What's new

Govt decides to expand Pak missile program

I think this was always expected, with the Babur and Raad, along with Pakistan's plutonim plant coming near completion, clearly Pakistan feels it is time to get smaller lighter waheads to mount onto cruise missiles, which can then in turn be stationed onto its naval and land based facilities.

Time to move away from the heavy uranium bomb, and catch upto the Indian nuclear program.

Not really, consisdering that we already have China as a Bigger Threat.
India is well aware of Pak's capabilities.

Have a look on what i said in my previous post.
Though u have a valid point i never meant it.

to be honest man its our own foolish assumptions we consider each other as worst enemies....

wht ever .....china is better and bigger than india........and india now in span of 4-6 years improved dramatically (not saying because i am pakistani) while we went into **** (thnx to Musharraf and Co).....still nothings gone.........just we need some decision makers...

well pakistan need to maintain some sort of balance in the region, wht ever mean they adopt to get money....but both the countries are facing common issues..........
for me rather than running in the race of sophisticated weapons, best is to invest on your own ppl.......

Holy Crap.

So... I don't really get it. Are they expanding the nuclear warhead count or the nuclear-capable missile count?

ISLAMABAD: The government has decided to expand its nuclear program, sources told SAMAA on Wednesday.

The government has asked the Finance Ministry tto provide funds to upgrade the missile program of the country.

Prime Minister Syed yousuf Raza Gilani presided the meeting of the strategic planing division on January 19, 2010. Finance Minister Shaukat Tareen, Chairman Joints Chief of Staff Committee General Tariq Majeed and Director General Strategic and Planning Division also joined the meeting, sources added.

The members of the meeting approved to supgrade the missile program of the country to maintain balance of power in the region, sources added.

The Finance Ministry has been instructed to provide resources for upgradation of the missile program, sources added

.:: SAMAA - Govt decides to expand Pak missile program
:yahoo:

I saw that news Yesterday on TV Channel (Dont know which one), and I tried a lot to search on google for reference to post it.

Thanxs bro....
Pak has been testing unannouncd missile tests for last 3 years. Now we will see new announced tests. :pakistan:

Good Move in the name of defense of the Nation.
But where is the Money ?

Again, An Indian crap..
We have money....thats y we are buying JF-17, J-10B, F-22P frigates, USS McInerney (FFG-8), 4 U214 Subs or China Nuke Subs, Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C, F-16 Block 52, Embraer Phenom
Phenom 100, Ilyushin Il-78, Shaanxi Y-8F600,SELEX Galileo Falco (Now its a joint production between Pak & Italy) and number of other projects. This is a first punch for you

And the Second BOMB punch is that Pakistan already have developed missiles like Ghauri-I ,Ghauri-II, Ghauri-III (range 3,000-3,500 km).
Shaheen-I ,Shaheen-II, Shaheen-III (range 4000-4500 km).
Ra'ad , Babur cruise missiles (ranges 700KM).
And their are more and more .....dont have space and time to write them.

But the bottom line is that for local production you dont need to spend such big amount :sniper:

Again, An Indian crap..
We have money....thats y we are buying JF-17, J-10B, F-22P frigates, USS McInerney (FFG-8), 4 U214 Subs or China Nuke Subs, Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C, F-16 Block 52, Embraer Phenom
Phenom 100, Ilyushin Il-78, Shaanxi Y-8F600,SELEX Galileo Falco (Now its a joint production between Pak & Italy) and number of other projects. This is a first punch for you

And the Second BOMB punch is that Pakistan already have developed missiles like Ghauri-I ,Ghauri-II, Ghauri-III (range 3,000-3,500 km).
Shaheen-I ,Shaheen-II, Shaheen-III (range 4000-4500 km).
Ra'ad , Babur cruise missiles (ranges 700KM).
And their are more and more .....dont have space and time to write them.

But the bottom line is that for local production you dont need to spend such big amount :sniper:

Sir. no offence but you already have sufficient deterrent when India is considered.
As for your "punches" are considered, well you are free to develop anything you deem best. However I would like to know what kind of expansion Pakistan would be doing, in terms of quantity or quality. Also in this economic tough times, I am curious about the funding as well as international responses.

Also your post seem high on emotion. Anyways, as far local production is concerned Pakistan is certainly doing good in missile technology. There is no need for ICBM as some member suggested. For India you do not have to develop it.

Anyways, our best wishes. Waiting for additional info in this regard.
Lastly, an Indian member did not write crap. He didn't raise anything about missile program. he just asked about source of money.
:cheers:

Sir. no offence but you already have sufficient deterrent when India is considered.
As for your "punches" are considered, well you are free to develop anything you deem best. However I would like to know what kind of expansion Pakistan would be doing, in terms of quantity or quality. Also in this economic tough times, I am curious about the funding as well as international responses.

Also your post seem high on emotion. Anyways, as far local production is concerned Pakistan is certainly doing good in missile technology. There is no need for ICBM as some member suggested. For India you do not have to develop it.

Anyways, our best wishes. Waiting for additional info in this regard.
Lastly, an Indian member did not write crap. He didn't raise anything about missile program. he just asked about source of money.
:cheers:

It would be both quality and quantity. The more money they have, more R&D would be done and numbers would be increased. And we do new a few hundreds warheads to keep a deterrent.

And as for ICBMs, can you tell me why does Israel have ICBMs, even when its enemies are al around it and within few hundred miles range.

Today we may not have an enemy required to be targeted by an ICBM, but nobody knows about tomorrow.

We had a long discussion in the taimur ICBM thread and discussed in length with a US member, so today we may not need an ICBM, but we do need to have the tech that in case tomorrow requirement arises, we can make one or have one.

It would be both quality and quantity. The more money they have, more R&D would be done and numbers would be increased. And we do new a few hundreds warheads to keep a deterrent.

Well....I did not get anything specific to fundings. No offences but when country itself is going through internal crisis and there is financial tough times, I fail to see from where they would generate money. Any RnD would certainly need cutting allocation from above which is a need of worry. Also the above mentioned issue is not going to solve very soon.
BTW, increasing quantity is easier route in current scenario IMO.

And as for ICBMs, can you tell me why does Israel have ICBMs, even when its enemies are al around it and within few hundred miles range.

Sir, Pakistan's policy is not related to Israel. As you have said, Pakistan is not "all-round" surrounded by enemies. Atleast it has one very friendly big sized neighbour.
Anyways I was responding to some post which said Pakistan said develop ICBM in this expansion initiative.

Today we may not have an enemy required to be targeted by an ICBM, but nobody knows about tomorrow.

Agreed. I was more in terms of present day scenario. Anyways agreed with your comment.

We had a long discussion in the taimur ICBM thread and discussed in length with a US member, so today we may not need an ICBM, but we do need to have the tech that in case tomorrow requirement arises, we can make one or have one.

Building ICBM means it could arise suspicion in some other nations apart from USA. This is why I put the point of international pressure.

Last edited:
Well....I did not get anything specific to fundings. No offences but when country itself is going through internal crisis and there is financial tough times, I fail to see from where they would generate money. Any RnD would certainly need cutting allocation from above which is a need of worry. Also the above mentioned issue is not going to solve very soon.
BTW, increasing quantity is easier route in current scenario IMO.

Sir, Pakistan's policy is not related to Israel. As you have said, Pakistan is not "all-round" surrounded by enemies. Atleast it has one very friendly big sized neighbour.
Anyways I was responding to some post which said Pakistan said develop ICBM in this expansion initiative.

Building ICBM means it could arise suspicion in some other nations apart from USA. This is why I put the point if international pressure.

I don't know why Indian members are soooooo much worried by our money problems. India is spending billions on its defence needs, which should be diverted to their own economy and especially for poverty alleviation. So plzz don't worry for us, ask your govt to make India whole Shining, not just a part of it.

We have money, good or bad economic situation, it doesn't matters, we can get the money for our defence needs. Plus, such funding is not gonna take Billions, rather a few more millions. We already have the technology, its just to make it more better, lethal and develop something new out of them and raise the numbers too, looking at the hostile intents of our enemies.

Try to understand the reference of Israel, i said its enemies are all around it in a few hundred kilometer range, but they have more then 5,000+KM ICBM in service or being developed, capable enough to hit Europe, US and much of the world. So if Israel has enemy within a few hundred miles, why is it making ICBMs capable enough to land in Europe or US. Does it have enemies over there ?? Or is it eying a future adversary somewhere in Europe, Asia or even US. One should ask this question that why a country it making ICBMs when all of its enemies are within its striking range already with their 1000+KM range cruise and ballistic missiles.

There is nothing confirmed that we are gonna built or even making an ICBM. So this is just a rumor.

Our first priority should be to get and perfect the MIRV technology, make our missiles more lethal, accurate, the infrastructure, the numbers should be increased, etc etc etc.

And the expansion in missile development doesn't just means SSM system, there are other purposes for which missiles are used, on which Pakistan is already working.

And yeah as for pressure or something else, well we made other things too with pressure and sanctions on our head. So why not this too.

Well....I did not get anything specific to fundings. No offences but when country itself is going through internal crisis and there is financial tough times, I fail to see from where they would generate money.

Pakistan is not poor country in nature, but poorly managed one. We have one of the largest coal, gas, gold, brass and 10s of reserves that are still untouched. For reference, just go through some of the URLs.

Reference:SeenReport - Lahore - Thar [Pakistan] coal Reserves

If All The Oil Reserves of Saudia Arab & Iran Put Together These Are Approximately 375 Billion Barrels, But A Single Thar Coal Reserve Of Sindh is about 850 Trillion Cubic Feet, Which is More Than Oil Reserves Of Saudia & Iran.

Reference:People's Daily Online -- World's 5th largest gold, copper reserves found in Pakistan

The world's fifth largest reserves of gold and copper were discovered in Chaghi area in Pakistan's southwest Balochistan. "Pak has gold reserves worth trillions of dollars: Samar"

Reference:Pakistan has 1,000 uranium reserves: report - Mining Top News

"Uranium favorable rocks constituted 12 per cent of the total areas of Pakistan", "which could provide the required fuel for its proposed nuclear power plants."

Reference:Suite101.com: Online Magazine and Writers' Network

Pakistan is 9t largest wheat producing country.

Pakistan is 12th largest rice producing country of the world.

Pakistan is 4th largest cotton producing county of the world.

And this is not the everything Pakistan has. We have huge potential to grow and prosper and just need right people at the right places.

I don't know why Indian members are soooooo much worried by our money problems. India is spending billions on its defence needs, which should be diverted to their own economy and especially for poverty alleviation. So plzz don't worry for us, ask your govt to make India whole Shining, not just a part of it.

For the same reason Pakistani member are worried about Gen. Kapoor statement.
There is a lot of distrust between India and Pakistan. Also both have fought several wars with each other. It is very obvious that any such move should be a cause of concern for other.

We have money, good or bad economic situation, it doesn't matters, we can get the money for our defence needs. Plus, such funding is not gonna take Billions, rather a few more millions. We already have the technology, its just to make it more better, lethal and develop something new out of them and raise the numbers too, looking at the hostile intents of our enemies.

I think you are over simplifying the things related to funds. But ofcourse I am less informed that you.
I remember some people raise issue about Indian defence as we have poor people if even we have booming economy. I was just wondering how Pakistan manage it when it does not have much economic strength that too with internal issues. :what:

Try to understand the reference of Israel, i said its enemies are all around it in a few hundred kilometer range, but they have more then 5,000+KM ICBM in service or being developed, capable enough to hit Europe, US and much of the world. So if Israel has enemy within a few hundred miles, why is it making ICBMs capable enough to land in Europe or US. Does it have enemies over there ?? Or is it eying a future adversary somewhere in Europe, Asia or even US. One should ask this question that why a country it making ICBMs when all of its enemies are within its striking range already with their 1000+KM range cruise and ballistic missiles.

There is nothing confirmed that we are gonna built or even making an ICBM. So this is just a rumor.

Since there is no ICBM it is wastage to discuss it. BTW, does Pakistan have suppost as Israel enjoys from USA. However I agree Israel is not main point to discuss.

Our first priority should be to get and perfect the MIRV technology, make our missiles more lethal, accurate, the infrastructure, the numbers should be increased, etc etc etc.

And the expansion in missile development doesn't just means SSM system, there are other purposes for which missiles are used, on which Pakistan is already working.

This is a nice approach.. Waiting from some more related news from GoP. :)

And yeah as for pressure or something else, well we made other things too with pressure and sanctions on our head. So why not this too.

Correct. But still it is a cause of concern. I am not saying Pakistan can't do it. They certainly can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think GoP announcement is more related to put pressure on USA and India. We just had comment from Gen. Kapoor and from Rebort Gates very recently. This all announcement is a part of diplomacy.
If one has to develop missile he could do so covertly rather than singing songs about this. (I guess both nations are doing it).

Last edited:
Also I got some idea about funds from graphican post. Therefore kindly ignore economic part. Thanks.

PHP:
You cant OutScore [COLOR="Red"]500 Gen 5 Fighters ( $80 Million Per Plane ) that India plans to acquire[/COLOR] in future when At present you can only Afford $20 Million Plane Jf17 to make up the Numbers.

Baby i don't think we need anything to counter your future toys, they will crashs :azn: like other toys you have! :pakistan:

For the same reason Pakistani member are worried about Gen. Kapoor statement.
There is a lot of distrust between India and Pakistan. Also both have fought several wars with each other. It is very obvious that any such move should be a cause of concern for other.

Yeah distrust is there, no doubt. People2people relations would be there, but govts, intelligence agencies and establishment of both countries are not sincere and want to back stab at any possible opportunity which comes Pakistan way or India's way.

And we are not concerned or worried by Indian COAS any statement nor take it seriously, atleast i don't. All we want is that such statements should not be stated publicly, as it creates more hatred and distrust, but yeah if the IA wants that then they can keep issuing such statements, as for us even with no such statements the concerned people do know the real intent of each other. With all the purchasing and modernization of IA going on, there is no need for such statement as all these deals give a pretty good picture of the intent these weapons are being procured. But I am still not sure what the statement of IA COAS in reality meant or what were they for.

I think you are over simplifying the things related to funds. But ofcourse I am less informed that you.
I remember some people raise issue about Indian defence as we have poor people if even we have booming economy. I was just wondering how Pakistan manage it when it does not have much economic strength that too with internal issues. :what:

I did not over simplified, i just stated the facts regarding us, which graphican gave in detail through his post. And as for some members saying about India, well same is said about us by Indian members and same about China and China about India. Blame game to be exact. And we don't have any internal issue, the Taliban thing is a small issue, i don't wish to say as i know it will attract counter posts by Indian members, but I do hope you know India has Internal problems too, but it is still developing and moving ahead. If we come to be serious, we can end our problem in no time, as you can see from the recent operations by PA. Same internal issues had been faced by many other countries, who kept going, kept developing, kept developing weapons and survived or are surviving. But our game being played is much more complicated thus it is being dragged.

Since there is no ICBM it is wastage to discuss it. BTW, does Pakistan have suppost as Israel enjoys from USA. However I agree Israel is not main point to discuss.

I think GoP announcement is more related to put pressure on USA and India. We just had comment from Gen. Kapoor and from Rebort Gates very recently. This all announcement is a part of diplomacy.
If one has to develop missile he could do so covertly rather than singing songs about this. (I guess both nations are doing it).

Now you get it :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom