What's new

HAL Tejas AFM article.

Any body else with off crap feces to post who would like to go pink?? Hmm?

On the serious note of the topic.. and not withstanding rockstar's acerbic and misplaced comment.
The Tejas has been a bigger bite for HAL than it could chew off easily.. the result are the delays and errors.
However.. the fruit of this will be felt when the AMCA is being designed as the Tejas's technology "training" to HAL will contribute a lot to a well thought out and well defined AMCA.

I fail to understand what is so acerbic and misplaced info. about it.

I said unlike other air forces like PAF & USAF, IAF is waiting to get the jets for user trails/induction certified by NFTC

Now here is some info. about National Flight Test Centre

National Flight Test Centre (NFTC)

NFTC was formed in July 1994 pooling in resources of ADA, HAL & IAF by the then Scientific Adviser to the Raksha Mantri, Dr. A PJ Abdul Kalam, to undertake flight-testing of the LCA exclusively . An effective and efficient system has been put in place in the disciplines of:

Flight test operations
Flight test engineering
Flight test instrumentation

Development Flight Test Programme

Full Scale Engineering Development (FSED) phase
Initial Operational Clearance (IOC)
Final Operational Clearance (FOC)
Special tasks associated with futuristic technologies

NFTC

Meanwhile PAF is directly involved in JF-17 from the development itself.
USAF technicians started getting experience on F-35s.
USAF to Train on New F-35 Before Year's End - Defense News

I'm not saying having NFTC is a huge advantage, but that is how things work here. They are very adamant people to give certifications, there is a news that LCA doing 8-9 G but these guys not ready to certify/accept it.

And about LCA's usefulness in today's contest. I still believe a light weight interceptor is always required for IAF. The small, low RCS interceptor is to replace Migs and have a good advantage on our western borders since there is no heavy class sir dominance fighters at opposite side.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

The photograph is real.
It is scanned from HAL's Tejas booklet.
s41lw6.jpg

I have checked the video of PV-3 first flight. there is no probe in that video.

You can also check the same in youtube.

Update yourself dear... There are full-fledged squadrons operational now. Remove your dark shades for a while and see its 2012 now, not 2005.

You never mentioned date of induction in any of your posts. If you're talking about under quoted post in particular then bro its about user trial (not trail), and it has nothing to do with the prediction about the date of induction. Tejas has seen significant sessions of user trials but haven't yet obtained a true IOC.. I was specifically asking about the info pertaining IOC and FOC but you seem to be in a bad mood. I still wonder if you could update me on that?

Read Janon's post and my reply to santro.

Meanwhile Tejas user trail versions, LSP-7 & LSP-8 is yet be ready, running behind the schedule. Now LSP-7 is to fly in Jan end or Feb and will be handed over to IAF thereafter for user trail. IAF formed a user trail team who is waiting to get the jets.

On the serious note of the topic.. and not withstanding rockstar's acerbic and misplaced comment.
The Tejas has been a bigger bite for HAL than it could chew off easily.. the result are the delays and errors.
However.. the fruit of this will be felt when the AMCA is being designed as the Tejas's technology "training" to HAL will contribute a lot to a well thought out and well defined AMCA.

His comment isn't meant that way, it's about the (imo silly) policy of IAF to induct LCA in numbers only with most of the integration test done. JF 17 for example was inducted in PAF before most weapon trials were done, before HMS, LDP...were integtrated, compare that with LCA and you will see the difference.
HAL is actually too dependent in terms of developing LCA of ADA and DRDO, not to mention the changing requirements of IAF and IN. If they had done it alone or at least as the leading partner, things might have been different. Wrt to benefits for AMCA, all that LCA and AMCA would share, is basically not developed yet and will not be developed by HAL (AESA, IRST, NG EWS, Kaveri engine). The design will be clearly different so they won't have much benefit there as well, the biggest advantage might be cockpit design and material research.

I fail to understand what is so acerbic and misplaced info. about it.

Because unlike the IAF and USAF.. the PAF is both the customer and the manufacturer.
LM makes the F-35.. the USAF buys it
HAL makes the LCA.. the IAF buys it.
PAF Makes the JF-17.. the PAF tests it, buys it.. all within the system.

Because unlike the IAF and USAF.. the PAF is both the customer and the manufacturer.

Santroji,
So paf owns pac?

His comment isn't meant that way, it's about the (imo silly) policy of IAF to induct LCA in numbers only with most of the integration test done. JF 17 for example was inducted in PAF before most weapon trials were done, before HMS, LDP...were integtrated, compare that with LCA and you will see the difference.
HAL is actually too dependent in terms of developing LCA of ADA and DRDO, not to mention the changing requirements of IAF and IN. If they had done it alone or at least as the leading partner, things might have been different. Wrt to benefits for AMCA, all that LCA and AMCA would share, is basically not developed yet and will not be developed by HAL (AESA, IRST, NG EWS, Kaveri engine). The design will be clearly different so they won't have much benefit there as well, the biggest advantage might be cockpit design and material research.

But what about the manufacturing process learnt? the single piece composite construction.. the skills on design simulation?
All that must count towards the AMCA?

Santroji,
So paf owns pac?

Yes, completely and without any other government agency having a say.
Which is why it is the designer, the builder.. the tester and the customer..
So it is natural that the JF will be seen in PAF colors flying while it is going workups.
Its IOC was with A2A systems..

Im not sure but I do suspect that the IAF's role solely as a customer and not as an involved entity with the LCA may have led to the changing req.

Yes considering they have been building jet fighter/trainers since the 50s.....Ajeet, HF-24 Maurat and the Kiran to name a few.

You don't feel that it is alway better to be Behind the schedule rather then to be without Schedule.

Thats what I said..'unlike other air forces'

i think jf-17 is chinese for pakistani requirements.

Back
Top Bottom