What's new

HAL Tejas AFM article.

WIKIPEDIA is quite a reliable source, if you have any confusion.............

"The HAL Tejas (Sanskrit: तेजस् "Radiant", Hindi pronunciation: [t̪eːdʒəs] "

Thread reported for intentionally misspelling the name .. I mean replacing Th with a B in Thunder is as easy as missing out the last S in Tejas... In case you want to go there...

:azn:

C'mon pal, this guy has posted a surprisingly balanced and well written article and you are criticising his grammar? I for one would prefer poor grammar to continuous troll threads.

@Windjammer, thanks for posting this article. It has actually given me hope (that I had lost for a long time) for the LCA program. And it is clear to see why the project has taken so long, starting from 0 with such minimal funding for such a program has caused massive delays added to that govt and IAF reluctance to accept the program at every stage and the program having to prove itself at every stage before receiving extra funding. I can't see any program flourishing under such constraints. However now full backing has been given things are moving at pretty rapid pace (relatively) and no doubt this program will spawn others and have a long lasting impact on India.

It does not matter if Tejas is inducted in IAF in large numbers..

I would consider the program success if we incorporate what we have learnt from the mistakes we have committed in LCA program in the future programs such as AMCA etc..If we can deliver AMCA program in next 10-15 yrs...LCA Tejas is worth continuing...

What nonsense, isn't Tejas multiple of Teja. ??
Teja is a name of Sanskrit origin, meaning radiant. Teja can also be short for Indian names such as Tejaswi or Tejaswini which also means radiant.

Tejas is a Sanskrit word that means - sharp / radiant energy / fire.

So there's a subtle difference!

Cheers!

Is there a mid air refueling probe in the lca? I see some thing like that in the pic,a little small though

well india is also pronounced differently in arabic but they use the world hind so no problem there

i dont know why instead of discussing LCA and the article there is round ago on teja/tejas etc

Image nicked from BR Tejas gallery.
Acc. to the description,it is scanned from the Tejas Booklet.
1t0h7k.jpg

^^^The probe looks like the one on the Jag(After the DARIN upg. by HAL)
There were images of Jags involved in A2A refueling on their way to Oman(too lazy to search for it now:P)

^^^ Is it fixed or retractable? I reckon retractable one will be mounted on Tejas MK-2. The bird in picture is PV3(?) so I think it could be fixed one. No probe on LSP aircrafts!! If PV3 is production variant then LSP aircrafts must have been flying with a visible probe.

I doubt this photo..

The photo is a fake, there is no probe in that jet.

Discussed it in LCA sticky earlier

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom