What's new

HAL Tejas AFM article.

Because unlike the IAF and USAF.. the PAF is both the customer and the manufacturer.
LM makes the F-35.. the USAF buys it
HAL makes the LCA.. the IAF buys it.
PAF Makes the JF-17.. the PAF tests it, buys it.. all within the system.

Its a good point.. However it has its downsides.. When one is himself responsible to putting something together, one's needs get constrained by one's capabilities.. However a third party manufacturer, allows the user to list all requirements that are driven by the real needs and wants irrespective of user's own manufacturing capabilities..

Oh ho # 46, please read carefully

Acha!! Considering simplicity of your words I can't understand when you imply "our IAF only inducts when it is fully capable"?. Do you know you contradict with your words?

Unlike other air forces, our IAF only inducts when it is fully capable.

IAF user trail will start by this month.

Acha!! Considering simplicity of your words I can't understand when you imply "our IAF only inducts when it is fully capable"?. Do you know you contradict with your words?

I cant understand whts ur exact question?

I have checked the video of PV-3 first flight. there is no probe in that video.

You can also check the same in youtube.
True.
But this photograph is very much real.
I do not know whether they integrated it to flight test it or not.What I do know is that they sure can integrate it as they have successfully integrated it onto the Jaguar and have experiences with MiG29K(HAL was the one reassemble the disassembled package),Su30 and in the near future,the MiG29SMT.
Remember that the PV3 is the first Tejas to get the MMR and by following recent Tejas flight trial numbers(which you have posted) the PV3 is flying more than the other PV's.

Its a good point.. However it has its downsides.. When one is himself responsible to putting something together, one's needs get constrained by one's capabilities.. However a third party manufacturer, allows the user to list all requirements that are driven by the real needs and wants irrespective of user's own manufacturing capabilities..

You need to elaborate how specifically??
Since PAC's operations are integrated within the PAF but use their own resources(along with those available at CAC).

HAL had its own limitations.. to say that HAL had vast resources and still managed to be stuck at a stage in the design seems an insult to organization.. :confused:

HAL had its own limitations.. to say that HAL had vast resources and still managed to be stuck at a stage in the design seems an insult to organization.. :confused:
HAL isn't the one which designed the Tejas,FYI.
And HAL/Tejas team did not have vast financial resources as the money was sanctioned for the complete program after 1996(until then the Tejas team was to present just two prototypes) and they did not have enough infrastructure to come through with building and testing a new platform.
HAL has seen so much money(or orders) only in the recent years due to the Su30 etc. so now they are reasonably independent.

why Indians are behind schedule

Lot of reasons.
1. Lack of technical know how
2. Corruption
3. flawed Procurement policy
4. Lack of forthrightness

Indian generals want perfect finished product for there arsenal, where as other part of world Including USA and Russia procure the product first then they give the finishing touch. Once I was watching program on F111A, Americans found glitch on it in warfield, they improved it and they came up with better version.

You need to elaborate how specifically??
Since PAC's operations are integrated within the PAF but use their own resources(along with those available at CAC).

I think you misunderstood.. I was not comparing HAL vs PAF/CAC.. Was more commenting on separating out the organization responsible for giving requirements and USer testing from the organization responsible for manufacturing.. That way there are less chances of mistakes being swept under the carpet..

I think you misunderstood.. I was not comparing HAL vs PAF/CAC.. Was more commenting on separating out the organization responsible for giving requirements and USer testing from the organization responsible for manufacturing.. That way there are less chances of mistakes being swept under the carpet..

But that has not worked well with the F-35 program ..has it? The mistakes have been piling up.
Perhaps due to the fact that the end user was not involved throughout the manufacturing process to ensure that the final product met its specifications.
The susceptibility to "mediocre" results works both ways, and depends upon the end user.

i think the single reason was IAF...
IAF was never keen on inducting Tejas, had it been keen enough tejas would have been inducted years ago as it was ready in 2003-4. IAF just kept on increasing its depends instead of opting for realistic approach. result was they kept on flying the oldest mig21 putting lots of pilots in risk. also IAF practically wasted millions on upgrading mig21 when it should have inducted the first trench of LCA

i think the single reason was IAF...
IAF was never keen on inducting Tejas, had it been keen enough tejas would have been inducted years ago as it was ready in 2003-4. IAF just kept on increasing its depends instead of opting for realistic approach. result was they kept on flying the oldest mig21 putting lots of pilots in risk. also IAF practically wasted millions on upgrading mig21 when it should have inducted the first trench of LCA

Very true, intially IAF asked for a cheap, lightweight replacment to Mig-21 but as time progressed they kept raising the bar so now the LCA is an advanced multi-role 4.5+gen fighter.

Back
Top Bottom