GOP must be selfless and And ask for it, Instead of Keeping its Head high even in this time, India came Low And Offered aid and Doctors, and also said India would be ready to do Anything what Pakistan wants at this crucial Moment..... So Now Its Upto Pakistan to ask for The help in the form of Helicopters.... Why cant PAkistan ask for it, Answer this question Please????

I dont understand,why we need to shove it off to their throat..if they need it they will ask for it..if they dont want,then move on..There are plenty of needs for choppers in our country too..As Gounder said use it to help those CRPF jawans..may be some valuble lives can be saved..

So your Indian mentality atlast came out. Cant even resist to troll on thread realted to flood victims....You should apply in TOI. They'll always look for talent like yours.

When You guys Make our Commitment towards Your Nation in the form of an Aid a Political Game?, why cant I Bully Your Thoughts??? If Iam troll, then so is the person for Whom I Replied

People are getting mislead here, indian government hasn't offered the helis yet...

Pakistan appealed to the UN for helis, and they are asking the other nations for helis. If india want's to help it can offer the helis.

Question should be . . .If India were to a similar calamity "God forbid" . . Is India would accept the Pakistani Helicopters to flight In the Indian airspace ?

Question should be . . .If India were to a similar calamity "God forbid" . . Is India would accept the Pakistani Helicopters to flight In the Indian airspace ?

We do have a fleet of over 300 Helicopter, and If Something Beyond that is Needed, then Yes Why Not???

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

People are getting mislead here, indian government hasn't offered the helis yet...

Pakistan appealed to the UN for helis, and they are asking the other nations for helis. If india want's to help it can offer the helis.

If You can ask other nations, why not India, nearest Neighbor??? any particular reason to avoid us??

UN says Pakistan urgently needs more aid helicopters

More helicopters are urgently needed to deliver aid to the millions of Pakistanis still cut off by devastating floods, says the UN's food agency.

Many roads have been blocked and bridges washed away by what UN head Ban Ki-moon called a "slow-motion tsunami".

Millions of people need food, shelter and water after weeks of floods that have submerged much of the country.

Aid agencies have said funding for relief operations is increasing but much more is needed.

The monsoon-triggered floods have affected about one-fifth of Pakistan.

About 1,600 people have been killed and an estimated 20 million people affected by the worst floods in Pakistan's history.

Tens of thousands of villages remain underwater and there are warnings the crisis may worsen as flood waters continue to surge south along the Indus River.

Experts have warned that greater relief efforts are needed to avoid a second wave of deaths from water-borne diseases such as cholera.

Spokeswoman for the UN's World Food Programme (WFP), Emilia Casella, said the agency only had 10 helicopters at its disposal but expected to have another five later on Friday.

She said it was not enough: "If you do the math, we are trying to reach six million people and today we've reached 1.2 million."

"You need to have helicopters in rotation numerous times a day to communities to get the capacity up. We need the helicopters now... but the helicopters have to be funded," she said in Geneva.

When You guys Make our Commitment towards Your Nation in the form of an Aid a Political Game?, why cant I Bully Your Thoughts??? If Iam troll, then so is the person for Whom I Replied
Last i checked it was Indians doing false propaganda on flood victims.

NO RESPECT FOR YOU GUYS......YOU DONT DESERVE IT.

We do have a fleet of over 300 Helicopter, and If Something Beyond that is Needed, then Yes Why Not???

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

If You can ask other nations, why not India, nearest Neighbor??? any particular reason to avoid us??

Yes you are our enemies with such a cheap mentality which do propaganda on poor flood victims life.

last time i checked U.N wasn't a nation, and india is part of the U.N so pakistan is asking india indirectly.

I can nothing wrong in using Pak rotary wing aircraft in the interiors of India should a situation EVER arise. They route into the country would naturally have to be carefully orchestrated so as not to fly over sensitive areas andNo fly zones would be designated. Part of the crew could also be Indian.

In any case they would not be able to make out a sausage when they fly over flodded regions.

They could operate out of civilian air strips or out of impromptu helipads.

have india offered the use of their helicopters?

if they offered aid then why not the use of the more useful helicopters?

Did u see the reluctance with which the $5m was accepted? It needed persuasion from the US. and when we offered to send doctors, who are desperately needed, the offer was refused indirectly, by a reluctance to issue visas to these doctors.

Those were all offers at a civilian and governmental level. after all these, do u think Pak is going to allow the Indian Military to help? We are not offering because we know there is no point. It will be rejected faster than you can say, "Helicopters". So obviously we have no business pushing aid on you and begging to accept.

I heard even Israel offered help, but hasn't got a reply so far. If the government and certain people in a country are playing petty politics during a crisis, the will of others to help them deteriorates. If Indian aid was accepted with good grace, it would have prompted many more Indian citizens, companies and NRIs to send money at an individual level. It could have facilitated India sending helicopters. It could have been a serious stepping stone to the path to peace.

Unfortunately the politicians blew it with their petty egos.

Back
Top Bottom