What's new

Governor Punjab, Salman Taseer, Killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy, the ISPR does not need to pin attacks on TTP, the shameless bastards accept the responsibility quite proudly themselves........

Don't hold your breath, I can see some back story about how the killer was a family friend and had connections to "punjabi Taliban" with an hour long special on PTV. Come on, all security lapses, intelligence failures, forensic negligence has to have a scape-goat? It did last time, in the form of baitullah mehsud.

Let's wait and see.

They did not seek America's help in particular, the people couldn't careless if the helicopter airlifting them was Indian, Pakistani, American, British, Afghan, Italian or martian !

Exactly. Can you please tell us the percentage of American flagged and American supplied helicopters and supplies that were deployed compared to all these other nationalities (assuming martian is a nationality, not a planety :) ) in this time of great need?

No i will not kill that person, i will just cut his or her tongue and gorge his or her eyes out, and let that person live as an example. :coffee:

until someone with an ideology even more stone-age hiding behind the veil of shariah chops off your body parts under some random pretext. learn to live like civilized people or you will taste your own medicine sooner than later.

and the mods allowed this rant because it is relevant to the topic... Oh hey TFaz even thanked him for this... LOL

What a joke!!!

Heres a better idea... Secularists such as yourself should all be thrown into jail... Qaid Ba Mushaqat!!!

Your idea vs my idea... When you have something constructive to contribute... Do post again

I am beginning to believe that Mods here are biased, they have allowed, heck even thanked people who call people with different opinions as supporters of violence and terrorism.

In the end its just boils down to 2 different type of opinions.
The opinion of mainstream majority of Pakistanis living in Pakistan.
and the opinions of minority liberals sitting in UK or USA or other western countires.

unfortunately the later have been given free hand.

Exactly. Can you please tell us the percentage of American flagged and American supplied helicopters and supplies that were deployed compared to all these other nationalities (assuming martian is a nationality, not a planety :) ) in this time of great need?

I'm not saying America didn't do enough. I am in debt for their help during the flood crisis, I am merely replying to Solomon's point that most Pakistani seek America's guidance in our affairs.....

I'm not saying America didn't do enough. I am in debt for their help during the flood crisis, I am merely replying to Solomon's point that most Pakistani seek America's guidance in our affairs.....

Thank you for that reply. It is appreciated.

Fair enough.

However, please be prepared for the other sides to push back and take on these fanatics as well.

We shall soon see who is victorious.

That matter is the one who has the will to see it to the end.. and the one who knows how to use available recourses best..
but still that is another matter..

The problem with fanaticism is ..that it is rarely stereotyped..
Here was reportedly a career orientated local guy..with no known lean towards extremism.. he follow the religion..simple..
Decides to kill a person one morning out of his raw emotion.
How do you quantify that..
If you really wish to .. then half of the people posting on this thread..would have no qualms...about killing my family...or your family...on false accusation of blasphemy..as they have demonstrated in their posts..
If need be.. they will be barbaric about it..
In the words of our Cowboy ex ruler.. its the "root" cause that needs tackling..

call me a conspiracy theorist if you will..and if you(or anyone else) dont wish to indulge in such then I suggest you dont read further.. one can hatch a conspiracy.. others seem to fall in place..I could be hatching one right now...either the dots connect out of coincidence..or they really do connect
I will be repeating what has been said here before by other(some banned) members...in other terms..
I will recount another's tale.. i did not doubt it.. but you will.. so be forewarned.
I may be a little harsh towards a certain sect/s.. and I dont mean them any harm..or others..just wish to illustrate what I feel

OFF TOPIC
There have been concerted efforts on the part of different center's of power...to distort the Islam as it was.. and turn it into something Attilla the Hun would be proud of..
Where the name "Islam" itself would be meaningless..
Divide, Distort..and you take anything down.. whether it a famous personality,a 300 year old Empire..or a 1500 year old religion..
It took a century.. or more.. but their efforts have borne fruit..

1. Take the religion from the literate...those who know both the world and the Religion...and you have given a powerful weapon..(be it Islam,Christianity or Judaism).. into the hands of a child.
.. a relative of mine.. who was also a succesful banker.. and a Scholar..told me that back in east pakistan in the late 60's.. he stumbled onto a mosque.. where Children were being taught the Quran.. to his shock and dismay..There was very little Quran in what was being taught.. and more composed arabic poetry with false ideas.. The efforts to dismantle our Religion are closer to home than you think.
Let figurate concepts of the Prophet and God take over...and we are no different the many versions of other Abrahamic religions present in the world today.
Let emotion..and not intellect be the guiding force in your understanding..and the whole Idea of Islam.. is USELESS...
afterall..isnt it a prediction for the end of days..that Islam will be taken from those of understanding and go to the "jahilyah"(education was not implied..thought was).

2. Distort at the roots.. Muggle the concept.. wash over the idea's .. remove the need to understand from the masses.. and replace it with blind dictation.. Sir Syed's movement was a turning point for Muslims in the subcontinent.. but it had a drawback..it killed the existing method of education for Muslim children entirely.. without incorporating it.. that method.. gave a sound footing in religious matters...from Quran, hadiath..and Sunnah...and other matters of the world as well.this system had been carried on for generations...it carried teachings of the most respected scholars and saints..refined over centuries... ..which is why Sir Syed was so encouraged by the british..and why Many including Sir Syed in his enthusiasm..fell into it.
The result..that well thought out balanced education is gone..
Now its either all world..or all scripture..no understanding of how seamlessly the two unite...

3.Divide..
Sects.. Shia.. Sunni..
the divide was known.. yet.. on the level surface.. it could be united for a common cause...and for 97% of the cases..a common oath..the kalimah..not just god.. To a Muslim.. Christians..Jews..all worship the same god.. but the prophet Mohammad is unique to us..and beloved by all.
So.. take the prophet down..and you have shaken the whole house.
Enter the bahai's..the Ahmedi's..
I have heard it with my own ears the great grandson of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed.. saying that they are well taken care of by the british..and other Western states..
Then you thank the Saudi's for the Taliban... purely a political asset.. and creation..

But..what is needed now.. is not raw emotion...not ill planned ideas..
But a need to reform ourselves.. as examples of who Muslims are supposed to be.. as exemplary human beings..
We are being prosecuted accross the globe..both physically and mentally..at both macro and microscopic levels..
And yet.. there are times when one has to say enough is enough..
But even the call to fight at Badr was given by none other than the prophet after enduring more than anything current Muslim's can fathom completely.. and the call was given by a man of stature..a man of understanding....and when the call was given.. it was not a headlong plunge.. but a carefully calculated..and planned move..
It's all there in history that almost everyone knows.. but few.. take the time to study it..

Yes. This is exactly what he is saying!

So are we still surprised that religious-vigilante has killed Salman Taseer or we continue to lazily believe that it is a PPP conspiracy to bring another 'Shaheed' for political gains?

Oh, Taseer's killer has already managed to find at least a moderate level of support, if not approval in the blogspace. Shudder! This support is not coming from some small villager from inner Sindh or FATA or from some 'pind' from Punjab. These are the self-righteous protector of the Faith. These are the urban well-fed. Often expats.

Indeed, as someone correctly points out above me, these are the ideological Talibans. They don't live in caves. They have the keyboards instead of the Kalashnikov. But the mentality is the same: Intolerance, hate, and violence.

Walla you got me, how did u find me, this well-fed ideological Taliban :rofl:

so many young and fresh faced people on that face book page.. wow this is making me very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom