What's new

HAL Tejas AFM article.

What is the latest date for the induction of first squadron ?

Unlike other air forces, our IAF only inducts when it is fully capable.

IAF user trail will start by this month.

What do you mean "unlike other air forces"? BTW that wasn't asked, anyway thankx for unasked info.

Any idea about date of induction?

What do you mean "unlike other air forces"? BTW that wasn't asked, anyway thankx for unasked info.

Any idea about date of induction?

PAF, USAF for example.

Date od induction - read my earlier post.

What is the latest date for the induction of first squadron ?

Even full IOC has not been given yet (apparently this time IOC is also being given in two stages), and the date for that has not been fixed. Then there will have to be FOC before it can enter squadron service. So no dates are possible to predict. Last I heard, they were expecting it to happen around 2014-15, and at the same time MK2 will have its first flight.

Any body else with off crap feces to post who would like to go pink?? Hmm?

On the serious note of the topic.. and not withstanding rockstar's acerbic and misplaced comment.
The Tejas has been a bigger bite for HAL than it could chew off easily.. the result are the delays and errors.
However.. the fruit of this will be felt when the AMCA is being designed as the Tejas's technology "training" to HAL will contribute a lot to a well thought out and well defined AMCA.

HAL is just trying to drum up support otherwise air force will not buy their goodies.
I wish it was more like Indian Navy, in which Navy tells what it wants, keeps track of the development, gives active input and accepts the product with an open mind.
Tejas is a small step, but air force seems to think it is being forced to buy.

PAF, USAF for example.

Date od induction - read my earlier post.

Update yourself dear... There are full-fledged squadrons operational now. Remove your dark shades for a while and see its 2012 now, not 2005.

You never mentioned date of induction in any of your posts. If you're talking about under quoted post in particular then bro its about user trial (not trail), and it has nothing to do with the prediction about the date of induction. Tejas has seen significant sessions of user trials but haven't yet obtained a true IOC.. I was specifically asking about the info pertaining IOC and FOC but you seem to be in a bad mood. I still wonder if you could update me on that?

Unlike other air forces, our IAF only inducts when it is fully capable.

IAF user trail will start by this month.

Any body else with off crap feces to post who would like to go pink?? Hmm?

On the serious note of the topic.. and not withstanding rockstar's acerbic and misplaced comment.
The Tejas has been a bigger bite for HAL than it could chew off easily.. the result are the delays and errors.
However.. the fruit of this will be felt when the AMCA is being designed as the Tejas's technology "training" to HAL will contribute a lot to a well thought out and well defined AMCA.

I wouldn't blame HAL. When the project was conceived, it was intended as a quick replacement for mig-21s, and to be a lightweight interceptor. The IAF kept increasing its expectations, until it has become a full fledged 4+ generation multirole fighter (albeit with modest range and payload), with a lot of technological sophistication. This has also contributed to the delays.

I still believe that if they can induct the MK2 in large numbers, it can play a very important role in the IAF - at least as useful as the JF-17 can be for pakistan, in addition to giving vast experience to our aerospace sector.Eventually it can replace all the mig 21s, 27s, jaguars and mirages in the IAF, thereby streamlining the force and making it much more efficient.

small and cheap and local i think it will do us more good. Remember reading somewhere about PAF finding small gnats more troublesome as they found it hard to spot.

@ Janon, I agree with you, HAL has been given so much of burden. It is developing Tejas with new demands everyday, producing MKIs, updating other jets, MRCA with ToT will add extra burden.. You can only expect delay when one has so much work to do.

@ Janon, I agree with you, HAL has been given so much of burden. It is developing Tejas with new demands everyday, producing MKIs, updating different other jets, MRCA with ToT will add extra burden.. You can only expect delay when one has so much work to do.

You are correct sir, not to mention continued work on ALH, LCH, LUH, IMRH,IJT, Jag UPG etc however this is very much a growth stage for HAL and they are rapidly increasing their capacity so by the end of this decade they will well and truly be a global aeronautical powerhouse.

The photo is a fake, there is no probe in that jet.

Discussed it in LCA sticky earlier
The photograph is real.
It is scanned from HAL's Tejas booklet.
s41lw6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom