What's new

Good sectarianism vs Bad Sectarianism (PDF double standards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am of firm view that moderators and webby should avoid discussions and debates. No matter how resonable they might be, it just create the impression that moderators are partial to people of certain view.
Infact, when they select mods, they should see whether the person has strong views(right or wrong does not matter) or not.

Rest of us do not matter much, nobody will feel victim if I or you say something stupid.

I am not going to put a tape on my mouth.

I will however make sure that i am understanding, unbiased when it comes to moderating.

I am not going to put a tape on my mouth.

I will however make sure that i am understanding, unbiased when it comes to moderating.
sarkar, I did not imply to completely stop posting, just to avoid posting as much as possible in passionate debates. If you want to express yourself, will it not be better to do it in senior cafe where most ordinary members not allowed.
And then there is chit chat thread, specifically to keep you relaxed. :)
Or may be I am taking too idealist and impractical view. we are all human, and we have needs. cheers.. :cheers:

Unfortunately.. I am starting to agree with that.
Webby should develop bots for Moderation.

For a long while I felt moderation was forcing me into opinion celibacy.

I am of firm view that moderators and webby should avoid discussions and debates. No matter how resonable they might be, it just create the impression that moderators are partial to people of certain view.
Infact, when they select mods, they should see whether the person has strong views(right or wrong does not matter) or not.

Rest of us do not matter much, nobody will feel victim if I or you say something stupid.

If you make that a hard core rule than i will support to make all Indian posters modes, lot of problems will be resolved automatically.

If you make that a hard core rule than i will support to make all Indian posters modes, lot of problems will be resolved automatically.
OP is complaining about pakistanis and iranians lol.. :chilli:

I do not know if anyone has noticed:
It is expats that are often the most bigoted. Often I find myself "moderating" Indian expat's views on Pakistan even when they are up to 3'rd generation born and bred. And I get "moderated" by Indians in India on my views sometimes.

Like most people it is hate born out of ignorance. PDF is often a shining example of this. My above example is not a sweeping statement. Everyone has an agenda. Fortunately bigotry is not a policy in India. Despite all the efforts of the public in Pakistan and PDF has many such members. I am of the solid opinion that amongst the elite in Pakistan Bigotry is a central theme.

Very sad, I am aghast at the fact that it seems like a pointless exercise to even vote in Pakistan. Very sorry if I have hurt any sentiments.

PS By "elite in Pakistan" I do not exclusively mean the educated rich, I also largely include people of Influence on the masses such as talking heads of the sects.

Frankly speaking this Shia/Sunni Sectarianism is sickening to the core. I always make it a point to chastise any comments / remarks made against any group whether Arabs/Iranians/Shias/Sunnis. Pakistan as a Nation has become too Polarized and we need to fight this menace tooth and nail.

On one hand we have these Pakistani Sunni Extremist killing innocent Shia People in Quetta and elsewhere. On the other hand we have Pakistani Shias reacting to these injustices by castigating KSA and rant about Wahabis without any evidence of a linkage.

I think we can all agree that there is no such thing as a GOOD SECTARIANISM.

Let us all agree that any Hatred Spewed against any Group, Creed, Nationality or Ethnicity will not be tolerated. Zero Tolerance.

Unfortunately.. I am starting to agree with that.
Webby should develop bots for Moderation.

For a long while I felt moderation was forcing me into opinion celibacy.

I know that feel bro...

I agree this Wahabi this & Wahabi that bashing is getting way out of control ! Most usually have a verbal diarrhea whereby they'd blame the Wahabi (read Saudi) about everything from their problems when taking a pissss to connecting them to the world Jewry & some of those 'most' are fairly senior members on PDF.

Frankly speaking this Shia/Sunni Sectarianism is sickening to the core. I always make it a point to chastise any comments / remarks made against any group whether Arabs/Iranians/Shias/Sunnis. Pakistan as a Nation has become too Polarized and we need to fight this menace tooth and nail.

On one hand we have these Pakistani Sunni Extremist killing innocent Shia People in Quetta and elsewhere. On the other hand we have Pakistani Shias reacting to these injustices by castigating KSA and rant about Wahabis without any evidence of a linkage.

I think we can all agree that there is no such thing as a GOOD SECTARIANISM.

Let us all agree that any Hatred Spewed against any Group, Creed, Nationality or Ethnicity will not be tolerated. Zero Tolerance.

I am just sick and tired of associating Saudi Arabia in all ills of the world, not to mention the constant hate threads directed against it. I tried reasonable debate but to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom