Four airlines refuse to lease aircraft to PIA

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
4 airlines refuse to lease aircraft to PIA - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

53b48809e5b65.jpg

A source says the foreign airlines expressed their inability to lease the aircraft citing security issues

LAHORE: Four foreign airlines have refused to give aircraft to the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) on ‘wet lease’ because of security reasons.

The airlines of Eastern Europe and Central Asia had shown interest in providing four aircraft to the PIA when it floated a tender in early June. But after the attack on Karachi airport and firing at a PIA plane in Peshawar, they have withdrawn the offer.

Under the wet lease agreement, an airline provides aircraft, pilots and cabin crew and maintenance and insurance, while under the dry lease the airline provides only aircraft.

A source in the PIA told Dawn that the foreign airlines had offered to provide 180-seater A320 and 737 aircraft to PIA, but now they expressed their inability to do so citing security issues. He said the national flag-carrier was also facing problems in acquiring planes on dry lease.

The DEMOCRAZY politicians are unmoved & they only care for their personal interests & family business.

i don't think so ,it is big issue......Chinese airline company will provide support for sure :-)

Pakistan needs the bigger version (70 seater) of ATR and A320 family / 737 aircrafts... i ahve spoken to ppl in engineering department and to this day they disagree with the purchase of the smaller ATR with derated engines.... one needs to sit and calculate the cost savings in wet lease / dry lease over taking a low interest loan and getting this done...
secondly
in order to prosper we need to decrease the staff... especially in ticketing department and cabin crew.. i say get those fat, misbehaving and rude people off the company. political appointments should be done away with.

The DEMOCRAZY politicians are unmoved & they only care for their personal interests & family business.

What does that have to do with the Topic at hand? The article says that the airlines are citing security concerns. What does that have to do with your view about politicians? Rant all you want, but keep it in a relevant thread.

smaller ATR with derated engines

The ATR 42-500 was inducted with the most powerful PW127 power rating. This took place after extensive ATR 42 trial flights which took place in the Northern Areas with an accompanying ATR test pilot.

The reason the smaller ATR 42 was chosen over the 72 is because of its superior OEI climb and altitude cruise capability.

What does that have to do with the Topic at hand? The article says that the airlines are citing security concerns. What does that have to do with your view about politicians? Rant all you want, but keep it in a relevant thread.

I have said it right. These things happen because of failures.

criticism is one of the most easiest things to do , but even while doing that you need to show some variety and apply some rationality .

I have said it right. These things happen because of failures.
Failures of course, with one of them being failure to educate. That is why people like yourself find it so easy to say such things.

The ATR 42-500 was inducted with the most powerful PW127 power rating. This took place after extensive ATR 42 trial flights which took place in the Northern Areas with an accompanying ATR test pilot.

The reason the smaller ATR 42 was chosen over the 72 is because of its superior OEI climb and altitude cruise capability.

Agreed on the above.. but the same variant was available in the bigger brother as well.. that would have been more cost affective for PIA... if you ever take a flight to multan, RYK or BWP then you would see that the biggest problem is non availability of seats .. all aircrafts are almost always fully packed... an extra 25 seats would have catered to this...
secondly that is what i was told by various engineers... my take on this is that we should have opted for a mix of 70 and 42 seater.. this would have been more beneficial

Agreed on the above.. but the same variant was available in the bigger brother as well.. that would have been more cost affective for PIA... if you ever take a flight to multan, RYK or BWP then you would see that the biggest problem is non availability of seats .. all aircrafts are almost always fully packed... an extra 25 seats would have catered to this...
secondly that is what i was told by various engineers... my take on this is that we should have opted for a mix of 70 and 42 seater.. this would have been more beneficial

Whilst you are correct, the drawback of the -72 is that it's more expensive.

For most airlines that isn't a problem, however for PIA it is. The fact that PIA couldn't afford to replace the written off ATR42 in Lahore and had to go to the GoP for loans to lease A320s illustrates the dire financial straits the airline is in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom