What's new

First Project-15B Bangalore-class DDG hull : satellite pics

Oh I got that bit.

I am referring to the NEW MDL tender for fabricating a 1/100 scale model of the P-15B as per the designs MDL will provide.

It lists 16 cells for AShMs and 64 cells for SAMs.

I wanted you to go through it.
As you have seen earlier on, I have gone through it. I'm not speculating.

As you have seen earlier on, I have gone through it. I'm not speculating.

Its a bit odd that late last year's tender for the model specified 48 SAM cells and this year's tender (issued just this month) specifies 64.

What I would not give to spot the model, apparently it'll be finished in 2 months time, or the detailed drawings that MDL will hand over to folks shortlisted on the tender.

Its a bit odd that late last year's tender for the model specified 48 SAM cells and this year's tender (issued just this month) specifies 64.
Have you posted both? And pointed that out?

What I would not give to spot the model, apparently it'll be finished in 2 months time, or the detailed drawings that MDL will hand over to folks shortlisted on the tender.
Is there any pic of the first model?

Wont it be wise to base LUH and Naval LUH on Dhruv?
The LUH WILL be based on the ALH just like the LCH is. But the basic design of the LUH (single engined) doesn't meet with the basic criteria of the IN (twin-egined). Just like the ALH and LCH the LUH is being designed around the requirements of the IAF and IA and it is up to the IN to find their own solution.

@Penguin Please note that nilgiri class is not in service.
decommisioned last one last year.
Nilgiri-class frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Offtopic :How good is SS-N-2D Styx AShM? Still count these ?
Don't you think IN need harpoon/exocet like AShM ?
Yes, I know. The point is about what it is replaced by.

SS-N-2D Styx AShM is on the Godavari's (P16). It has been superseded by Kh-35 Uran's a.k.a. Harpoonski in Brahmaputra's (P16A), It is also on the Rajput class, of which some have received deck launch and others vertically launched Brahmos capability. It is also used on all but the last pair of Veer class fast attack boats, of the Rssian Tarantul design. The last pair are much newer and have received a similar AShM load out as found on the P16A:4x4 Kh-35 Uran. You also see thise in the Kora class corvettes P25A, which are the follow-ons to the Khukri class corvettes P25. So it is on the way out. Meanwhile, I'ld rather not have aimed at my yacht, Yas (SWIFT 141)which is built on the hull of an ex-RNthN Kortenaer class Standard frigate.

timthumb.php

image013.jpg

Last edited:
No i will stay firm in my assesement.
U will see what PLAN looks like in 10 years mate,,,,japanese cannot match them in induction speed and in money.So in numbers they will be second only to USN in 10 years down the line

But japanese will maintain the qualitative edge courtesy USA and EUROPE.

It remains to be seen though how many aircraft carriers does the PLAN has in 10 years from now,,its specualted they are already building two at the same time.

Japan doesn't have the quality advantage either.

Their Atago class is just a watered down version of the the Flight IIA, whereas the Type 052D is equivalent to the Flight IIA.

Japan doesn't have the quality advantage either.

Their Atago class is just a watered down version of the the Flight IIA, whereas the Type 052D is equivalent to the Flight IIA.

type 052d -> 64 vls
arleigh burke flight ii, atago --> 96 vls

Have you posted both? And pointed that out?

Is there any pic of the first model?

Bro this upgrade was long overdue. There has to be credible difference between P 15A and P 15B and this is the difference.

Last edited:
Yes, I know. The point is about what it is replaced by.

SS-N-2D Styx AShM is on the Godavari's (P16). It has been superseded by Kh-35 Uran's a.k.a. Harpoonski in Brahmaputra's (P16A), It is also on the Rajput class, of which some have received deck launch and others vertically launched Brahmos capability. It is also used on all but the last pair of Veer class fast attack boats, of the Rssian Tarantul design. The last pair are much newer and have received a similar AShM load out as found on the P16A:4x4 Kh-35 Uran. You also see thise in the Kora class corvettes P25A, which are the follow-ons to the Khukri class corvettes P25. So it is on the way out. Meanwhile, I'ld rather not have aimed at my yacht, Yas (SWIFT 141)which is built on the hull of an ex-RNthN Kortenaer class Standard frigate.

timthumb.php

image013.jpg

P 20M isn't very good nowadays. Back in it's day it burnt Karachi but not today as good. The missile is a relic and even the KH 35 is not very good.

Brahmos all the way!

even the KH 35 is not very good.

Balony. If your criterion for 'not very good' is that it is high subsonic, in which case please explain why PLAN, for example, has opted to arm its 054/A frgates and 056 corvettes and many other of its ships with such a missile. Youi also have to keep in mind for which platforms it was designed: I've yet to see a Brahmos carried on a medium ASW heli ...

Says ChineseTiger1986,who else??
Well that explains a lot

Back
Top Bottom