What's new

First Project-15B Bangalore-class DDG hull : satellite pics

Cut the racist crap.
U can now go back to ur shitty china bashing jingoistic claim.

Rest almost everyone is aware of the truth

being too hasty I must say, you know how much crap we had to endure before the 52C and D? You know how crappy our ships were before? You know even before 52C, we had 051 and 052 that were more glorified frigates, and not particularly good frigates.

It took the better part of 40 years to go from this
18205510.jpg

to this

j-15+flying+sharke+fighterChina++Aircraft+Carrier+Liaoning+CV16+j-15+16+17+22+21+31+z8+9+10+11+12+13fighter+jet+aewc+PLA+NAVY+PLAAF+PLANAF+LANDING+TAKEOFF+%285%29.jpg

Anything worth doing is time consuming and hard. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

being too hasty I must say, you know how much crap we had to endure before the 52C and D? You know how crappy our ships were before? You know even before 52C, we had 051 and 052 that were more glorified frigates, and not particularly good frigates.

18205510.jpg

to this

j-15+flying+sharke+fighterChina++Aircraft+Carrier+Liaoning+CV16+j-15+16+17+22+21+31+z8+9+10+11+12+13fighter+jet+aewc+PLA+NAVY+PLAAF+PLANAF+LANDING+TAKEOFF+%285%29.jpg

Anything worth doing is time consuming and hard. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

India had to graduate from Delhi class to Kolkata class ToT always hurts.

18205510.jpg

to this

That's deep man

India is making its own AESA radar for future ships.

You have a link for that & is it a Licensed version or one of our own

Really bro 130km range subsonic KH 35 is good enough? There's a reason IN feels shy using this missile on their missile boats nowadays even! It is practically useless in network centric high volume warfare. Infact I am thankful we have finally stepped on the right track, buying Klub and producing Brahmos missile.
Noticed Club family includes a 300km high subsonic missile, in antiship and land attack variant?

@Penguin do you think that the I.N. should have gone ahead and ordered 3-6 FREMM class frigates to replace the obsolete Godavari class and the Brahmaputra class ones??
Secondly what ectra capabilities would the FREMM class bring to the table other than it's excellent AAW capability??
Lastly,if we had chosen the FREMM class would it be the Italian version or the Frnech ones considering the fact that the French ones have an extra armament of 16 Scalp LACM in addition to the usual 8 Exocet AshM load??
Please throw some light in this matter...
1. Why order FREMM when you got P17 to work with. All it needs is a newer VL Main SAM.
2. Three original variants of the FREMM were proposed; an anti-submarine variant (ASW) and a general-purpose variant (GP) and a land-attack variant (AVT) to replace the existing classes of frigates within the French and Italian navies.The land-attack variant (AVT) was subsequently cancelled. An anti-air warfare variant of FREMM was proposed by DCNS in repose to French requirements for a new air-defence frigate, the new variant became known as FREDA ("FREgates de Défense Aériennes", "Air defence frigate"). This new French requirement was due to the third and fourth Horizon being cancelled after the first two cost €1,350m each, but this decision left French Navy still in-need of replacements for its ageing Cassard class air-defence frigates. At Euronaval 2012 DCNS showed a new concept called FREMM-ER for the FREDA requirement, again based on the FREMM, but specifically mentioning the ballistic missile defence mission as well as anti-air.The Moroccan ship is similar to the French anti-submarine version, less SCALP cruise missiles, Greece eyes FREMM as replacement for the general purpose Elli/Kortenaer class frigates. I.E. FREMM is what you need it to be.
3. It is all a matter of budget and politics e.g. is there are ToT package, or off-set orders?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom