Gay Married & Pakistani

muse

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
The Express Tribune

SHC approached against 'Pakistani’s gay marriage' in Sweden
By Naeem Sahoutara
Published: June 29, 2013

KARACHI: The Sindh High Court (SHC) has been requested to direct a government act against a Pakistani citizen who has reportedly solemnized gay marriage in Sweden.

Muhammad Imran Shahzad from the United Human Rights Commission went to court against the Government of Sindh and the federal ministries of foreign affairs, interior affairs and religious affairs.

In his plea, Shahzad had reported that a Pakistani named Muhammad Yaqoob had recently solemnized gay marriage in Sweden in violation of Islamic laws, but the Pakistani ambassador there was mum over the matter.

The petitioner also claimed to be in possession of a marriage certificate issued by the Swedish authorities which stated that Muhammad Yaqoob and Asadullah Mehsood had been legally married. He also claims that he has photo of the marriage ceremony.

Shahzad contended that the gay marriage involving a Pakistani citizen was illegal because it was against Islamic ideology and the laws of the country

He has sought approval from the foreign affairs ministry to condemn such marriages and has plead for a case be lodged against Muhammad Yaqoob for violating the country’s laws.

He also stated that Pakistani ambassadors posted in other countries were failing to preach the Islamic religious teachings among their communities and pleaded to the court to direct them.

The petition is expected be taken up for hearing in the coming days.

What's his problem? They're in Sweden, let them do what they want.

And for the record, I don't agree with Gay Marriage, but this is not Pakistan's matter.

Ḥashshāshīn;4467640 said:

And for the record, I don't agree with Gay Marriage, but this is not Pakistan's matter.

Its a tabloid doing what it gets paid to do.

SHC can't do ****. Raymond Diamond ko rokh nahi sakey, chaley hain apna Expats ko bully karney. Dalley sarey!

Shahzad contended that the gay marriage involving a Pakistani citizen was illegal because it was against Islamic ideology and the laws of the country[/B].

He also stated that Pakistani ambassadors posted in other countries were failing to preach the Islamic religious teachings among their communities and pleaded to the court to direct them.

This is most interesting - it has of course IDEOLOGY (no, the Islamic kind, sigh) and of course the need for Pakistani ambassadors to preach islamic ideology to the expat Pakistanis.

I think the petitioner may have been in a kind of tree way affair and is jealous - but interesting question of Ideology (no, the Islamic kind)

Ḥashshāshīn;4467640 said:

there is one problem, what if they are pak national and not swedish, every gay couple will head to foreign coutry for gay marriages and come back as gay couple legally in pakistan?

there is one problem, what if they are pak national and not swedish, every gay couple will head to foreign coutry for gay marriages and come back as gay couple legally in pakistan?

Let them, yar why are we acting like the moral police for 167 million people? Who the hell gave us the right, it's their life, if they want to be bum chums, let them do what that want.

the horror, the shame -- on the other hand I wonder if they served biryani at the reception?

But what about Pakistani ambassadors not doing their Quranic duty and not preaching to god forsaken??

Let them, yar why are we acting like the moral police for 167 million people? Who the hell gave us the right, it's their life, if they want to be bum chums, let them do what that want.

but pakistan doesnt encourage gay rights, it will be violation of pakistani laws legally speaking

but pakistan doesnt encourage gay rights, it will be violation of pakistani laws legally speaking

So does drinking, but that goes on for the rich and famous in Royal Palm basement, right? Double standards hain humery government key, aur in Chaudhary's nain humerai awam ko brainwash kar ke rakh dia hain.

the horror, the shame -- on the other hand I wonder if they served biryani at the reception?

But what about Pakistani ambassadors not doing their Quranic duty and not preaching to god forsaken??

I wonder if they had biryani as well. Heck I wonder if they had a reception. How many people you think would attend such a reception?

So many questions. :woot:

So does drinking, but that goes on for the rich and famous in Royal Palm basement, right? Double standards hain humery government key, aur in Chaudhary's nain humerai awam ko brainwash kar ke rakh dia hain.

Appearances must be upheld lest Pakistan seem dare I say it? Unislamic. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom