What's new

Hatf-VIII Ra'ad II (ALCM) | Updates, News & Discussion

Has anyone seen this photo of Raad before? Never seen a Raad with Black-red color scheme.
EZTVvHfXYAAhJET[1].jpg

FATAH 1 seems to have better pin point accuracy than Raad and Buraq

Last edited:
Anyone got any pictures of raad 2 from the parade today

Any idea if it will be compatible with the J-10C too? IMO the larger and more capable J-10C would make sense than the JF-17!
I imagine so, but it depends on how the PAF intends to use the J-10CE. It seems that the current primary role of the J-10CE (in the PAF) is air-to-air.

The PAF wants to make as many of the J-10CEs and F-16s available for BVR engagements. Logically, this means that the JF-17s and Mirages are going to be the main bomb trucks. In fact, those were the exact 2 fighter types the PAF used in the strike role back in Feb 2019 against India. So the processes and training for using the JF-17 in the SOW deployment role are already present.

The JF-17 is certainly smaller and lighter than the J-10CE, but the PAF's goal is to hit specific targets using precision stand-off weapons. It's not ideal, but if a JF-17 can deploy two SOWs and/or ALCMs, that's sufficient. You can use drones, GLCMs, MLRS etc to fill out the rest of the strike requirement. The J-10CEs and F-16s will provide the top cover and/or sweep.

That said, it seems that the PAF is open to using the J-10CE for the strike role. The PAF implied that the fighter can carry SOWs as-is. This may be something we see as the PAF builds out the J-10CE fleet (the minimum is always 90+ for a new fighter type).

Any idea if it will be compatible with the J-10C too? IMO the larger and more capable J-10C would make sense than the JF-17!
They already said the J-10C was an omni-role aircraft, including nuclear delivery. I don't see why it wouldn't be used with the J-10C

I think it could but does it make sense? Therefore my question if it makes not more sense to integrate it to the J-10C.
Why not both? J-10Cs may not always be available. The JF-17 is still a better platform to carry it than the Mirage, no?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom