What's new

Govt decides to expand Pak missile program

SAUD-404

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: The government has decided to expand its nuclear program, sources told SAMAA on Wednesday.

The government has asked the Finance Ministry tto provide funds to upgrade the missile program of the country.

Prime Minister Syed yousuf Raza Gilani presided the meeting of the strategic planing division on January 19, 2010. Finance Minister Shaukat Tareen, Chairman Joints Chief of Staff Committee General Tariq Majeed and Director General Strategic and Planning Division also joined the meeting, sources added.

The members of the meeting approved to supgrade the missile program of the country to maintain balance of power in the region, sources added.

The Finance Ministry has been instructed to provide resources for upgradation of the missile program, sources added

.:: SAMAA - Govt decides to expand Pak missile program
:yahoo:

Good Move in the name of defense of the Nation.
But where is the Money ?

do u have any better name in your mind, please share it, we would like to use that so as to please you:cheers:
But where is the Money ?

don't worry about that, we will manage it some how, as a matter of fact we always did manage it some how, but you guys don't have ample vision to see it.

adios

pakistan finance minister will be now responsible for money and i belive he is the best finance minister in the history of pakistan.:smitten:

pakistan finance minister will be now responsible for money and i belive he is the best finance minister in the history of pakistan.:smitten:

best from the bottom of the list :angry: all reserves drained in his tenure :angry::angry:

But i am sure we will be able to generate funds for our Missile programs...... we have done that in past :partay:

and after such news that i am probably hearing after 2-3 years...... i won't be surprised if we test fire another missile soon

Excuse me...it looks like either you have never heard of Dr. Mehboob ul haq or maybe a PPP follower.

do u have any better name in your mind, please share it, we would like to use that so as to please you:cheers:

don't worry about that, we will manage it some how, as a matter of fact we always did manage it some how, but you guys don't have ample vision to see it.

adios

Zardari Goes to Buy French Subs and Its the Pakistani Members who Cry that its more 'in the name' of "KickBacks" than 'in the name of' "Defense".

Also, with the Hardest Times of Resession, The Economic Expansion is more necessary which will enable to make expanision for defence by leaps and bounds in future.

You cant OutScore 500 Gen 5 Fighters ( $80 Million Per Plane ) that India plans to acquire in future when At present you can only Afford $20 Million Plane Jf17 to make up the Numbers.

My Honest Opinion is your Economy needs more Attention Right Now.

Nuclear Weapons are the ultimate deterrent that and air power is something we should focus on.

Zardari Goes to Buy French Subs and Its the Pakistani Members who Cry that its more 'in the name' of "KickBacks" than 'in the name of' "Defense".

Also, with the Hardest Times of Resession, The Economic Expansion is more necessary which will enable to make expanision for defence by leaps and bounds in future.

You cant OutScore 500 Gen 5 Fighters ( $80 Million Per Plane ) that India plans to acquire in future when At present you can only Afford $20 Million Plane Jf17 to make up the Numbers.

My Honest Opinion is your Economy needs more Attention Right Now.

Thank you so much for your concern!

BTW we know you are not actually concerned about Pakistan's economy or that from where Pakistan will manage the finances for this, you are rather worried 'what if Pakistan managed it?' :azn: which we will, InshAllah. So why don't you stop worrying about it and do something else.

Thank you so much for your concern!

BTW we know you are not actually concerned about Pakistan's economy or that from where Pakistan will manage the finances for this, you are rather worried 'what if Pakistan managed it?' :azn: which we will, InshAllah. So why don't you stop worrying about it and do something else.

Not really, consisdering that we already have China as a Bigger Threat.
India is well aware of Pak's capabilities.

Have a look on what i said in my previous post.
Though u have a valid point i never meant it.

Currently, more than half of India's budget is allocated for military, paramilitary, police, various security forces and debt servicing. That leaves less than half for everything else, including infrastructure development projects, education, healthcare, poverty alleviation, and various human services. This new arms buildup by India will leave even less for what India needs most: to lift hundreds of millions of its citizens from abject poverty, hunger, squalor and disease.

The US and Russian support is emboldening India's military, and its leadership has already started saber rattling against Pakistan and China. Recently, Lt-General A S Lamba of Indian Army has been quoted by the Indian media as boating about a "massive thrust into Rawalpindi to quiet Pakistanis within 48 hours of the start of assault." Indian Army chief General Deepak Kapoor has said India is ready for a “the successful firming-up of the cold start strategy (to be able to go to war promptly) in the multiple fronts against multiple different militias at the same time.” General Kapoor has talked about taking on China and Pakistan at the same time.

Such an arms buildup by India is sure to threaten India's neighbors and fuel an arms race that South Asians can ill afford with widespread abject poverty, hunger, malnutrition and very low levels of human development. According to media reports from Islamabad, Pakistan has responded to India's aggressive intents by deciding to expand its missile program.

Haq's Musings: Growing India-US Military Ties Worry Pakistan

Haq's Musings: India's Missile Shield and Israel Envy Threaten Pakistan

All right - this isn't the economy section.

Move off the financing aspect of this please, which means no responses to previous off topic posts.

But where is the Money ?

Well, quite different from other countries Pakistani Military is a different case they do not completely rely on gov., instead they manage it by military sales(of course common) but unlike others, pursues business from Insurance companies, banks, mills, cement factories, Chemical and fertilizer production to Schools, colleges, universities & Housing projects and alot more, its has a multi-million business empire of its own to feed it.

Back
Top Bottom